Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yeah Perreault was probably a 3rd liner at best on a contender but he was still a valuable contributor for years in his prime
Interesting fact (not to throw cold water on the Chibs hype, per se)

Mason Appleton first year in the AHL (D+3):
76GP 22G 44A 66PT

Chib's and Perrault's first year in the AHL was also their D+3

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wouldn't say you are just easy to please, but at ~ 50,000 posts it is clear that the Jets mean more to you than to most on this board, and 99% of Winnipeggers. You are atypical.

As for entitlement, it is everywhere these days, but does not describe our fan base particularly well. More than others, we know we are not "entitled" to a team and could lose them again, just like we did the first time. A big chunk of our vulnerability is simply numbers and dollars--we are a small city with a modest economic base. None of that is TNSE's fault.

BUT. TNSE could have done much, much better. There is a sense of entitlement in the organization itself that has bred complacency and ingratitude. They know how much the Jets are valued and were spoiled rotten, literally, by a seeming insatiable demand the first number of years after the return.

Put simply, they needed to try harder to please and be more grateful to their customer base. ps241 and others who are in business will know exactly what I am saying. You have to treat every (decent) customer as the potential key to your future success. Or ultimately, you will fail.

Of course, putting out a winning lineup is a the most obvious way to increase fan engagement, but if the ST base ( and general fanbase) respect the organization, there is a lot more latitude to, eg, take chances with youth and make other strategic decisions with a degree of risk attached.

I have had a lot of contact with TNSE, as a STH and also professionally. I gave up my share of ST a few years ago because I have many other ways of seeing games live, but also because of the air of indifference emanating from the organization. There appear to be two clubs-- the young men's club (ie, the players) and the old boys club--if you are not in either club, you are invisible.

That started to change these past couple of years, inside and outside the dressing room, but they still have a lot of work to do and a lot of culture to change.

Thanks for sharing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
IMO, Chevy is talking youth at this point because that is what is available to him - his adds are gone, he lost a dman, and another was bought out based on contract / performance - so the holes are open. I don't see this as some grand plan that Chevy came up with - and there is no way of assuming it is long term - it looks more to me like a reaction to stuff that happened, . The Jets will probably continue to tinker to make the PO's and that may include more deadline deals that Chevy thinks will help.
I'd like to believe there is some sort of long term plan in play - but I don't buy it. This team will likely continue with the game plan that means making the PO's and if the youth can help in that, they will be a pce of the plan - if not, they will look elsewhere.
Probably correct about a lot of this, but I also think that the Jets have some good prospects that now have considerable AHL experience. They weren't reluctant to integrate Roslovic, Connor and Appleton after good AHL performances during their previous contender window. Heinola has a lot of AHL experience with good results. Lambert just completed a season that is at least as good as Roslovic's season before he had a decent run with the Jets, and that was on the stacked 2017/18 team.

So it would fit with previous approaches to consider using players like Heinola, Lambert and Chibrikov in the NHL line-up, at least for good chunks of the season. I think we might see a situation where the Jets integrate young players into the line-up in the first half, and then perhaps look at adding key pieces at the TDL if they feel they need more experience / impact. If McGroarty has a really strong season he might return a good roster player with some term at the TDL, which might be one of Chevy's considerations.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ok, I've seen your point often enough to know what you deem to be missteps.

In your view what do they need to do repair it. What actual services, perks, engagement that are realistic need to be done.

Personally I have been seat holder since day one and really don't care much about all the other stuff. I guess I'm easy to please cause all I care about is attending the games. Things like contests, food and beverage choices are all secondary to me and I just choose to buy or not buy. I've also never really had a need to engage with the reps for things. I'm satisfied with the food and merch discount.

On some level I think maybe some people feel entitled to far more then what is realistic.
First, I wasn't actually directing the latter part of the post at you, but cool you've noticed.

To be honest I find your comment regarding entitlement to be a little condescending. It's likely not meant that way intentionally but it's how I perceive it. It demeans the very real issues I and many other have faced when dealing with TNSE (guy with cancer asks to transfer his tickets to another member of the group and they ask for $1400 to do so? F$ck right off. Even Westjet didn't bat an eye or ask for proof). I'm pleased you've had no issues ever and I wish that had been my experience, but it's not and it's not for many others I know.

I too have been a STH from day one, Section 112 and tried to move my seats from the very first day in those P3 seats. It took me 7+ years and likely doesn't happen without my association with this board and the kindness of a board member that provided me his name, old and new seat locations that moved from P6 to better seats in P3 before me. Prior to providing that information to my ticket rep, they told me I was lying. After providing the names and seat locations I was moved to Section 103 within 2 days.

How can they repair it? I don't believe they can; not with STH they've lost. People are fine with getting cheaper tickets to the vast majority of games and not having to deal with the inconsistent treatment from TNSE.

Burning out the flippers was likely always expected and I have no issue with that. Burning out the folks that had/have the disposable income to afford STH in a declining economy is the opposite of sound business practices (you'll excuse me if I don't concern myself with budget issues).

What can they do moving forward? Value their customers. Don't undercut their STH:

1. don't sell seats next to a STH for LESS than the STH pays and provide the perk (?) of a beer and a hotdog that the STH doesn't get. You want to do that for your walk ups? Step up and offer it to the STH as well. Yeah, it doesn't happen every game but it happens at most of the non-A games (perhaps not on Friday or Saturday night - so ballpark 50% of the games). As for non-STH NOT getting into the game for less as a STH? That's complete bullshit. I pay $130 a seat for my seats and I've frequently sat beside people getting in for $85 plus the beer/hot dog. Yes, I have priority access to playoff tickets. What's that again, we qualify roughly every other year or slightly less? Big perk there. Thanks, but I'll take the $45 x 22 games = $990 in savings over the season.

2. Don't mandate me via the contract to sell my tickets on your official site for no less than I paid when you're selling the seats next to me for under STH pricing. Sometimes seats have to be moved (work travel, illness, etc.) and I can't list my tickets for what TNSE is. That's flat out horseshit. Yeah, I can sell on fansfirst or whatever, but TNSE reserves the right to revoke my STH license if they're in the mood to do so. Our group has listed tickets at our price, only to be undersold by TNSE at a lower price. We have your money, $%^& you STH is the message.

3. Make some actual effort to keep actual records of your STH requests for relocation.
The Bombers were able to do this in the era of rulers, graph paper and rotary dial telephones. I was at the point of requesting a relocation every 3 months due to ticket rep turnover and being told "we have nothing on file". When I re-emailed my request they'd apologize and do nothing. I'm not delusional, but I do want to feel like I matter and that my concerns that are reasonable are recorded and some effort is made. See above regarding my move from 112-103. There should be a file for each set of ST but I do not believe there is. When moving to half season this year for the first time since the Jets returned, my ST rep suggested I move to section 112 because section 103 was too good for half season. I've been a STH since 2011 and I don't carry any weight at all? Really? That's going to encourage me to re-up? Come on. I fought for seven years to get out of that section and you're telling me that 103 is high demand (it's not, trust me).

4. Be responsive to your clientele. I lost a guy from my group because he got tired of lining up at the box office to pick up his tickets because he was retired and didn't want a smartphone. Yeah, I know, but you know what? The Vancouver Canucks to this day still print tickets (at additional cost) for the clientele that want it. My brother in law was a partner in a law firm in Vancouver that gave tickets to clients for their business. He retired last year so I don't know if it's current for this year but up until 2023-24 it was a thing.
I worked in the restaurant industry a long time decades ago and those that I know that are still there (mods ask if you want names) have all dumped their tickets with the switch to electronic ticketing because it's too annoying (as in the customers don't want to give their emails to the restaurant because they then expect incoming spam marketing) and inconvenient to give valued customers and/or staff a reward. I can give you several chains in Winnipeg that dropped their STH packs because of this. The tickets were used to reward staff, frequent customers. That's cutting out a corporate partner essentially.
It's not that hard, find a way to print, watermark/protect those tickets in some way, charge more and you feed that clientele. I fully acknowledge that's the way of the future, but you know what? How many Millenials have that disposable income at this point? Face it, you burned Boomer/Gen X clientele and those are the actual people with the disposable income. Well played.

I've lost many more people in my group over the years because they've simply looked at the economics and realized that they can pay full price to see Edmonton or whoever they really want to see and then go to a number of other games for under STH price in similar seats and end up saving money versus being part of a STH group and paying the $130 for P3. The penalty for that economic decision is possibly/maybe paying more to see the playoffs that they're probably not attending anyway. Tough economic times and they're winning overall. TNSE taking the short view when they should be playing long is the simple explanation. I mean how do you grow up and succeed in Winnipeg and so severely misunderstand your market?

I don't care about free merch, etc. The discounts are better (it was pretty sad when the waitlist was getting the same discount as my $10K a year payment). Contests are utterly irrelevant (would you like the name of a guy I know that has been STH of the game twice). It's something of a strawman to contend that it's the lack of perks that keep people from being a STH - do you really think there are that many people that if they got a free jersey they'd drop several thousand dollars? I suppose that's actually probably true given how many people fall for the "points" scams that are offered by many grocery retailers.

TNSE overestimated its ability to piss people off and they are reaping the rewards of their behavior. As mentioned, to me it's literally the used car sleazy salesman market. Once they have your money the follow up is severely lacking. That's an ok model for people out there that you can burn the experience with; other car dealers exist, many with the same model of business so people get hooped. That's not the case with the Jets. Winnipeggers are inherently cheap and are by and large not stupid. Why would someone pay $130 for STH in P3 to see preseason games, Utah games in late January at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon when the team probably isn't in the mood (trust me, I've so many lacklustre efforts) when the alternative is to pick games you want and so long as it's not Friday/Saturday or a handful of teams they're ultimately paying less. Yeah, they might miss out on a playoff game but I've yet to see the Jets win a home game (luck of the draw) in the playoffs and have seen them eliminated three times. Whoo-whoo. I have lots of white towels though.

And no, I don't really want the Bud and hotdog. That will come back on me.

Provide value and people will come to you. Screw them and they walk away. I think there have been a few movies over the years espousing similar principles. Chipman and crew didn't learn that lesson. Yet.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
First, I wasn't actually directing the latter part of the post at you, but cool you've noticed.

To be honest I find your comment regarding entitlement to be a little condescending. It's likely not meant that way intentionally but it's how I perceive it. It demeans the very real issues I and many other have faced when dealing with TNSE (guy with cancer asks to transfer his tickets to another member of the group and they ask for $1400 to do so? F$ck right off. Even Westjet didn't bat an eye or ask for proof). I'm pleased you've had no issues ever and I wish that had been my experience, but it's not and it's not for many others I know.

I too have been a STH from day one, Section 112 and tried to move my seats from the very first day in those P3 seats. It took me 7+ years and likely doesn't happen without my association with this board and the kindness of a board member that provided me his name, old and new seat locations that moved from P6 to better seats in P3 before me. Prior to providing that information to my ticket rep, they told me I was lying. After providing the names and seat locations I was moved to Section 103 within 2 days.

How can they repair it? I don't believe they can; not with STH they've lost. People are fine with getting cheaper tickets to the vast majority of games and not having to deal with the inconsistent treatment from TNSE.

Burning out the flippers was likely always expected and I have no issue with that. Burning out the folks that had/have the disposable income to afford STH in a declining economy is the opposite of sound business practices (you'll excuse me if I don't concern myself with budget issues).

What can they do moving forward? Value their customers. Don't undercut their STH:

1. don't sell seats next to a STH for LESS than the STH pays and provide the perk (?) of a beer and a hotdog that the STH doesn't get. You want to do that for your walk ups? Step up and offer it to the STH as well. Yeah, it doesn't happen every game but it happens at most of the non-A games (perhaps not on Friday or Saturday night - so ballpark 50% of the games). As for non-STH NOT getting into the game for less as a STH? That's complete bullshit. I pay $130 a seat for my seats and I've frequently sat beside people getting in for $85 plus the beer/hot dog. Yes, I have priority access to playoff tickets. What's that again, we qualify roughly every other year or slightly less? Big perk there. Thanks, but I'll take the $45 x 22 games = $990 in savings over the season.

2. Don't mandate me via the contract to sell my tickets on your official site for no less than I paid when you're selling the seats next to me for under STH pricing. Sometimes seats have to be moved (work travel, illness, etc.) and I can't list my tickets for what TNSE is. That's flat out horseshit. Yeah, I can sell on fansfirst or whatever, but TNSE reserves the right to revoke my STH license if they're in the mood to do so. Our group has listed tickets at our price, only to be undersold by TNSE at a lower price. We have your money, $%^& you STH is the message.

3. Make some actual effort to keep actual records of your STH requests for relocation.
The Bombers were able to do this in the era of rulers, graph paper and rotary dial telephones. I was at the point of requesting a relocation every 3 months due to ticket rep turnover and being told "we have nothing on file". When I re-emailed my request they'd apologize and do nothing. I'm not delusional, but I do want to feel like I matter and that my concerns that are reasonable are recorded and some effort is made. See above regarding my move from 112-103. There should be a file for each set of ST but I do not believe there is. When moving to half season this year for the first time since the Jets returned, my ST rep suggested I move to section 112 because section 103 was too good for half season. I've been a STH since 2011 and I don't carry any weight at all? Really? That's going to encourage me to re-up? Come on. I fought for seven years to get out of that section and you're telling me that 103 is high demand (it's not, trust me).

4. Be responsive to your clientele. I lost a guy from my group because he got tired of lining up at the box office to pick up his tickets because he was retired and didn't want a smartphone. Yeah, I know, but you know what? The Vancouver Canucks to this day still print tickets (at additional cost) for the clientele that want it. My brother in law was a partner in a law firm in Vancouver that gave tickets to clients for their business. He retired last year so I don't know if it's current for this year but up until 2023-24 it was a thing.
I worked in the restaurant industry a long time decades ago and those that I know that are still there (mods ask if you want names) have all dumped their tickets with the switch to electronic ticketing because it's too annoying (as in the customers don't want to give their emails to the restaurant because they then expect incoming spam marketing) and inconvenient to give valued customers and/or staff a reward. I can give you several chains in Winnipeg that dropped their STH packs because of this. The tickets were used to reward staff, frequent customers. That's cutting out a corporate partner essentially.
It's not that hard, find a way to print, watermark/protect those tickets in some way, charge more and you feed that clientele. I fully acknowledge that's the way of the future, but you know what? How many Millenials have that disposable income at this point? Face it, you burned Boomer/Gen X clientele and those are the actual people with the disposable income. Well played.

I've lost many more people in my group over the years because they've simply looked at the economics and realized that they can pay full price to see Edmonton or whoever they really want to see and then go to a number of other games for under STH price in similar seats and end up saving money versus being part of a STH group and paying the $130 for P3. The penalty for that economic decision is possibly/maybe paying more to see the playoffs that they're probably not attending anyway. Tough economic times and they're winning overall. TNSE taking the short view when they should be playing long is the simple explanation. I mean how do you grow up and succeed in Winnipeg and so severely misunderstand your market?

I don't care about free merch, etc. The discounts are better (it was pretty sad when the waitlist was getting the same discount as my $10K a year payment). Contests are utterly irrelevant (would you like the name of a guy I know that has been STH of the game twice). It's something of a strawman to contend that it's the lack of perks that keep people from being a STH - do you really think there are that many people that if they got a free jersey they'd drop several thousand dollars? I suppose that's actually probably true given how many people fall for the "points" scams that are offered by many grocery retailers.

TNSE overestimated its ability to piss people off and they are reaping the rewards of their behavior. As mentioned, to me it's literally the used car sleazy salesman market. Once they have your money the follow up is severely lacking. That's an ok model for people out there that you can burn the experience with; other car dealers exist, many with the same model of business so people get hooped. That's not the case with the Jets. Winnipeggers are inherently cheap and are by and large not stupid. Why would someone pay $130 for STH in P3 to see preseason games, Utah games in late January at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon when the team probably isn't in the mood (trust me, I've so many lacklustre efforts) when the alternative is to pick games you want and so long as it's not Friday/Saturday or a handful of teams they're ultimately paying less. Yeah, they might miss out on a playoff game but I've yet to see the Jets win a home game (luck of the draw) in the playoffs and have seen them eliminated three times. Whoo-whoo. I have lots of white towels though.

Provide value and people will come to you. Screw them and they walk away. I think there have been a few movies over the years espousing similar principles. Chipman and crew didn't learn that lesson. Yet.
What does this have to do with Jonathon Kovacevic?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I guess I chose my words incorrectly. Didn't mean to offend anyone who have had real issues.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, you raise a lot of good points and offer some useful suggestions.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think we might see a situation where the Jets integrate young players into the line-up in the first half, and then perhaps look at adding key pieces at the TDL if they feel they need more experience / impact.
Yes - and this approach looks very similar to what happened with 91 LY -
But is this really a plan that allows youth time in position (through thick and thin)?

My comments were aimed at Chevy and his so called youth movement - and how some are running with that narrative. Sounds more like they intend to give a few prospects a shot but when things tighten up in the back stretch, don't be surprised if we revert back to vet deadline deals to fill their spots.

Reactions: Bigfish

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Owning a large customer facing business is pretty much the most humbling thing you can do. I have made more mistakes in my businesses than TNSE has made I’m sure. We wake up every day trying get better but it’s tough.

With that out of the way what I wouldn’t give for this email if I owned the Jets and was trying to figure out reasons why we are leaking oil in regard to season ticket holder attrition.

I have to take the kids zip lining today but I have a few thoughts on this great post buggs. I’ll try to circle back.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We'll cancel each other out then. I don't want to spend $10k to watch them get blown out each night.

I can appreciate the preseason game gripe. I don't agree with the anger over seats sold around for less. It was a promotion to get people in the building because those seats weren't moving otherwise. Your benefit is getting to every game for less and cheaper playoff tickets. Those deals weren't available for every game or every opponent either.

To each their own.

Access to PO tickets doesn't appeal to me. I will never spend that much for 1 night's entertainment. Just can't make myself do it.

I certainly wouldn't spend $10k either. I was in a ticket group for a lot less than that.

If they are going to keep offering promo deals, I will buy some of them instead of ST. But not having committed to x number of dates before the season began leads to going to fewer games. I am disincentivized to buy ST. I think there were deals for most games.

I understand the marketing need for the deals but it is a 2 edged sword. Discounts devalue your product. Once you start doing it, it becomes very hard to stop unless you can sell out without them.

I can watch a struggling team if they are moving towards getting better. It is no worse than watching a team that makes the PO most years and gets blown out in the 1st rd. If they are getting blown out most nights and not progressing that is another matter.

The PO blowout demonstrated that the 4th OA finish last regular season was an aberration. My guesstimate is that they were more like 12th best in the league. Being content with that and simply making the PO most years doesn't sell to me. I can only speak for myself but there must be others who feel the same way.

I want to see an org that is fighting, kicking, biting and scratching to win the Cup. They don't need to ever actually attain that goal but they do need to be striving for it, always. As long as they are doing that I will buy tickets to watch.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting fact (not to throw cold water on the Chibs hype, per se)

Mason Appleton first year in the AHL (D+3):
76GP 22G 44A 66PT

Chib's and Perrault's first year in the AHL was also their D+3
Appleton was an overager when he was drafted. He was born Jan 15, 1996, so he would've been eligible in the 2014 draft. The Jets picked him in the 2015 draft. So that makes his D+1 year in the USHL with Tri-City, D+2 and D+3 at Michigan State, and D+4 with the Moose.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I see Chibs more as a "rich man's Tanev" than a "poor man's Connor"

Maybe he'll end up as "a Russian man's Matty Pearrault". Smaller size, high energy, throws his body, has some finish/skill. Similar stats in their first year in the AHL

Perrault: 77GP 11G 39A 50PT
Chibrikov: 70GP 17G 30A 47PT

Actually, I like the Perreault comparison better than Tanev. Not necessarily as a match right now, but as something to hope for.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Actually, I like the Perreault comparison better than Tanev. Not necessarily as a match right now, but as something to hope for.
Same here I think that's a great comparison. A cost cotrolled guy who can play on any line - complimentary top six placeholder, and be an impact bottom six player is a great piece to have.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yes - and this approach looks very similar to what happened with 91 LY -
But is this really a plan that allows youth time in position (through thick and thin)?

My comments were aimed at Chevy and his so called youth movement - and how some are running with that narrative. Sounds more like they intend to give a few prospects a shot but when things tighten up in the back stretch, don't be surprised if we revert back to vet deadline deals to fill their spots.
He mentioned Stanley, who is not a young player anymore by NHL standards, probably mid career for the average. Heinola makes the team, still have to see how he gets used. I don't think there is a direction from management to play certain players. Arniel might be able to coach young players better than Bowness, but we'll see how much rope they get. I think the name of the game is make your impression in TC, make it hard to be cut or demoted. And then help the team accumulate points, early the season. If you get sent down you fight to be the next man up, when opportunity knocks.

This season has a different feel to it...there may be some confidence left over from last year's run, with some chemistry built, and an opportunity for young players to contribute. Like Johnson in Dallas or Faber in Minnesota are doing, two picks where the Jets at this point missed out on the better player in their draft spot. Lambert seems like that guy who could move the needle. I think he and Heinola are the best chances at success.

But this team has proven to be fragile when things go wrong, and you wonder if the youth push doesn't become a showcase if this isn't the Jets year, and all those UFAs get moved.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers will be making an early return to competitive hockey this year as he suits up for Denmark in Olympic qualifying later this month.

Jets head coach Scott Arniel confirmed to the Winnipeg Sun that Ehlers will play as Denmark hosts the Group F qualifying tournament as they take on Great Britain, Japan and Norway. The winner of the group will clinch their spot in the 2026 Olympics in Italy.

“Playing in these qualifiers, I know it’s going to be a big boost in getting him started, getting off and running and getting off to a good start in October,” Arniel added.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers will be making an early return to competitive hockey this year as he suits up for Denmark in Olympic qualifying later this month.

Jets head coach Scott Arniel confirmed to the Winnipeg Sun that Ehlers will play as Denmark hosts the Group F qualifying tournament as they take on Great Britain, Japan and Norway. The winner of the group will clinch their spot in the 2026 Olympics in Italy.

“Playing in these qualifiers, I know it’s going to be a big boost in getting him started, getting off and running and getting off to a good start in October,” Arniel added.
Spoken like a man who knows he isn't getting traded.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So it sounds like Perfetti will be a winger for the foreseeable future. Interesting comment about looking at young guys in camp. Names looks like the front runner for the #2 center, but maybe they give Lambert a look? Ended with some encouraging talk about revamping the PP and PK with the new coaching staff.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So it sounds like Perfetti will be a winger for the foreseeable future. Interesting comment about looking at young guys in camp. Names looks like the front runner for the #2 center, but maybe they give Lambert a look? Ended with some encouraging talk about revamping the PP and PK with the new coaching staff.

There an interview somewhere?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wonder if they are waiting until close to camp to announce some long term deals to Cole and Fly to drum up interest like they did last year with Mark and Helle.
This makes sense for Ehlers since he is still under contract for this season. Less so for Perfetti as he is unlikely to be in camp without a contract. You'd think they would want that done with a little room to spare before camp.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This makes sense for Ehlers since he is still under contract for this season. Less so for Perfetti as he is unlikely to be in camp without a contract. You'd think they would want that done with a little room to spare before camp.

Sorry, I meant in the run up to camp. Clearly Cole isn't attending camp without a contract.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sorry, I meant in the run up to camp. Clearly Cole isn't attending camp without a contract.
It would be nice to get that taken care of now. Camp is only a month away. We haven't heard much since reports that Perfetti was open to a longer term deal. The organization is sitting on around enough cap space to make that a possibility.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad