OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (6-6) - 1st in the West after 0-4 start. We never quit. - Next SOLD OUT BANJO BOWL vs Sask Sept 7 200pm

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm skeptical that whitehead makes a huge impact... Lawler would be good but there's still an issue of relying on passing too much over running... all your collaros analysis is why

I'm not sold on the D - there are flashes but we haven't shut down teams yet imo... last game our DL push looked a lot better n plays without Thomas ...

OL needs something - lets hope Eli is healthy and ready because i dont see a ton of other options - looks like we are stuck with lofton for the season
Hard to believe there wasn’t an American tackle out there that could provide anything more than Lofton has.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
The Bombers problems like pretty much every team that has issues start and end at the line of scrimmage. O-line has been middling to bad at pass blocking and the D-Line not much better. These are the basics of the game...success directly stems from the amount of time the QB has to make plays and the Bombers have been not good on either side of the equation. Add in some questionable calls on defense ( Rush everyone in the 4th quarter against SK when you need a stop? Better to rush 3 or 4 and cover) and offense and you see exactly why the bombers are where they are right now. Not a fan of our new Defensive coach. Seems like he thinks he's coaching a much better defense.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If the offense wasn't the worst in the league, no one would be complaining about the average defense (which is actually tied for 3rd in points allowed per game).
Liked and quoted for emphasis on this point. I actually think the D might be ranked even better if the O wasn't so putrid and losing TOP every game except the Streveler start.

Bombers problems are pretty much all on the offensive side of the ball right now (minor shoutout to return game as well).

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Liked and quoted for emphasis on this point. I actually think the D might be ranked even better if the O wasn't so putrid and losing TOP every game except the Streveler start.

Bombers problems are pretty much all on the offensive side of the ball right now (minor shoutout to return game as well).
So we add Aaron Grimes...? Is this like one of those Matt Hendricks locker room signings?

• Haha
Reactions: blueandgoldguy

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So we add Aaron Grimes...? Is this like one of those Matt Hendricks locker room signings?
Saw that. No idea. Maybe internally the Bombers have more concerns about Kramdi and Holm than I think.

I do think with recent signees they feel there's a lack of veteran depth with Whitehead and Grymes being added for depth. Guys that have been around the block for sure and should add some leadership.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
It might as well be. The guy hasn't played for 2 years due to injuries. Esk fans on the Oilers board were complaining about him for years before that, so the guy was at best a mediocre player before 2021.

Lame signing. Practice roster should be for up and coming players that have the potential to become starters in future years, not garbage has-beens like Grimey.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It might as well be. The guy hasn't played for 2 years due to injuries. Esk fans on the Oilers board were complaining about him for years before that, so the guy was at best a mediocre player before 2021.

Lame signing. Practice roster should be for up and coming players that have the potential to become starters in future years, not garbage has-beens like Grimey.
If it's a way to circumvent the coaching cap - I'm all for it... Osh might be stubborn but he's a smart guy

If Grymes is here to help Jones, Kramdi, Ayers then it's a nice move

More concerned about five receivers on the PR and no DL... no new OT really... and no backup plan for our 3 QB...

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Blue Bombers Talk

- One word to describe the loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders
- What encouraged you from the last game
- Was the Bighill hit dirty
- What’s the main concern with the Bombers with a 3rd of the season done
- What do the Bombers have to do to beat the Toronto Argos?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Apparently Rasheed Bailey was released by Toronto, per Jeff Hamilton.

He was productive there; I wonder what happened.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
What the hell? He's been good this year. If this is true, he got himself into trouble off the field, IMO. I might be wrong but I think I remember him getting into something at a club downtown when he was a Bomber.
was that part of the Chris Matthews fiasco? I remember him being a great dude during his time here, I’d gladly take him back if there’s no off-the-field issues

Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
was that part of the Chris Matthews fiasco? I remember him being a great dude during his time here, I’d gladly take him back if there’s no off-the-field issues
I always thought of Bailey as a pretty stand up guy. I think I might have been thinking of Matthews instead.

Still though, it doesn't make alot of sense to release Bailey right now for the Argos unless theres an off field reason. I'm not seeing anything else saying this, so I guess we'll find out in the morning if this is even true.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Bombers definitely aren't a Juggernaut but when you have the best running back in the league and the best running QB in the league and you pass the ball more than run the coaching staff have to give their heads a shake.Run the ball more and keep possession and sprinkle the passing game in, our O line would be much better off this way.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1722000080982.png

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

LBs Kyrie Wilson and Brian Cole along with FB Bailey Feltmate all moved to 6 game IR.

Recently signed LB Tony Jones will start at WLB. Tyrique McGhee, who was considered the front runner at boundary corner in camp, has been brought onto the roster as backup SLB in what will be his season debut. Marquise Bridges returns to roster as backup HB after starting 1 game and appearing a couple so far this year. And 2023 7th/8th Round pick LB Max Charbonneau returns to the roster as a depth ST piece.

Bombers have literally 6 offensive backups. 2 of which are QBs, 2 OL. Razor thin on offense.

Bustamente beat me to it as always haha

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sure sounds like Bailey was released and if it's not off feild relative them Walters should be on the phone getting him back here. He may not of caught the most balls per game when he was here but he did everthing that was asked of him on O.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sure sounds like Bailey was released and if it's not off feild relative them Walters should be on the phone getting him back here. He may not of caught the most balls per game when he was here but he did everthing that was asked of him on O.
Agreed. I'd be shocked if Bailey isn't signed by Sunday if he was just straight up released by Argos and he isn't in legal trouble.

Reactions: bustamente

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sounding like Bailey's release is legit. Argos lost some Canadian talent to injury and needed to flip the ratio back to 2 CDN WRs. They wanted to go with the rookie in Polk as one of their 3 American WRs. So one of the veterans in DaVaris Daniels, Rasheed, Bailey, and Damonte Coxie needed to go. They decided on Bailey and PR assignment was refused.

Very odd, but I expect Bailey will be joining the Bombers on their flight home from Toronto tmw :biglaugh:

This is probably worst case scenario for Lucky Whitehead. Bailey is a guy that should be able to be a plug and play for the Bombers, so the squeeze will be on to even ever find room to get Lucky on the active roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad