Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Well, Red Wings is a best Santa for me
1. Late in 90s I wanted Chelios on our team. We got him.
2. Then after watching Bertuzzi in Vancouver I dreamt that one day he plays for us. We got him.
3. In 01 I was watching the Russian league and noticed a strange player making clowns out of experienced veterans. The same day I realized we drafted him with pick number 178.
4. In 09 at 4am I witnessed the best comeback in the WJHC history. I wanted Tarasenko from that roster. We got him.

It always comes but it always too late :)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Upgraded on Ghost for 5 on 5.

The loss on offence might sting more though. I don't think Gus is a lot better than Ghost, just better which doesn't take much in his own end. I think the 60 pt season Gus had was a way out there anomaly as he has been nowhere close since. I think we marginally improved on D while losing a lot on O.

Regardless if we are going with the current blueline I am very sad indeed.

Tarasenko been injured a lot.we have Too many RW , not good LW , still don't have top 4D . So I don't know how react on this signing

So is Fabbri who he is replacing. Tarasenko is the better offensive player.

The Panthers don’t need to trade Ekblad. Their cap is set and he’s not moving.

Rumours are they are shopping him though.

Reactions: David D and lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Man, prime Tarasenko was on a short list of wingers that could drive play and tilt the ice. If he is 60% of that guy then I'm stoked.

Now, if we can lose one or both of Holl/Husso's contracts I think even the bitchiest bitchers on this board would have to consider the off-season a win.

Husso is no big deal. 1 year left that can be lessened by waiving him. Maybe someone takes him on into the season as the cap adjusts for teams.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I wonder if those days would have had NTCs, would Chelios wanted to join because "I'd never play for Detroit, I hate them." :D

Husso is no big deal. 1 year left that can be lessened by waiving him. Maybe someone takes him on into the season as the cap adjusts for teams.

Yeah, our both Stanley Cup finalists Florida and Edmonton just carried a busted goalies on their roster, which were non-factors on their success.

Florida had 4.5M Spencer Knight buried at AHL and Edmonton had 6.0M Campbell buried at AHL.

We just maybe have to do the same for Husso, if he does not work and stop worrying about it. Let the contract just die after the season.

I'm a big believer Cam Talbot is a legit starter, always our new goalies have have hot starts. Let's have hot start and we'll see how long it will last.

Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tarasenko been injured a lot.we have Too many RW , not good LW , still don't have top 4D . So I don't know how react on this signing

At the Playoffs, Tarasenko got LW minutes at Barkov line:
Tarasenko - Barkov - Reinhart

So that gives some possibilities for that. Sceptical seeing Kane on the left, think he has never been there for a single shift. Same with Raymond.

Also, Lalonde systems on Tampa days had usually defensive/gritty LW and C+RW combos were skilled.

Deep Top9 offence is the target like contenders will have.

Top6 thinking is stone-aged.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why? Tim signed his deal coming off a 58 point season. What he did after he signed has very little bearing on the negotiations at the time.

Ray is coming off a 72 point season. If Yzerman wanted to extend Ray (or Mo) cheap(er) the time for that was last summer.

I just know the contract projections. It will be less, less or less. Not more.

Comparable season for Stutzle's contract season is Raymond's 2022-23 season. Draft classmates are always compared for seasons at same age. They compare this Raymond's contract season for Tim's 2023-24 season.

So they pretty much merge those two seasons in negotiations, which will build a lot more clearer picture about the player levels. That sophomore-jinx year is gonna hurt Raymond's contract value a bit, you can't escape that fact. And Raymond is lesser player in every standard.

From player side, they will build some potential growth inside the value, which is obvious, and Yzerman will accept that. But Yzerman will most probably cut some years from the end of the contract, because he has no inted to push that oncoming insane cap growth inside the deal. They probably go 6 years like Larkin did with his 2nd contract, and it became non-problem to extend with a discount afterwards. Yzerman knows this, he just trusts for his own negotiating power, and pretty sure selects this way.

With Seider I see us going with 8 years. That's not a problem. Those Hedman Slavin kind of guys have been cheap.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Florida fan here.. Tarensenko played amazing on that 3rd line on his natural side.. and struggled on the 1st line on left wing.. so as long as he's on the right side we'll do well.

Really wanted him back in Florida, wouldn't of won the cup without him.

Took this from another thread.

Quite sure 1st line assignments would be tough for him at any team, but the LW side is a possibility.

Quite sure prefers the RW.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This is part of the Yzerplan. Really it's less about 'making the playoffs' for notary, but rather adopting a winning culture as part of the long term plan.

I don't think Yzerman is done. I think he's going to find a top 4 dman via trade. Yzerman has cap space, other teams are trying to shed cap space.

So far, every move Yzerman has made this offseason has made DRWs incrementally better.

Fabri < Tarasenko
Walman < Gustafsson
Reimer < Talbot
Veleno < Motte (I think Veleno is gone)
Parron /=/ Berggren (yet to be seen)

I think Mazur gets a lot of NHL time. He's NHL ready.

I think Yzerman moves Veleno for something that improves the team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is part of the Yzerplan. Really it's less about 'making the playoffs' for notary, but rather adopting a winning culture as part of the long term plan.

I don't think Yzerman is done. I think he's going to find a top 4 dman via trade. Yzerman has cap space, other teams are trying to shed cap space.

So far, every move Yzerman has made this offseason has made DRWs incrementally better.

Fabri < Tarasenko
Walman < Gustafsson
Reimer < Talbot
Veleno < Motte (I think Veleno is gone)
Parron /=/ Berggren (yet to be seen)

I think Mazur gets a lot of NHL time. He's NHL ready.

I think Yzerman moves Veleno for something that improves the team.

I saw these player spots a bit different:

Talbot > Husso/Reimer

Tarasenko > Perron

Berggren >= Sprong

Motte vs. Fabbri, totally different dimension, more defence and 1.PK add, less production at 4th line minutes.

Edvinsson = Walman. Edvinsson could be equal as Walman, but you need to open a future slot to bank for better future years.

Gustafsson = Gostisbehere, secondary PP weapon instead of primary, better defence, less offence.

Snively > updated Czarnik.

Lagesson = Simek

Campbell = Hutchinson

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
First move I really like as it is an upgrade on Fabbri for barely more money and is miles better than bringing back Perron.

He won't wear 91. 13, 40, 30, 55 and 91 haven't been worn in Detroit since those players retired

Meh 55 can be worn if we're being honest. I love me a good kronwalling but he is not jersey retirement worthy.

But ya the rest should be off limits

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Meh 55 can be worn if we're being honest. I love me a good kronwalling but he is not jersey retirement worthy.

But ya the rest should be off limits

Not saying it should be, but clearly no one has worn it since, which might mean the organization sees him that way.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
2. Then after watching Bertuzzi in Vancouver I dreamt that one day he plays for us. We got him.
3. In 01 I was watching the Russian league and noticed a strange player making clowns out of experienced veterans. The same day I realized we drafted him with pick number 178.
4. In 09 at 4am I witnessed the best comeback in the WJHC history. I wanted Tarasenko from that roster. We got him.

It always comes but it always too late :)

Yeah, Datsyuk scored seven points the entire regular season and his team went to the non-televised relegation play the year Detroit drafted him.

There is no way in hell you were watching Russian hockey in 1998. On what channel?

Oh, and, IF he had been making clowns of experienced veterans, he wouldn't have been drafted as #171 as a third year eligible player (with his seven points). He wasn't even on the Russian U18 or U20 national teams as a junior, but you happened to see him clown experienced veterans. Nice job.

Reactions: Steve91 and lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Should Cat-Larkin- Raymond line and second line Tarasenko Compher Kane staying that way or it should be some rotation. ? Anyway our top 6 is in and bottom 6 is work in progress. Still so many guys and we have prospects who likes to get in .

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Or just no one wanted to wear it.

Highly doubt that. Maybe with Kronwall, but some goalie would have taken 30 by now if it was available since Ozzy retired. Feds, Dats and Z all haven't had theirs available to be picked. 91 is a popular number and Feds has been gone a long time and 13 likely would be used by now as well.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah, Datsyuk scored seven points the entire regular season and his team went to the non-televised relegation play the year Detroit drafted him.

There is no way in hell you were watching Russian hockey in 1998. On what channel?

Oh, and, IF he had been making clowns of experienced veterans, he wouldn't have been drafted as #171 as a third year eligible player (with his seven points). He wasn't even on the Russian U18 or U20 national teams as a junior, but you happened to see him clown experienced veterans. Nice job.
Well he stated that it was 2001, Datsyuk was already drafted and played for Ak Bars, which games were televised - reading comprehension is underrated skill. This poster is actually Russian and i assume was still living in Russia back in 2001.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Well he stated that it was 2001, Datsyuk was already drafted and played for Ak Bars, which games were televised - reading comprehension is underrated skill. This poster is actually Russian and i assume was still living in Russia back in 2001.
That time Wings was on the top of NHL , pretty much competition was AVS only. Don't remember myself even researching prospects, especially late rounds. When Datsyuk joined Red Wings, I was like who is this guy? Why i never heard about him

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

I'm originally from Russia and watched him on local TV. Can you imagine there are people living outside NA?

Reactions: KJoe88 and Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad