Winnipeg Jets History

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey fellas. Long time Jets sympathizer (since about 2005 really) and I have a question for someone who was around and remembers. When Hawerchuk got hurt in 84 in the 1st round series vs the Flames, the Oilers swept the Jets the following round. My question is would it have made any difference were Hawerchuk healthy? I asked once before and got a few vague answers and I think a "no" and figured I'd try again

Not trying to trudge in here with some BS. I genuinely wish you guys had fared better against Gretzky and the boys and that appeared to be the best shot the Jets had. I just wanna know if there could have been an upset or if it would have been been an upset

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Hey fellas. Long time Jets sympathizer (since about 2005 really) and I have a question for someone who was around and remembers. When Hawerchuk got hurt in 84 in the 1st round series vs the Flames, the Oilers swept the Jets the following round. My question is would it have made any difference were Hawerchuk healthy? I asked once before and got a few vague answers and I think a "no" and figured I'd try again

Not trying to trudge in here with some BS. I genuinely wish you guys had fared better against Gretzky and the boys and that appeared to be the best shot the Jets had. I just wanna know if there could have been an upset or if it would have been been an upset
That season Hawerchuk was unbelievably good and had a pretty decent roster around him as well. The Macoun hit killed all the chemistry in the top 3 lines. While pure angry emotion got them through the Flames series, the Oilers were a very different beast. If Hawerchuk weren't hurt, I think it would have been a closer series, perhaps even a six or seven gamer, but ultimately that Oiler roster was incredible, perhaps as good as any in league history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad