OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Huge part of the problem is that he’s trying to do too much. His INT was a perfect example, trying to thread a low percentage throw when he should just toss it out of bounds and take the points.

I agree with Holden, he’s probably the best Bomber QB I’ve watched in my lifetime, but just not getting it done this year. 2-8 TD-INT ratio, passer rating below 80… that’s horrid no matter what your supporting cast looks like.
I think we need more out of collaros but people are also putting way too much on him as well, and the poster that wished he would get injured is both stupid and completely wrong with how our season would end up going with out him

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
zach does have a history of concussions, wonder if it starting to catch up with him making reads and his downfield vision

having a hard time figuring out how this post makes sense at all...

me: losing schoen lawler and having a bad oline is a massive problem

you: he had problems getting receivers the ball tonight!!!!

like no shit?
how many times was he sacked?

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
so you think that only sacks matter in terms of oline play?

he wasn't sacked alot so therefore the oline played good!!
maybe the oline wasnt a factor as u would like to insinuate, yes they r not the best out there but maybe zach not being able to make reads as quickly as he should or make reads at all is a factor...int was not on the oline

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
maybe the oline wasnt a factor as u would like to insinuate, yes they r not the best out there but maybe zach not being able to make reads as quickly as he should or make reads at all is a factor...int was not on the oline
huh? because they only had 1 sack means they were fine? you know that pressures can be as good as a sack right? add in the bad holds that took plays away as well, there is far more that goes into good oline play then just how many sacks they give up...

our oline sucks, they were less worse then they have been this season but they were still bad..

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
huh? because they only had 1 sack means they were fine? you know that pressures can be as good as a sack right? add in the bad holds that took plays away as well, there is far more that goes into good oline play then just how many sacks they give up...

our oline sucks, they were less worse then they have been this season but they were still bad..
still...the int was not the o line...

Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Horrible reffing , just awful, the Bombers aren't good enough to win alot of games when they aren't on a level playing field. The Bombers bring back Streveler for his running ability and pay Olive big bucks and aren't using them near enough. I say run the ball way more because our O line is better at run blocking than pass blocking.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This team has problems on offence and defence but the number 1 problem is Collaros who looks done.
Play Strev *a lot* more, would be an obvious start to helping out Collaros.

order of the issues with the team:
o-line
d-line
receivers
linebackers
Stubborn coaching policy right after the d-line

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
With or without Lawler and Schoen Collaros looks like a guy who is done. Poor reads bad decisions and just looks uncomfortable in the pocket. Now sure the O line is the weakest one we have had in ages and Buck should see this and adjust but last night along with other night this and last Collaros makes rookies mistakes that costs this team.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Horrible reffing , just awful, the Bombers aren't good enough to win alot of games when they aren't on a level playing field. The Bombers bring back Streveler for his running ability and pay Olive big bucks and aren't using them near enough. I say run the ball way more because our O line is better at run blocking than pass blocking.
Is Andre Proulx the only head official the Mickey Duck CFL has? Seriously has he officiated every Bomber game this season? He is either being paid off by the league to ensure the Bombers lose, is incredibly biased or brain dead.
l didn't watch the game and don't need to see the highlights as the comments here tell me everything I need to know but unless Streveler gets 50 QB sneak TD's and Castillo kicks 600 FG's this team is not winning 6 games this season.

Too many areas of the team i.e. all of them are too weak to absorb all the injuries, poor play and the passing of time to be any kind of contender this season.

And it seems that now instead of previous seasons where we only had to complain about the passive D our DC had our team playing the entire coaching staff is questionable this season.

Can we bring Rick Bowness in to rescue the season?

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022

like no shit

like no shit?
The Lions started this season with Hollins and McInnis injured and an online that is marginally better than the Bombers. What did they do? Win.

Reactions: rkp

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Lions started this season with Hollins and McInnis injured and an online that is marginally better than the Bombers. What did they do? Win.
that's very weird how both hollins and mcinnis have played every game then, must have been an incredible performance

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Is Andre Proulx the only head official the Mickey Duck CFL has? Seriously has he officiated every Bomber game this season? He is either being paid off by the league to ensure the Bombers lose, is incredibly biased or brain dead.
l didn't watch the game and don't need to see the highlights as the comments here tell me everything I need to know but unless Streveler gets 50 QB sneak TD's and Castillo kicks 600 FG's this team is not winning 6 games this season.

Too many areas of the team i.e. all of them are too weak to absorb all the injuries, poor play and the passing of time to be any kind of contender this season.

And it seems that now instead of previous seasons where we only had to complain about the passive D our DC had our team playing the entire coaching staff is questionable this season.

Can we bring Rick Bowness in to rescue the season?
the problem is proulx doesnt make the calls, he just announces the calls his team reports to him

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Cant the command center call in and reverse or indicate a penalty should have been made on a play? Isn t that what occurred during a game previously(not Wpg) or earlier in the season, not able to remember the game it happened.

Reactions: FonRiesen

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
WTF is SK doing calling a passing play instead of taking a knee?

Happens all the time in NFL. 5 seconds were left so a knee wouldn't kill the clock. The play is to roll out and throw the ball deep out of bounds. Didn't do it quick enough and Bighill did a dirty play

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
order of the issues with the team:
o-line
d-line
receivers
linebackers
In my opinion, yes the O-line is a concern starting with the current C (Kolankowski). Also Lofton is not playing well. The other guys are adequate.
D-line, yes as well but it starts in the middle (Thomas getting way too many reps)
Linebackers, yes too starting with Bighill (too slow, painfully slow and can't seem to tackle any more). I was never a fan of Kramdi but Wilson has been playing very well of late.
Receivers, I'll leave alone.
D-backs: Alexander is playing safety like Bighill is playing MLB.....not very well. Also, Holm after an all-star caliber year last season has fallen off the map.
Throw in Collaros, who but for the odd flash, has been horrendous this season (underthrows, focussed on one receiver, indecisive, happy feet).
The Bombers are extremely weak down the middle....C, QB, NT, MLB, S.
I also think that Coach O'Shea has "lost the plot."
Not a recipe for success in my opinion. We, and I write this as a Bomber fan since 1957, are in big trouble this season.

SSCBLUEJET

Jul 23, 2022
rofl... like how you just made something up but the point still stands...

I listened to the game on CJOB last night. One guy I truly appreciate is Doug Brown. He calls it like it is and I am only reiterating some of his points. Are you about to question a HOF player who's already forgotten what you and I know about football? I get that you're a butt hurt fan. But maybe if you remove your head from up it, it wouldn't hurt so much.
Oh and here's an acronym for ya, FO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad