Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
As three Right wingers being Raymond, Kane and Tarasenko, who neither can play on the left side, you should start talking about a Top9, instead of a Top6.

XXX - XXX - Raymond
XXX - XXX - Kane
XXX - XXX - Tarasenko
Raymond played on the left at times last year with Larkin and Kane.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Cat Larkin Raymond
?? Compher kane
Ras Copp Tarasenko

Can bergren play left wing?

Unless he wants to and talks to them about it in order to do buyouts?

I don't know the legality of all that. But I would think it's possible.
Arbitration contracts usually are high dollar for good players and are 1-2 years. It’s not a good route to go, especially if you’re trying to not burn RFA years. If Detroit signs Seider and Raymond this off season they would get 4 years of RFA and 4 years of UFA which would keep cost down and would get their prime years. In 2 years they’re buying 6 years of UFA status which can really inflate the dollar value and you’re starting to risk paying high dollars for post-prime years.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I guess everybody who needed a signing for a sake of a signing shouldbe happy now. Not sure if that was needed though.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
f*** yeah.

2 time cup winning veteran played different roles as a centerpiece and then as a depth piece. He will be a great mentor for many. Could be a trigger man on 3RW to roll a few scoring lines? He will at the very least be an improvement on our PP over Perron too

Offloading Fabbri (thank you for your service) and still having the room to make the Ray/Mo and hopefully Top 4D moves is awesome to see. It's only July 3rd fellas

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
If he gets top 6 minutes and can regain a bit of his form from 2 seasons ago it could be really good especially at that cap hit. If he gets 65-70 points I will be very very happy. If he does even better than that.....

Well I'll probably just be happier

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So Detroit gives away Fabbri to get Tarasenko...wonder what Stevie Why will do next as he's running out of Cap Space with Seider,Raymond and Veleno to sign...not that Giuseppe is going be hauling down a tonne...perhaps he'll trade Husso

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Yes, the Red Wings needed a legitimate top 6 winger. Adding Tarasenko isn’t a “signing for a signing’s sake”. He’s legitimately good.
Well he might be an upgrade on Fabbri. But he does not play defense or forecheck. So kind of same old. It seems like Berggren is also not in plans.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Well he might be an upgrade on Fabbri. But he does not play defense or forecheck. So kind of same old. It seems like Berggren is also not in plans.
Vladimir Tarasenko is about 5 times the player that Jonatan Berggren is. I know that's hard to hear for some people here... but you don't pass up on adding Tarasenko because of Berggren. IF he was good, he'd push his way into the lineup. For the love of god, Zach Aston-Reese played a non-zero number of games for Detroit.

Berggren is a long ways out from his draft year now. It's shit or get off the pot time for HIM to make Yzerman put him in the lineup, not for Yzerman to make room for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad