Post-Game Talk: Wings 5 Leafs 4 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Brodie is playing the game like it's a chore. I understand there's a lot going on off the ice and that's reality and the human side and real life. But within the confines of the game, you don't feel comfortable they're going into the post season with him in any situation.
For sure. I have no doubt he is trying his best. Sometimes there are things in life bigger than your job, even a job that pays millions a year. I think the right thing to do is sit him. He is not helping the team, which sucks for all involved.

The coaches still putting him out there though, and on the PK... crazy.

My six starters on D are:
Rielly
McCabe if he still has a face
Liljegren
Benoit
Edmundson
Lyubushkin or Timmins - don't love either, but love both 100x more than Brodes.

Next up would be whichever of Lub/Timmins, Giordano, Brodie, Marincin.. he's still around right.

Sidenote, I must have missed super-advanced-stat Holl tonight? 3.4 million for 38 games. I hated Babs but he had it right on some players. Holl and Hyman for example.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I played hockey, football, and soccer. I was a hockey coach for years.

I played and coached every game to win them. I didn't want just excitement, or to simply entertain everyone. I wanted to WIN.

I expect the teams I cheer for to do the same. I wouldn't be excited by that loss at SBA tonight, even if other fans felt they were excited and entertained.

If you're going to keep score, make sure you have the higher total score.
You must love this season, the Leafs win a lot and are not very entertaining to watch

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You're not going to rest Matthews for a while week, just manage his minutes the next game and scratch him on Wednesday
What if he doesn’t score next game, do you dress him in Tampa?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
You must love this season, the Leafs win a lot and are not very entertaining to watch
Come on brother. How can you not be excited and entertained during a 70 goal campaign. Nylander was top 6 in scoring for 95% of the season. The Sweden Trip was an all around success. All the new players and surprising players like Benoit and McMann. Samsonov taking a week off then going 19-2.

You seem intent on hating on the Leafs in your posts saying you can barely watch them etc. I don't get it but to each their own.

Reactions: ACC1224 and arso40

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Highs:
-Matthews is a legend. He can score in so many ways. Should have had 70 but Reimer played well.
-Robertson got us started with a terrific rush and goal.
-I liked Benoit's steady game.
-Knies continues to hustle but has to watch the careless penalties
-I admire the team's fighting back after the 4-1 deficit.

Lows:
-Samsonov cannot allow that 4th goal in any game, nevermind a playoff game
-Rielly cost us two goals in the first. He has to stop his gambling and play defence. He seems to be laboring in his skating. He needs to sit the next 2 games.
-Domi's penalty was idiotic on his part.
-Brodie gave the puck away too many times when pressured. He's terrible on the PK, especially clearing pucks.
--I don't like Nylander's game right now. He's fanning on shots, careless with the puck at times, a defensive liability again, etc. He and Rielly better pick up their games in the playoffs.

Most important thing is to get past these next few games healthy and ready for the playoffs. I hope the McCabe and McMann injuries aren't too bad. I breathed a sigh of relief when Matthews crashed into the boards.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
This is exactly what I was afraid off. Injuries.

Dont even care about the loss. McCabe should've been rested until the playoffs.

Does anyone even know what happened to McCann?
They can’t rest every single player.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
lol one win was a playoff series winning goal and the other was in game 79 of the regular season

some of your guys' logic is truly bewildering
Detroit on the verge of making it to the playoffs it was a huge point for them. I had no problem with the winning goal celly, Now the one knee and outstretched arms mid game, well that guy should have been flattened.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
They both equally suck. Lyubushkin can barely move. Brodie is just lost positionally.

I'd honestly go off the board and go Giordano. At least Giordano puts his heart and soul. Yea he's slow, but to be fair Lyubushkin might be just as slow, and Brodie has completely lost his awareness.
yea idk who to pick, could make a solid (shitty) argument for any of them

Gio just looks three steps behind. Lyubushkin looks like a watered down polak with somehow worse puck skills and Brodie has fallen off a cliff so hard it's actually unbelievable that this is the same guy we signed 4 years ago

it's picking between poop, crap and shit

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
First series win in decades is a little different…but yes you are right.
I mean the toronto maple leafs also celebrated the connor brown GWG against the pittsburgh penguins back in 2016-17 pretty hard. Brown and Kadri jumping on the ice lol.

we've been lucky enough to witness a team make the playoffs relatively easily for 8 straight years so it must be forgotten, but this is pretty standard for teams who aren't like us. Whether it's just a fluke year, or a sign of a finishing rebuild the players are going to be pumped

I don't really get the problem with them celebrating it, matthews celebrated 60 goals like he scored the GWG in the cup. He'll do the same for 70, I think they should be able to do the same for a very important game for their playoff lives

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
yea idk who to pick, could make a solid (shitty) argument for any of them

Gio just looks three steps behind. Lyubushkin looks like a watered down polak with somehow worse puck skills and Brodie has fallen off a cliff so hard it's actually unbelievable that this is the same guy we signed 4 years ago

it's picking between poop, crap and shit

Yea slim pickings.

I just don't trust Lyubushkin, he's a weaker/slower version of polak with just horrible puck skills.

Brodie at this point is finished, at least he can skate. Just seems lost in his own end.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
11 goals on his last what? 53 shots? But sure let's blame the tea.

There is ONE issue here and it's the gutless coward in net.
He is 18-3-2 or something like that since he came back from the waiver oblivion/robidas/walking dead, so your hot take is bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad