Prospect Info: With the 23rd overall pick in the 2024 Draft, the Ducks take Stian Solberg!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
What's the connection with Zegras? I saw the quote, but like I'm sure there's going to be lots of Ducks players that wont be on the team when he is. Why mention Zegras, is there history with them?
I assume it’s just from rumblings/speculation about him eventually being traded. They also mentioned Gibson right afterwards

If I’m thinking correctly on the quote you are talking about

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Obvious Madden pick but can't say anything bad about this one.
How about saying something nice, like the Ducks got the message to draft a big, physical defenseman? From what I read he is likely a second pairing defenseman, but that is probably the best that you can hope for at this point in the draft.

Reactions: Yemeth

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I didnt expect we would be able to actually get him. Fantastic selection!

What a fantastic surprise! I expected him to be selected in the teens. When I came back to watching the draft, I was wonder how much longer until the 31st pick and looked at HF to realized we traded up for Solberg. He's the top of the next tier of shutdown D-men (after Dickinson and Silayev).

Great job on the front office for trading up for him.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Am I a bad person for being more excited about this guy than our #3? :help:

I'm just waiting for his first goal so the announcer can say SOOOOOOOOLLLLL-BERG!

And then C. Thomas Howell can come out in blackface.

1_mX9nXxZzAoSLAJEIMZsPbg.jpg

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Found this to be a bit cool, almost as though it was meant to be :

I participated in a mock draft back in May with @WhatTheDuck and while he beat me to taking the Ducks and having to settle for the Isles, I beat him to trading for the #23 pick from the maple leafs to select, Stian Solberg! ;)

(Trading for Jiricek at 25 was also great value)

Post in thread '2024 7-Round NHL Mock Draft 3.0 (Clock Starts Mon May 13 at 8 AM ET)'
2024 7-Round NHL Mock Draft 3.0 (Clock Starts Mon May 13 at 8 AM ET)

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
Watched him play since the 21-22 season. He is pretty good but probably not NHL-ready just yet.

The good thing about VIF is that they are super cereal when it comes to off-ice training. Solberg is in hilariously good shape.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Found this to be a bit cool, almost as though it was meant to be :

I participated in a mock draft back in May with @WhatTheDuck and while he beat me to taking the Ducks and having to settle for the Isles, I beat him to trading for the #23 pick from the maple leafs to select, Stian Solberg! ;)

(Trading for Jiricek at 25 was also great value)

Post in thread '2024 7-Round NHL Mock Draft 3.0 (Clock Starts Mon May 13 at 8 AM ET)'
2024 7-Round NHL Mock Draft 3.0 (Clock Starts Mon May 13 at 8 AM ET)

Haha there is no race to taking the Ducks for those mocks, I've been doing them for 11 years now and the commish just assigns them to me

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Just asked on his main board thread, but does anyone know Solberg's contract status overseas? I see he's signed with Farjestad to compete in the SHL next year. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I also don't think he's a prospect who needs any time to be physically ready to compete in the AHL. Pre draft I had him as one of the most pro ready along with Celebrini and Helenius.

Just saying, I don't think we would be rushing him at all if we decided to sign Solberg and bring him straight over to SD. Maybe best for him to learn the NA game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad