OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rourke looking rusty as expected. Dave Naylor reportedly in shambles until someone reminded him his BFF Chad Kelly is back to slobber on.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rourke looking rusty as expected. Dave Naylor reportedly in shambles until someone reminded him his BFF Chad Kelly is back to slobber on.
I'm as big a Rourke fanboy as you'll find west of BC. But playing him on 3 days practice, where his top targets only had 1 practice with him...just not smart. Not setting him up for success. But they probably needed to agree to him playing right away because Rourke made it a condition of signing (my opinion only here)

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm as big a Rourke fanboy as you'll find west of BC. But playing him on 3 days practice, where his top targets only had 1 practice with him...just not smart. Not setting him up for success. But they probably needed to agree to him playing right away because Rourke made it a condition of signing (my opinion only here)
Not only that, but with Adams out i'm not sure the third string option would be better than Rourke with all the above in mind anyway.

None

Feb 22, 2012
What a horrible spot. Lawler was half a yard past the first down mark.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Both of these teams have looked like the drizzling shits after each of their first drives.

Bombers o-line get beat by a stiff breeze and Nathan Rourke is unsurprisingly rusty after being kinda thrown into the deep end

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not only that, but with Adams out i'm not sure the third string option would be better than Rourke with all the above in mind anyway.
They released Dolegala immediately, probably needed to save every penny (and they'll almost assuredly be over the cap already). On the roster this week is only Rourke, Chase Brice (whos not thrown a CFL pass I believe) and the injured Vernon Adams who's not even dressed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They released Dolegala immediately, probably needed to save every penny (and they'll almost assuredly be over the cap already). On the roster this week is only Rourke, Chase Brice (whos not thrown a CFL pass I believe) and the injured Vernon Adams who's not even dressed.
Dolegala also sucks, to be fair.

That's also a hell of a throw by Collaros. That ball is picked off if it's put anywhere but where he put it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rourke is trying to throw passes with touch that he obviously doesn't have yet.

Lots of balls he's trying to float and he either misses high or throws it too far inside.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tyrell Ford is a beast. Hope the Bombers pay that guy, an elite CB that has a Canadian passport. I'd rather look for another Schoen or Ontaria Wilson in the WR corps rather than lose Ford.
100% agreed.

elite import WR might be the easiest thing to find in this league and appear to grow on trees. Makes sense given how many guys play the position and the sheer amount of them that never get a look from the NFL.

Ford is a unicorn type player. Elite at a hard to find position plus being a Canadian.

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad