Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Mazur referenced Ras as a guy he was following around this offseason to do everything right. I have been banging the same drum on weight gain for Ras so I found it interesting he was following around Ras at times as an example with that difference.

Ras’ frame certainly looks like it can handle more so not sure why he sticks at 220… I think it limits his net front game and is why they still don’t use him there on the PP. I remember Landon Ferraro basically said he couldn’t put on a ton of weight without impacting his skating so maybe that is something with Ras that I don’t get. He should live north of 235 for me. Don’t think we will see it at this point.
Maybe we need to see if Byfuglien wouldn't mind letting Ras tag along for a summer. With Mazur, if he ate what Ras ate, gaining weight should come naturally. I have to think that given his size, Ras consumes a lot of calories. It might be a comfort level thing. He eats what he knows he can eat, and works out how he knows to work out, and he has a hard time deviating from it because it has worked up to now.

Nothing I have heard about Rasmussen says he's a guy who doesn't put in the work. But I agree staying at 220 isn't a great thing. I akways thought he would pack on some more weight, too. And I think he could be a little slower if he was harder to push around. But it would also help him to just play a rougher game but I don't see that happening, either.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Maybe we need to see if Byfuglien wouldn't mind letting Ras tag along for a summer. With Mazur, if he ate what Ras ate, gaining weight should come naturally. I have to think that given his size, Ras consumes a lot of calories. It might be a comfort level thing. He eats what he knows he can eat, and works out how he knows to work out, and he has a hard time deviating from it because it has worked up to now.

Nothing I have heard about Rasmussen says he's a guy who doesn't put in the work. But I agree staying at 220 isn't a great thing. I akways thought he would pack on some more weight, too. And I think he could be a little slower if he was harder to push around. But it would also help him to just play a rougher game but I don't see that happening, either.
I think if you were giving him PP time at the net front this also would up the stakes. We seem unwilling to attempt that for whatever reason. They can push retrievals, but he does a good job scrambling pucks with his reach at 5 on 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad