Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Re last night,while I was happy to get the win against Owen Sound wasn't pleased with almost blowing a large lead,even though I thought Windsor was the better team in the 1st 2 periods,didn't like the 1st 2 goals Froggett allowed seemed to leave him rattled a bit,glad team finished them off, Spits now 9-1-1,4-0 at home ,what a difference a year makes,team wise Spits last year at this time after 11 games were 3-8,and 2-5 at home.
Individually , forward Jack Nesbitt had 1 goal 0 assists in 9 games last year at this time,now after last night's hat trick he has 8G,6A,14 pts huge improvement.
Should mention last year after 11 games Christoforo had 1G,7A and was a -7
this season same number of games 2G,10A, and a +22.
Greentree in 11 games played last year had 7G,7A,14 points and was a minus 10
this season he has played 10 games and currently leads the league in points 25,with 7G and 18 assists and is a +14.
And I can't forget Joey Costanzo who is 2nd in the league with a 2.00 goals against average,.932 save percentage and an 8-0 record.
Last year he was 2-6,with a goals against average of 5.30 and a save percentage of .817.
Saturday 's game should be interesting vs NFalls another team like Windsor with early season success.
Expecting Costanzo back in the cage for the Spits against his former team.
Could see forward Ethan Martin drawing back in replacing the injured Cole Davis,otherwise same lineup.
Unreal turnaround with many of the players this year. Belief in one another is key and I have to give coaching staff much credit implementing the confidence and systems to benefit the roster they have. Although not mentioned on here much this year Bowler has got to be wearing the biggest ass grin on his face this year with this team and well deserved 👏

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Unreal turnaround with many of the players this year. Belief in one another is key and I have to give coaching staff much credit implementing the confidence and systems to benefit the roster they have. Although not mentioned on here much this year Bowler has got to be wearing the biggest ass grin on his face this year with this team and well deserved 👏
Just had to completely tank 1 year..

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Christo at +22 is probably the most impressive stat of the season so far and I thank him for that. He's so far ahead of everyone else in the league that the Crusties have ghosted this thread for the most part. No grumblings about our coach, no complaints about our GM, no pissing and moaning about our young players, goaltending, or attendance. Not even a peep about how some other organization that never wins anything is better constructed for future success than the Spitfires. Life is good! Greentree is almost just as impressive, leading the league in scoring and well on his way to giving the Spitfires 3 of the last 4 Red Tilson trophy winners. Who saw that one coming? Not me.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Christo at +22 is probably the most impressive stat of the season so far and I thank him for that. He's so far ahead of everyone else in the league that the Crusties have ghosted this thread for the most part. No grumblings about our coach, no complaints about our GM, no pissing and moaning about our young players, goaltending, or attendance. Not even a peep about how some other organization that never wins anything is better constructed for future success than the Spitfires. Life is good! Greentree is almost just as impressive, leading the league in scoring and well on his way to giving the Spitfires 3 of the last 4 Red Tilson trophy winners. Who saw that one coming? Not me.
Still soft on defense. And pinches all the time.
Though new coach has tried to install to reel that back a bit.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Nice to see the fellas pick up another victory on Thursday. Was a great first two periods and a rocky 3rd, you play to learn from your mistakes and critique things to find ways to get better. Tke the two points and improve some things.

Another impressive stat that hasent been talked about so far is Abraham not taking stupid penalties for no reason like in past season, im sure some will come its in his fiesty nature but like that hes focused on being a leader, pick your spots and time. We value his game on the ice more then the extra stuff.

Ive said it in the past i wasnt happy with the coaching style the past few seasons. Walters has implemented line combos and actually keeping them together to build that chemistry. Nesbitt/Belchetz starting to, Greentree and Protas ripping it up togethter, its what is needed to build team/line Chemistry.

Measuring stick out tonight, The Dogs have been one of the best teams in the OHL this season along with us up there somewhere, So we are going to need a full team effort, solid two way play and hope Costanzo can continue to be the calming, reliable goalie we've seen so far in this young season.

Should be a full Barn tonight.

Go Spits Go!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad