With Jack Edwards retired is Marc Moser (Avalanche) the biggest homer on a broadcast?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That crew always had Edwards beat.

I always liked Edwards. Whenever I heard him call a Rangers/Bruins game, I found him to be one of the more fair commentators to the Rangers in the league, actually. Rick Nash had an insane assist against them and Edwards absolutely flipped out about it.

I think the thing with Edwards is that his energy is crazy and can be off-putting, and also, he does legitimately hate Montreal, so he got out of pocket in those games.

But like, I've heard at least ten crews that are more depressing when the road team scores. That Avs crew chief among them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is the Colorado crew still the guy they had in the 90s?

I forgot his name.... Haynes or something?

I find him comical. There are clips when the opposing team scores a goal and his energy just hits the lowest point possible in a blink of an eye.

Then there's the other side to him.... "the another right by Roy" side. That is more edwardsy in its theatrics. It's more of a wwe style.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Is the Colorado crew still the guy they had in the 90s?

I forgot his name.... Haynes or something?

I find him comical. There are clips when the opposing team scores a goal and his energy just hits the lowest point possible in a blink of an eye.

Then there's the other side to him.... "the another right by Roy" side. That is more edwardsy.
No, that is Mike Haynes and he had a brain anyeurism causing him to retire. This pushed the Avs radio guy Marc Moser into the booth. He's a radio guy doing TV.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As bad as Jack is he at least seem to do his homework on the other team and has little anecdotes about the other teams players he could sprinkle throughout the game. The AVS guys seem like they talking about a game with only 1 team playing

I will say this, the AVs announcers were a bit more tolerable when the Islanders beat them the other night, then last year when the AVs won both games. I really with Center Ice would go back to letting us choose what broadcast we get to watch rather then forcing homer announcers from the other team on us.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Homerism on a local broadcast adds spice. I don't want cookie cutter vanilla announcers for every team. National games, sure, avoid homerism. BTW, peak Edwards was one of the best there ever was.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Even if Jack really did hate the Habs he still called every big Habs goal and moment against the Bruins as well as any “neutral” PBP guy

Edwards energy didn't change regardless of whether the bruins scored or the opposition. You knew it bothered him if it wasn't the bruins, but that was the difference in his brand of homerism.

Everything was amplified.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Another thing to keep in mind, the Avalanche literally own the network that broadcasts Avs games. These guys are yes-men and essentially are required to glaze the Avs constantly. It is what it is. They will not remove them because of road fans being disgruntled or whatever.

I suggest doing what I do, and tuning in to the away broadcast.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
To be fair…they’re just drunk fans that the Avs hired, that explains the weird tangents they go on. Like when they’re going on about what colour of orange is the ducks jersey or that time one of them had kidney stones. It’s just you and the boys watching hockey and getting a little wobbly.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Homer broadcast teams, but especially PbP guys, are annoying. Just give me the info...it's MY job to cheer for or against a team, not yours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad