Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Tarasenko been injured a lot.we have Too many RW , not good LW , still don't have top 4D . So I don't know how react on this signing

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
If we could find a way to bring in Ekblad from the Panthers but there would be a number of moving parts to obtain him. He has been injury the last few years. He would sure add physicality and a mean streak to our blueline.

The Panthers don’t need to trade Ekblad. Their cap is set and he’s not moving.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
They might be at the cap and technically have a full roster, but that includes 8 guys (5F and 3D) at sub $1M that between them averaged 35 games played last season for their various teams. And none of them qualify as up and coming rookies.

They might not want to, but they almost have to turn one of their big money guys into 2 or even 3 mid range guys that can be trusted beyond league minimum warm body jobbers.

$14M in goalies doesn't help much either...

Last edited:

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I realize he would not get moved. However we definitely need a 2nd pair RD. As you know we have a lot of 3rd pair Right D like Holl and Petry. One other D I would love to see in Detroit is a LD and that is Shea Theodore. I know there has been injury issues the last few years.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
the problem with berggren is he has all the tools to being a very successful top 6 forward; however, he is not good enough to not play defense. He never played defense, routinely loses his man, and doesn't back check effectively. When he got called up, he did it all of the above in his last dressed up game and it was amazing to watch because finally, he got the damn message.

Unfortunately, at this point, Lalonde and/or Yzerman seem like they have made their decision on him. I don't necessarily agree with it, but you can't have berggren playing in the NHL and being on the 3rd or 4th lines. He is just not effective there. He has great vision and offensive hockey IQ that would be perfect to play with an opposite side wing shooter (maybe that's tarasenko now on the 3rd line, but he'd have to pick up defensively for it to be effective).

If you can put him on the wing with a 200 ft center and a shooter/defensive minded winger on the other side, it could be a lights out line. I wish we traded him a long time ago to just end the charade because he should be in the NHL right now.
His last callup he was pretty good all around, I recall he even hit someone. I think why he did not play after that was it would have nuked his waiver status, so SY kept him up a month in the press box to fatten his bank account a little before sending him back for the Griffs playoff run.

I see a 1 year prove it deal for him with some top 6 opportunities, certainly top 9 if he plays like he did his last appearance. I agree he is utterly wasted if used on the 4th line.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Man, prime Tarasenko was on a short list of wingers that could drive play and tilt the ice. If he is 60% of that guy then I'm stoked.

Now, if we can lose one or both of Holl/Husso's contracts I think even the bitchiest bitchers on this board would have to consider the off-season a win.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
They might be at the cap and technically have a full roster, but that includes 8 guys (5F and 3D) at sub $1M that between them averaged 35 games played last season for their various teams. And none of them qualify as up and coming rookies.

They might not want to, but they almost have to turn one of their big money guys into 2 or even 3 mid range guys that can be trusted beyond league minimum warm body jobbers.

$14M in goalies doesn't help much either...
Maybe SY can help them out a little, Joey V, Holl and Maatta for Ekblad :naughty: just to help them out a little

• Love
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Watching Tank highlights and I see the clip of him absolutely dog-walking Kyle Quincy to score his second in his debut 6-0 opening night trouncing.

1720059132650.gif

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad