Player Discussion: Winnipeg Jets Defense

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He didn't get a ton of ice time over the last couple of yrs - and has had a couple of significant injuries that were part of that.
I look forward to seeing him settle into a 3rd pair role and continue to improve - I'm less concerned about the "prospects" he has blocked.
We're talking about 3rd pair talent here - Stan against the rest of them that are all borderline. The potential payoff on a big Dman is worth it IMO - and the fact that what has been so called "blocked" isn't worth the debate.

Our board spends an inordinate amount of time and energy debating 7, 8, 9 D men. I have dabbled in the debate at times. Logan Stanley will be 27 in May and he he played 19 and 24 games the last two seasons as a meh #7 D man. Losing Schmidt and Dillion opened the door Stan and Ville to compete for the #6 spot but both of their health situations are getting in the way. We’ll see how it all plays out I guess.

My belief is that Logan’s ceiling remains the same which is a functional bottom pairing D man, his floor is a #7 somewhere in the league as long as he stays 6’7”. He will probably remain with the Jets to provide depth toughness playing sheltered bottom pairing minutes. Dillon was ideal for that role (better at hockey and tougher) but was getting older and wanted to move on eventually.

Last edited:

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I agree with you about Miller. I also thought that both had problems with breakout passes. However, it's early and they perhaps need a little more time to familiarize themselves with each other and their new teammates. (I still consider Miller as a newbie.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad