Winnipeg Jets History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
From a weeks back on September 21st, 2021

Your memory seems shaky at best since you recollected this event differently a few years back. Here's your post from April 30th, 2015.

Scanning news papers and not seeing an advertisement for a promotion for a one night event, means squat.

You realize a lot of their advertising was done on radio and not newspapers back then.

Not finding an advertisement proves nothing and I would bet money you didn’t spend a minute in a library researching this lame topic. So just to be clear any reference to you doing library research does nothing to move the metre towards debunking this.

Until you can explain why people that work for the organization in 1985 recorded for saying that there was a one night promotion for the fans to wear white, you have proven zilch.

Anything else you state about my memory means nothing.

The fact that the person who wrote the article spoke to people who worked at the organization during that time; and they are the ones that told him about a one night promotion to wear white, that is 100% factual proof.

And why would a reporter want to fabricate a story about a one night promotion back in 1985?

Like he needed people to believe a lie about a story that has nothing to do with him. Yeah that makes a lot of sense lol.

I have spoken with Kirby on Twitter and he 100% stands by this article because he spoke to those people that worked in the organization and they are the ones that informed him of the night people were to wear white.

He said it’s sad that people try to discredit the article yet refuse to speak to the people that informed him of that story. He said they should go reach out to those people and ask them themselves.

I am 100% agree with him. If you put so much effort into your library research why not use that effort and reach out to those people and ask them if that’s 100% factual?

And really I could care less what you choose to believe. My memory recalls a night that we wore white to the Jets and it was prior to 87. Kirby’s story completely backs up my memory so I’m going to choose to believe that, and you can choose to believe otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bennylundholm
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You fail miserably with your attempt to debunk.

scanning news papers and not seeing an advertisement for a promotion for a one night event that was made up a week prior, means squat. You realize a lot of their advertising was done on radio and not newspapers. Not finding an advertisement proves nothing you understand that right?

Until you can explain why people that work for the organization in 1985 recorded for saying that there was a one night promotion for the fans to wear white, you have proven zilch.

Anything else you state about my memory means nothing. The fact that the person who wrote the article spoke to people who worked at the organization during that time; and they are the ones that told him about a one night promotion to wear white, that is 100% factual proof.

That is actual proof.Everything you talk about is just flakey

and spare me another novel with lame attempt to discredit my memory I won’t respond anymore. I think you don’t understand what actual proof is or what actual evidence is.

Unless you can prove why people would lie to a reporter about a fake promotion night you’ve proven zilch.

And why would a reporter want to fabricate a story about a one night promotion back in 1985? Like he needed people to believe a lie about a story that has nothing to do with him. Yeah that makes a lot of sense lol.

It's hard to find evidence of something that never occurred. What do you expect me to find? Newpaper interviews with headlines from 1985 stating "There's no white out again tonight", or "Good Guys wear Black."

You own words from 6 years ago had you state you didn't remember wearing white. Now you're convinced you wore a white Club Monaco sweater as your Whiteout gear in the spring of 1985.

August 1986 is when they added the the 2nd level to Polo Park, and Club Monaco was a new tenant at that reopening. You bought your white sweater after that day and wore it a few months later to the actual Whiteout in April of 1987.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
It's hard to find evidence of something that never occurred. What do you expect me to find? Newpaper interviews with headlines from 1985 stating "There's no white out again tonight", or "Good Guys wear Black."

You own words from 6 years ago had you state you didn't remember wearing white. Now you're convinced you wore a Club Monaco sweater in the spring of 1985.

Do you realize that company wasn't even founded until 1985 and their first store was in Toronto?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Monaco
Once again I could care less what you wanna believe, but everything you have put on here is nothing other than proof lacking nonsense. My club Monaco shirt mean squat to proving anything much like your library research, go reach out to those people and if they inform you that they lied to Kirby, because they love lying to reporters, we are done with this subject

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Once again I could care less what you wanna believe, but everything you have put on here is nothing other than proof lacking nonsense. My club Monaco shirt mean squat to proving anything much like your library research, go reach out to those people and if they inform you that they lied to Kirby, because they love lying to reporters, we are done with this subject

See you in another 6 six years when your story changes for a third time and you were wearing either a white Canary Island sweater or a white Wham! "Choose Life" long hanging t-shirt

Those were actually popular in 1985.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
-An incredibly good hockey city. Winnipeg probably has the best fans in the entire NHL. The interest in hockey among the people in the city is very great.

The Swedes who previously played in the Winnipeg Jets, and especially then maybe Ulf "Lill-Pröjsarn" Nilsson and Anders Hedberg who played there in a chain together with Bobby Hull, had really left their mark on the club and made Swedes very popular among the fans . Before me, ten Swedes had probably played there, all of whom did very well.

Charmade Winnipeg med sin fina teknik: "Vi svenskar var populära" - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar

untitled-3-1633812989-1633812990.jpg

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
See you in another 6 six years when your story changes for a third time and you were wearing either a white Canary Island sweater or a white Wham! "Choose Life" long hanging t-shirt

Those were actually popular in 1985.

Maybe by then you may have learnt what actual proof is. Making up a pathetic lie about going to a library is not proof lol, kinda embarrassing actually.

And the story has been the same from the start. You struggle with comprehension. Much like your delusional rant towards Dean Kennedy, it’s clear you struggle with understanding what you read, or most likely you don’t read it at all.

Now get back to that library and pretend to execute that Dewey Decimal System lol.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Once again no one is discrediting that the official white out started in 87. 85 was a one night promo to wear white and it was not called the white out.

You did back in 2015.

I also own a copy of Kirbyson's book. Do you?

You're referring to "Good Guys Wear White Hats" its on page 230 in chapter 13.

With that said it's page 231 where history could appear to be being revised & a full on 1985 white out alleged to occur, sponsored by 92CITI FM & CKY-TV.

I'll read you word for word what the book says:

"Late in the afternoon on game day, Carney looked out his window and saw only a few fans walking to the arena dressed in white. Well, at least some people got the message"

Notice it's only a few fans & with the NHL policy at the time of home jerseys being white, a fan wearing a jersey would naturally both own & wear a white one. Regardless the book admits few were wearing white.

"He got in his car & picked up his wife & got back to his parking spot moments before the national anthem was about to be sung. They took the elevator to the stations box & Hennesy opened the door to let them in.

I looked and it was a sheer panorama of white. It was just amazing"

So is it true? Was there really a white out? In 1985? Read closer.

It's just those in the stations box that are being referred to. What about the rest of the crowd?

"He took took to his seats that station owner Randy Moffat had besides the Jets bench. They were filled by the CITI-FM crew morning crew.

"They were all wearing white, except Gary James, who was wearing beige because he he didn't own anything white.

Again only a reference to the staff at CITI-FM. Apparently the only people this "promotion" reached was those in media, explaining why all the footage that exists of the game online clearly displays no White Out occurred.

So at best this was a bomb of a promotion. But did it inspire the 1987 White Out?

Our receptionist for many years is friends with Rod Palson who works for Palmer Jarvis Communications. His company created the White Out concept in 1987. She reached out to him on my behalf. His comments today backed up this post previously made here.

"I got summoned to a lunch meeting to talk about something with Madeline Hanson, vice-president of marketing for the Jets, over lunch at Rae and Jerry’s Steakhouse. She had a request, to do something to fight back against the Calgary Flames, the Jets’ first-round opponents in the 1987 playoffs. Flames fans were dressing all in red, the C of Red. Winnipeg needed a response. An early idea was for fans to dress in red, white and blue, Jets colours. That proved to be too complicated. Rather we decided to keep it simple: ask fans to wear white and call it… the Whiteout. With only a few days to get the word out, the Jets’ marketing team went to work, promoting Good Guys Wear White in print, radio and television. It was a good idea. It was simple and easy for fans to take part. The only question was would Winnipeggers respond?

“I was driving to the arena that night for that game hoping me and my family weren’t going to be the only ones wearing white,” remembered Palson. “As soon as we got out of the car in the parking lot it was like ‘Oh man, this is happening. This is really working.

The Winnipeg Whiteout was born. And everyone took notice."

That story in full appears here.

White Out! – Way Back Winnipeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets4Life
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe by then you may have learnt what actual proof is. Making up a pathetic lie about going to a library is not proof lol, kinda embarrassing actually.

And the story has been the same from the start. You struggle with comprehension. Much like your delusional rant towards Dean Kennedy, it’s clear you struggle with understanding what you read, or most likely you don’t read it at all.

Now get back to that library and pretend to execute that Dewey Decimal System lol.

The one lacking comprehension is you. I stated I logged in from home & suggested you can do the same...
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 7.34.03 PM.png

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
You did back in 2015.

I also own a copy of Kirbyson's book. Do you?

You're referring to "Good Guys Wear White Hats" its on page 230 in chapter 13.

You own a book of the author you are accusing of lying about a story. That makes about as much sense as your proof.

and if you can recall a post of mine from 2015, that’s kinda strange

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You own a book of the author you are accusing of lying about a story. That makes about as much sense as your proof.

and if you can recall a post of mine from 2015, that’s kinda strange

It was a gift, as was his prior book from 2016 "The Hot Line"

I've also known him since we were 12.

And your post from 2015 I shared with you in post 575 in this thread. I found it doing a search on the website

You should try using it sometime.
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 8.33.20 PM.png

Anyways the only thing positive I've taken from our interaction is a reminder of how much I love Nitty Gritty Dirt bands 1970 album "Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy." Side 2 track 3 is "Mr. Bojangles. Great song!

As is side 2 track 9 "House On Pooh Corner!

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
It was a gift, as was his prior book from 2016 "The Hot Line"

I've also known him since we were 12.

And your post from 2015 I shared with you in post 275 in this thread. I found it doing a search on the website

You should try using it sometime.View attachment 469472

Also it's confirmed there was no Club Monaco in Winnipeg in 1985.

Anyways the only thing positive I've taken from our interaction is a reminder of how much I love Nitty Gritty Dirt bands 1970 album "Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy." Side 2 track 3 is "Mr. Bojangles. Great song!

As is side 2 track 9 "House On Pooh Corner!

Glad you got something positive from this. I have found conversing with you to be a complete waste of time.

oh and please quote my post #275 in this thread?

You should avoid using definitive words like “confirmed” cause I am pretty sure you don’t understand the meaning.

Last edited:

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
-An incredibly good hockey city. Winnipeg probably has the best fans in the entire NHL. The interest in hockey among the people in the city is very great.

The Swedes who previously played in the Winnipeg Jets, and especially then maybe Ulf "Lill-Pröjsarn" Nilsson and Anders Hedberg who played there in a chain together with Bobby Hull, had really left their mark on the club and made Swedes very popular among the fans . Before me, ten Swedes had probably played there, all of whom did very well.

Charmade Winnipeg med sin fina teknik: "Vi svenskar var populära" - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Very entertaining Jet!! I took his name because of good memories.

Reactions: Guardian17

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014

Lundholm, along with Steen and Smail. One of the most entertaining lines in Jets NHL history. Didn’t score a lot, but put on a cycling clinic most games.
The other 2 most entertaining lines from 1.0:
One barely scored: Domi, Eagles, King.
The other scored a bunch: Tkachuk, Zhamnov, Selanne.

Reactions: Guardian17

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Once again no one is discrediting that the official white out started in 87. 85 was a one night promo to wear white and it was not called the white out.

But 2 pages ago you said that "Good Guys Wear White" was from 1985 and was different from the whiteout. You've been presented with some pretty concrete evidence that is not correct.

I don't believe there was a "One night" promo 2 years earlier with the same name (that apparently wasn't very successful if we are to believe the video and archival evidence - of which there is none) but whatever helps you feel better I guess.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
But 2 pages ago you said that "Good Guys Wear White" was from 1985 and was different from the whiteout. You've been presented with some pretty concrete evidence that is not correct.

I don't believe there was a "One night" promo 2 years earlier with the same name (that apparently wasn't very successful if we are to believe the video and archival evidence - of which there is none) but whatever helps you feel better I guess.
Yes that is exactly what I said.... Your point being?

Do you know what concrete evidence is?

Concrete evidence is a reporter getting direct quotes from people that worked for the organization in 1985, something no one has been able to discredit. The year Wang Chung released their song is not concrete evidence lol.

And I say this with all do respect I truly could care less what you choose to believe.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
This will be put to rest when Madeline Hanson herself gets back to a friend of mine. She was his wife's maid of honour at their wedding.

She was the vice president of marketing for the Jets during this era & Kirby's book states she met with Hennessey, Davis & Carney & was ultimately the one that approved the alleged 1985 Whiteout.

In addition she is cited as meeting with Ron Palson, the advertising executive at Palmer Jarvis Communications who has already told me the Whiteout was created out of he & Madeline's 1987 meeting.

The issue here is Ron wouldn't have been at the alleged 1985 meeting. With that said, he'd have certainly been aware of any prior Whiteout or promotion similar to the Whiteout. He is not.

The matter is settled in my mind, but to put the matter to rest, who was at both meetings & the decision maker for both?

Madeline Hanson. I'm told she is still recovering from a bout with cancer, but my friends wife will reach out to her & settle this debate once & for all.

Until there is more news from an actual source, I'm done with this as well.

Last edited:

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
This will be put to rest when Madeline Hanson herself gets back to a friend of mine. She was his wife's maid of honour at their wedding.

She was the vice president of marketing for the Jets during this era & Kirby's book states she met with Hennessey, Davis & Carney & was ultimately the one that approved the alleged 1985 Whiteout.

In addition she is cited as meeting with Ron Palson, the advertising executive at Palmer Jarvis Communications who has already told me the Whiteout was created out of he & Madeline's 1987 meeting.

The issue here is Ron wouldn't have been at the alleged 1985 meeting. With that said, he'd have certainly been aware of any prior Whiteout or promotion similar to the Whiteout. He is not.

The matter is settled in my mind, but to put the matter to rest, who was at both meetings & the decision maker for both?

Madeline Hanson. I'm told she is still recovering from a bout with cancer, but my friends wife will reach out to her & settle this debate once & for all.

Until there is more news from an actual source, I'm done with this as well.
Thank the Lord. Doesn’t seem like a burning topic for others

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad