OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Removing Collaros from the game looked more precautionary than anything, so it's not the least bit surprising to see him back.

As opposed to Bighill, who is one of the toughest hombres in the game, writhing in pain on the field... you knew he'd be out for a long time when you saw that happen.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
O'Shea will never ever do it, but I like the Bryant-Dobson-Kolankowski-Randolph-Lofton line alot better than the Bryant-Dobson-Kolankowski-Neufeld-Lofton line, regardless of Neufeld's health.

Tbh, if they are insisting on playing Neufeld, I'd rather Randolph play over Lofton at RT.

Unfortunately neither will happen. We'll get the same starting line as we had to start the year, and don't be surprised if they drop Randolph from the roster altogether and only dress 6 OL. O'Shea doesn't like to use Americans as backups unless they have a big role elsewhere such as ST.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Might be a career for Biggie in the Blue & Gold
His contract runs through next year with the home Grey Cup. I expect many players like Bighill, Bryant, Alexander, Collaros, Neufeld, Thomas along with arguably Willie, Kyrie Wilson, Gauthier, Castillo to be trying to hold on until then. Bombers may be looking to move off some of those guys regardless in the off-season (thinking Alexander and Neufeld in particular), but based on how they've set up their contracts (I'm fairly certain Bighill, Collaros, and Willie at least are already signed to deals expiring after the 25 season) I think the plan is to try to get this core through 2025. Despite the slow start they've started to turn it around now which maybe be enough for them to try to run it back one more time in 2025, hopefully without the injuries.

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
O'Shea will never ever do it, but I like the Bryant-Dobson-Kolankowski-Randolph-Lofton line alot better than the Bryant-Dobson-Kolankowski-Neufeld-Lofton line, regardless of Neufeld's health.

Tbh, if they are insisting on playing Neufeld, I'd rather Randolph play over Lofton at RT.

Unfortunately neither will happen. We'll get the same starting line as we had to start the year, and don't be surprised if they drop Randolph from the roster altogether and only dress 6 OL. O'Shea doesn't like to use Americans as backups unless they have a big role elsewhere such as ST.
Just really hope he has the sense to sit Neufeld... he was clearly a problem since day one

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Is Randolph an Import? Because that is the only reason I see them putting Neufeld in but I totally agree with you guys on this one

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Is Randolph an Import? Because that is the only reason I see them putting Neufeld in but I totally agree with you guys on this one
Randolph is American, as was the guy they used as the 6th OL last game in Micah Vanterpool (who will almost assuredly be removed from roster as he'd be OL #8 as an American).

But the Bombers have plenty of room to roster and start additional Americans considering they started 3 Americans along the OL several times this year with Randolph in a RG and they will be making a starting swap of Bighill out for Gauthier in on Sunday as well and any replacement in the LB corps will most likely be Canadian and/or Global.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So what now, tit-for-tat frontier justice? Target Trevor Harris’ head on each and every play knowing that the consequence is just a fine?

To be clear, I don’t advocate that whatsoever. But useless Randy Ambrosie clearly doesn’t care about player safety, so why should the Bombers?
Exactly, lets face it, in football the QB is far and away the most important position, you don't have a decent QB you aren't winning anything.So maybe the league should start realizing we need to protect them, a fine isn't going to do shit.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bighill listed OUT on final injury report.

LT Stanley Bryant and WR Lucky Whitehead listed as doubtful.

FB/RB Michael Chris-Ike, RG Pat Neufeld, and LB Brian Cole all listed as questionable.

Collaros not on injury report so he should be good to go.

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bighill listed OUT on final injury report.

LT Stanley Bryant and WR Lucky Whitehead listed as doubtful.

FB/RB Michael Chris-Ike, RG Pat Neufeld, and LB Brian Cole all listed as questionable.

Collaros not on injury report so he should be good to go.
Really wanted Cole to seize a starting role this year... bummer

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Really wanted Cole to seize a starting role this year... bummer
Idk I've never really been high on Cole. I think Tony Jones has come in and been everything we had hoped Cole would be. With Bighill out for the foreseeable future though, we could really use Cole, particularly if it keeps Gauthier off the D.

If Cole is finally healthy it wouldn't surprise me to see Cole at Will, Jones at Mike, Kramdhi at Sam. More likely though Bombers would go with Jones at Will, Gauthier at Mike, with Cole backing up Kramdhi at Sam.

Bombers sub in and out ALOT along DL and in LB corps, so I never really freak out about who is listed as starter, who is backup. They move guys and packages around quite a bit.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Idk I've never really been high on Cole. I think Tony Jones has come in and been everything we had hoped Cole would be. With Bighill out for the foreseeable future though, we could really use Cole, particularly if it keeps Gauthier off the D.

If Cole is finally healthy it wouldn't surprise me to see Cole at Will, Jones at Mike, Kramdhi at Sam. More likely though Bombers would go with Jones at Will, Gauthier at Mike, with Cole backing up Kramdhi at Sam.

Bombers sub in and out ALOT along DL and in LB corps, so I never really freak out about who is listed as starter, who is backup. They move guys and packages around quite a bit.
I just mean in terms of his injuries...

Tony Jones is so underrated on this D...

Watched the replay... younger did go full Richie hall in the second half. . Every team must just laugh when they see us call cover 0 late

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad