Jets Top Prospect #20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds like consensus to me. :naughty:

Seriously, my record is that of a clear backer of Heinola over the years. I have always felt if given a run of 20-30 games, he'd never look back and be a solid second pairing guy. [interesting that he's never had a run of more than three games in the team, except for one run of 5 that was interrupted by a Christmas break.]

Having said that, I really think the 5 I have above him have big upside and no one around the league is giving you a top 125 prospect for Ville Heinola. He's a bit stale as a prospect.

He didn't look stale in TC. But that is TC.

The problem right now is finding room for him when he comes back. He may need to wait for an injury, like so many others have had to do. All 6 of our starting Dmen are playing well to very well right now. Even Smitty is looking good after a slow start and a few healthy scratches.

I expect Ville to start with the Moose when he returns from injury, for conditioning if nothing else. But after that how does he move up any higher than the PB? He is still waiver exempt and it is better that he play rather than sit so he probably stays in the AHL until there is another injury in the top 6.

It is unfortunate for him that he was injured when he was. He appeared to have won the #6 D spot in TC but things have changed.

Edit: None of the above knocks him down on the prospect list IMO. I would still place him second, behind McG.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad