GDT: Wings at Kraken | February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Vrana is exactly what the doctor ordered for team. Doesn’t matter which line he gets slotted onto. Sit Sunny for him and get it over with already
I definitely don’t disagree that could be a great low pressure landing spot for him. He’s had great chemistry with Zadina. 4th line/3rd d pair matchups could be intriguing too

Reactions: 13to40

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Things with tentacles tend to be pretty chewy, but tonight the Wings might have enough bite in them to take on Seattle's Kraken, who've thrashed their way into a playoff spot. Assuming that the worst-case scenario of the home team treating the visitors like a bunch of anime schoolgirls doesn't materialize, Detroit has a chance to close in on the Capitals and their 3rd place wildcard perch, which is looking like a mighty nice place to be right now." - Plausible Keats

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Vrana is exactly what the doctor ordered for team. Doesn’t matter which line he gets slotted onto. Sit Sunny for him and get it over with already
Win tonight would obviously be huge. I think we are going to get quite a bit of help from the other 5 possibly losing today.
Florida got smoked 7-3, Islanders trailing big time against Boston for starters. Lets just win the game boys.

Reactions: raymond23

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
is it though?

the Wings have been outshot 80-47 in their last 2 games
That's also what happens when you get a lead against desperate teams who are trying to tie the game up. The shots against shouldn't be that worrying especially if you watched the games.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Pens and Isles both losing their games right now. Florida lost today. Caps with a tough game later against the Canes. Huge opportunity to gain some more ground tonight.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That's also what happens when you get a lead against desperate teams who are trying to tie the game up. The shots against shouldn't be that worrying especially if you watched the games.

eh kind of

but it's tough to argue that "they're winning" is a rational argument for not playing someone like Vrana rather than some weird superstition thing when they keep getting outshot 2-1

acetehubernoob

Jun 28, 2011
I f***ing hate superstitious dumbasses
Ok I'm adding this mid way thru my post, I'm very high and I'm finding difficulty putting thoughts to words so apologies if my wording is weird.

Sitting anyone part of a winning streak for another player (besides a superstar) would send a really bad message to the locker room. It's possible they brought him up to play not expecting to win every game on this road trip.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
eh kind of

but it's tough to argue that "they're winning" is a rational argument for not playing someone like Vrana rather than some weird superstition thing when they keep getting outshot 2-1
I don't disagree with the Vrana part necessarily, though I can understand the thought process at least. I was just trying to put some context into the shots for/against argument. It's not like they've been playing badly and getting lucky wins.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ok I'm adding this mid way thru my post, I'm very high and I'm finding difficulty putting thoughts to words so apologies if my wording is weird.

Sitting anyone part of a winning streak for another player (besides a superstar) would send a really bad message to the locker room. It's possible they brought him up to play not expecting to win every game on this road trip.
They brought Walman back in mid streak. And I guarantee you they'll bring in Raymond if he gets healthy and we haven't lost. They've played both goalies.

So it's not even honest superstition. They're using it as an excuse.

This shit's too late for me, can y'all keep up the streak without me?
We lose and you're not here, you're getting the blame.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'm sorry but the idea that our bottom half bubble team can't afford to sit a single winger to squeeze in a 30 goal scorer just because they have a cute little winning streak is flat out insane.

I'm done giving the benefit of the doubt. Refusing to give Vrana some 4th line minutes right now is just plain stupid.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I agree. This Vrana situation is getting weirder. Why is he up with the team?? Put him in for Sundqvist.. I thought they were supposed to sit him on back to backs the other night anyway.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Team been told that Vrana will only play if they lose game, they probably don't want him to play

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Aiming to stay up for this one. Been a long week but I’m excited to see Seattle in all its glory against us.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It might recognize your ip unless it works off your billing address.

Pretty sure it's based on IP location based on my experience. When I'm in Michigan, no Wings for me. In Minnesota, yay Wings.

Last time I was in Michigan and wanted to watch a game fast on the TV, I signed up for the free Bally Sports trial. And it was pretty subpar so I'm not surprised they aren't making money.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Pretty sure it's based on IP location based on my experience. When I'm in Michigan, no Wings for me. In Minnesota, yay Wings.

Last time I was in Michigan and wanted to watch a game fast on the TV, I signed up for the free Bally Sports trial. And it was pretty subpar so I'm not surprised they aren't making money.
So try and find it on the TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad