Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Crazy to think that Jets management is content with an undersized D corps without a legit. top 4, no quality 2C and no proven backup netminder.....gonna be a long season!
Sip, you have to at least wait until our first loss of the season to complain.
Or at least after the first period of game one.
Or maybe even after our first pre-season loss if you’re feeling really snarky!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Start the tank thread, honed in on Hagens!
200.gif

'Cause I'm ready, willing and able
Yes, I'm ready, willing and able

:nod:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

if true, i had him around Pinto's 3.75Mx2 deal. but if Peretti's camp want 4M+, & the Jets are open to a long-term deal, what's 1-1.5m more to lock him down :dunno:. obviously not my money :laugh:, EH contract projections had him in the 5M range - 4M x 2 years, vs 5M long term, i know what what i want to do if i am the Jets. Ultimately depends on what is considered much higher AAV from Perfetti's POV.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Wonder if we see a top 6 of:

Perfetti-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Lambert-Ehlers

To start the pre-season.

If we were too slow against the Avs, try keeping up to that 2nd line.
And the top line loses its speed even more?
Also doubt Perfetti plays ahead of KC.

Edit: Realize you said to start pre season, I don't think they'd go with for when the games actually matter seem like Names is being talked up to start at 2c . But we'll have to see

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Wonder if we see a top 6 of:

Perfetti-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Lambert-Ehlers

To start the pre-season.

If we were too slow against the Avs, try keeping up to that 2nd line.
Based on Arniel's interview posted a while back, it seemed like CSV is a good bet to start the season

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The biggest question for me going into the 24-25 season is where is Lambert in his development. Sending him down to junior late in the 22-23 season now seems to be a stroke of genius by Chevy. By playing with peers he got to feel offense again and then that carried into the 23-24 season with the Moose where he was their top forward. My question is, is his development arc now pointing straight up where he can jump into the NHL and be an effective middle 6 center? Because if he can that changes a lot of the discussion of this team's potential.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The biggest question for me going into the 24-25 season is where is Lambert in his development. Sending him down to junior late in the 22-23 season now seems to be a stroke of genius by Chevy. By playing with peers he got to feel offense again and then that carried into the 23-24 season with the Moose where he was their top forward. My question is, is his development arc now pointing straight up where he can jump into the NHL and be an effective middle 6 center? Because if he can that changes a lot of the discussion of this team's potential.

They probably should give him a shot as it would give the team more information heading into next offseason when they are going to have to make a large number of roster decisions with all the expiring contracts we have.

Also I'm sick with going with the safe low upside choice. Take a risk for once.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They probably should give him a shot as it would give the team more information heading into next offseason when they are going to have to make a large number of roster decisions with all the expiring contracts we have.

Also I'm sick with going with the safe low upside choice. Take a risk for once.
Agreed. Lambert may turn out to be one of Chevy's biggest good fortune picks. Getting Rangers 1st round pick in the draft with them making the conference finals and then having a player once considered a likely top 5 pick drop down to 30, where you got him with that pick. For me give the kid an NHL job and lets see what he does with the opportunity. He has followed the organization's prospect plan of a year in the AHL so give him a shot.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agreed. Lambert may turn out to be one of Chevy's biggest good fortune picks. Getting Rangers 1st round pick in the draft with them making the conference finals and then having a player once considered a likely top 5 pick drop down to 30, where you got him with that pick. For me give the kid an NHL job and lets see what he does with the opportunity. He has followed the organization's prospect plan of a year in the AHL so give him a shot.
I think they'll work him in over the season -
Keeping in mind, the Jets are a team on a mission to make the PO's - that's the goal more so than launching careers.
Steady as she goes is Chevy's motto - and I don't expect that to change - but's it's fun to dream in the offseason.

What will be more interesting to me is how Perfetti is handled and how much rope he'll get.
Can he hold down a top 6 spot if he slips? If he does, this is a possible landing spot for Lambert - and there's also the possibility of an injury.
And a line of Ehlers / Names / Lambert would be interesting.
Not advocating for this - but it's worth mentions (IMO) with Lambert as an option.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Perfetti-Scheifele-Nino
Connor-Names-Ehlers
Rashevsky-Vilardi-Lambert
Barron-Lowy-Apples

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think they'll work him in over the season -
Keeping in mind, the Jets are a team on a mission to make the PO's - that's the goal more so than launching careers.
Steady as she goes is Chevy's motto - and I don't expect that to change - but's it's fun to dream in the offseason.

What will be more interesting to me is how Perfetti is handled and how much rope he'll get.
Can he hold down a top 6 spot if he slips? If he does, this is a possible landing spot for Lambert - and there's also the possibility of an injury.
And a line of Ehlers / Names / Lambert would be interesting.
Not advocating for this - but it's worth mentions (IMO) with Lambert as an option.
For me there are 2 roster positions being held down by Axel and Kupari that have no barring on our future. I am far from a prospect hawk, but this is the time to introduce your top prospect that has done everything the organization has asked for 2 years with a smile on his face and never a word of complaint. You give him opportunity and let him learn on the job. It is not like he is a raw prospect that hasn't been around professional leagues. IMO the Jets need to start getting a little more aggressive on this front if they hope to add enough talent to support the older core for any type of contention window.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
For me there are 2 roster positions being held down by Axel and Kupari that have no barring on our future. I am far from a prospect hawk, but this is the time to introduce your top prospect that has done everything the organization has asked for 2 years with a smile on his face and never a word of complaint. You give him opportunity and let him learn on the job. It is not like he is a raw prospect that hasn't been around professional leagues. IMO the Jets need to start getting a little more aggressive on this front if they hope to add enough talent to support the older core for any type of contention window.
There's no reason they can't land him on the 4th line - and that's likely his route in.
But to get the most from this player, they can't leave him there too long - that's more of what I was referring to (should have expanded a bit on that).

I'd suggest something similar to how KC was handled.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think someone asked him at the draft and he said they were talking to them.
There is nothing there. Like I posted the KHL starts up the 1st week of September and he just wrapped up camp with his KHL team. There is no news since a casual comment 2+ months ago. And talking to his agent is likely more to the effect of when he is able to sign a contract in the NHL.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There's no reason they can't land him on the 4th line - and that's likely his route in.
But to get the most from this player, they can't leave him there too long - that's more of what I was referring to (should have expanded a bit on that).

I'd suggest something similar to how KC was handled.
KC is a great example as both Lambert and KC were born in December so our old for their draft year. At the same age in his D +3 season Connor played 76 NHL games with 31 G 26 A 57 P.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad