Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
And the Red Wings have Berggren wanting a regular gig again...perhaps he's Detroit's and Stevie why's whipping boy
the problem with berggren is he has all the tools to being a very successful top 6 forward; however, he is not good enough to not play defense. He never played defense, routinely loses his man, and doesn't back check effectively. When he got called up, he did it all of the above in his last dressed up game and it was amazing to watch because finally, he got the damn message.

Unfortunately, at this point, Lalonde and/or Yzerman seem like they have made their decision on him. I don't necessarily agree with it, but you can't have berggren playing in the NHL and being on the 3rd or 4th lines. He is just not effective there. He has great vision and offensive hockey IQ that would be perfect to play with an opposite side wing shooter (maybe that's tarasenko now on the 3rd line, but he'd have to pick up defensively for it to be effective).

If you can put him on the wing with a 200 ft center and a shooter/defensive minded winger on the other side, it could be a lights out line. I wish we traded him a long time ago to just end the charade because he should be in the NHL right now.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
So Detroit gives away Fabbri to get Tarasenko...wonder what Stevie Why will do next as he's running out of Cap Space with Seider,Raymond and Veleno to sign...not that Giuseppe is going be hauling down a tonne...perhaps he'll trade Husso

Um. Fabbri made 4.0m. They got Gage Alexander who is going to be dumped into the AHL or something... a complete nothing. And signed Tarasenko to 4.75M

So, they literally added $750k in salary with this move. What are you talking about? Oh, he's running out of cap space by losing a whole 750k to upgrade broken Robby Fabbri into Vladimir Tarasenko.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Vladimir Tarasenko is about 5 times the player that Jonatan Berggren is. I know that's hard to hear for some people here... but you don't pass up on adding Tarasenko because of Berggren. IF he was good, he'd push his way into the lineup. For the love of god, Zach Aston-Reese played a non-zero number of games for Detroit.

Berggren is a long ways out from his draft year now. It's shit or get off the pot time for HIM to make Yzerman put him in the lineup, not for Yzerman to make room for him.

He did have 56 points in 53 games for the Griff's last year. So he should get another shot imo

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Doesn’t score as much anymore but I feel like his game is more complete.

Not bad. Wonder how much he’ll check out seeing as he just got another cup….

I’m worried he’ll suck

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Um. Fabbri made 4.0m. They got Gage Alexander who is going to be dumped into the AHL or something... a complete nothing. And signed Tarasenko to 4.75M

So, they literally added $750k in salary with this move. What are you talking about? Oh, he's running out of cap space by losing a whole 750k to upgrade broken Robby Fabbri into Vladimir Tarasenko.
Fabbri is broken why call an Italian BlackSmith he'll be fixed in a jiffy

He did have 56 points in 53 games for the Griff's last year. So he should get another shot imo
And Berggren had 15 goals and 13 assists in 67 games the year before in Detroit so what's going on?

Reactions: Filppula

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
That's what training camp is for. Sean Avery motherf***ed his way onto the 01-02 Wings. I don't want to hear it from any player. If a rookie can break out of camp on the 01-02 Red Wings... any player can make any team from any level.

Berggren wants NHL time, he's got to demand that he's a top 6 forward. He's got to push to replace Kane, Tarasenko, Raymond, or Debrincat. Other than that... he's gotta learn to backcheck and do what third line wingers do. I mean, come on, it's not like he's being sat and not given top 6 time when Dan Cleary or Justin Abdelkader is sitting there.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Raymond played on the left at times last year with Larkin and Kane.
Only in 6 on 5 situations.

1720045810598.png

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Vladimir Tarasenko is about 5 times the player that Jonatan Berggren is. I know that's hard to hear for some people here... but you don't pass up on adding Tarasenko because of Berggren. IF he was good, he'd push his way into the lineup. For the love of god, Zach Aston-Reese played a non-zero number of games for Detroit.

Berggren is a long ways out from his draft year now. It's shit or get off the pot time for HIM to make Yzerman put him in the lineup, not for Yzerman to make room for him.
He was 5 times the player. I don't care that much about Berggren as say, norrisnick, I just don't like the general line of trying to make playoffs on the backs of washed up vets, while losing focus of developing prospects and identity. You draft the fast and defensivly repsonsible team and still dress a motley crue of guys allergic to defense trying to out-depth others. Again nothing against Tarasenko as a player, he used to be great and still ok-to-good one. I just don't like Tarasenko in context of this team. You can have only so many bad defensive forwards, while also having two D pairs who cannot be trusted against anybody with some offensive ability and goalies who had sometimes had hard time stopping beach balls. I thought that we learned this already last season.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
That's what training camp is for. Sean Avery motherf***ed his way onto the 01-02 Wings. I don't want to hear it from any player. If a rookie can break out of camp on the 01-02 Red Wings... any player can make any team from any level.

Berggren wants NHL time, he's got to demand that he's a top 6 forward. He's got to push to replace Kane, Tarasenko, Raymond, or Debrincat. Other than that... he's gotta learn to backcheck and do what third line wingers do. I mean, come on, it's not like he's being sat and not given top 6 time when Dan Cleary or Justin Abdelkader is sitting there.
Avery didn't play until December 19th, when Datsyuk got hurt.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
He was 5 times the player. I don't care that much about Berggren as say, norrisnick, I just don't like the general line of trying to make playoffs on the backs of washed up vets, while losing focus of developing prospects and identity. You draft the fast and defensivly repsonsible team and still dress a motley crue of guys allergic to defense players trying to out-depth others. Again nothong against Tarasenko as a player, he used to be great and still ok-to-good one. I just don't like Tarasenko in context of this team. You can have only so many bad defensive forwards, while also having two D pairs who cannot be trusted against anybody with some offensive ability and goalies who had sometimes had hard time stopping beach balls. I thought that we learned this already last season.

Berggren was taken in the draft 6 years ago. He was on the big club for 67 games in 22-23. He's long past "shit or get off the pot" age.

The Wings also have Marco Kasper, Nate Danielson, and Carter Mazur as potentially high end youngsters. Guys like Red Savage could be long shots.
They haven't lost any focus on drafting and developing... just are moving on from counting on a guy like Berggren to be one of the ones that they're focusing on.

I mean, Berggren is exactly what you're complaining Tarasenko is. One of a motley crew of guys who are allergic to playing a 200 ft game and getting their nose dirty. He got 28 points in 67 games and was pretty wildly invisible for most of that season outside of the score sheet.

If you don't like Tarasenko with how the team is build, I don't understand how you'd like Berggren with how it's constructed. Their games are similar, Tarasenko is just much better at hockey.

Reactions: DamonDRW

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

I'm thinking both Seider and Raymond will get 8x9 Million...that's 18 Million

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Berggren was taken in the draft 6 years ago. He was on the big club for 67 games in 22-23. He's long past "shit or get off the pot" age.

The Wings also have Marco Kasper, Nate Danielson, and Carter Mazur as potentially high end youngsters. Guys like Red Savage could be long shots.
They haven't lost any focus on drafting and developing... just are moving on from counting on a guy like Berggren to be one of the ones that they're focusing on.

I mean, Berggren is exactly what you're complaining Tarasenko is. One of a motley crew of guys who are allergic to playing a 200 ft game and getting their nose dirty. He got 28 points in 67 games and was pretty wildly invisible for most of that season outside of the score sheet.

If you don't like Tarasenko with how the team is build, I don't understand how you'd like Berggren with how it's constructed. Their games are similar, Tarasenko is just much better at hockey.
Well currently we have both of them on the projected roster. And while with Berggren there is still a hope that he can improve his defensive game, Tarasenko is what he is and only can get worse.
But as i said i don't care that much about Berggren, I'd prefer Mazur an Kasper up with big club as well. I think this team is missing young and hungry players who are motivated to bring some pain.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
I'm thinking both Seider and Raymond will get 8x9 Million...that's 18 Million

Based upon what?

I think Seider ends up closer to Slavin's contract (8x6.5) than Makar's 6x9. 8x7.75 for Seider.

And Tim Stutzle is from the same draft year and plays 1C for Ottawa and he got 8.385Mx8.

I wouldn't be shocked to see matching 8/60 or 8/62 million deals to Raymond and Seider. That would be 7.75M for each. I think the worries about anywhere close to 9 million are completely unfounded nonsense.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yes, Bergy was a left winger in swedish league and also played LW with Raymond at same line for Sweden lately.

Ras - Larkin - Raymond
Cat - Compher - Kane
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
Motte - Copp - Fischer

This is how I see it now.
A top line winger who can’t score? Rasmussen is not a top line player.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Well currently we have both of them on the projected roster. And while with Berggren there is still a hope that he can improve his defensive game, Tarasenko is what he is and only can get worse.
But as i said i don't care that much about Berggren, I'd prefer Mazur an Kasper up with big club as well. I think this team is missing young and hungry players who are motivated to bring some pain.

There is an answer for this. They have this thing called training camp. If Mazur, Kasper, or Danielson go there and are as young and hungry as you want them to be, they'll scratch and claw and make the Wings bury Joe Veleno or Christian Fischer or whoever. And if they're REALLY good, they might convince the Wings that they can make something in terms of futures out of Patrick Kane by the TDL if he slows down at all.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Guy's what would it take to bring Shea Theodore to Detroit. His current cap hit is 5.2 million and a UFA next year. I know he has has some injury issues but he almost averaged a point a game this past season.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
There is an answer for this. They have this thing called training camp. If Mazur, Kasper, or Danielson go there and are as young and hungry as you want them to be, they'll scratch and claw and make the Wings bury Joe Veleno or Christian Fischer or whoever. And if they're REALLY good, they might convince the Wings that they can make something in terms of futures out of Patrick Kane by the TDL if he slows down at all.
Well, we saw how it worked last year with Edvinsson failing to beat out of camp Petry and Holl because they are such great defensemen (they are not). In his pre-draft press conference Yzerman was at least more honest - they are not planning with anybody from GR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad