Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Re last night,while I was happy to get the win against Owen Sound wasn't pleased with almost blowing a large lead,even though I thought Windsor was the better team in the 1st 2 periods,didn't like the 1st 2 goals Froggett allowed seemed to leave him rattled a bit,glad team finished them off, Spits now 9-1-1,4-0 at home ,what a difference a year makes,team wise Spits last year at this time after 11 games were 3-8,and 2-5 at home.
Individually , forward Jack Nesbitt had 1 goal 0 assists in 9 games last year at this time,now after last night's hat trick he has 8G,6A,14 pts huge improvement.
Should mention last year after 11 games Christoforo had 1G,7A and was a -7
this season same number of games 2G,10A, and a +22.
Greentree in 11 games played last year had 7G,7A,14 points and was a minus 10
this season he has played 10 games and currently leads the league in points 25,with 7G and 18 assists and is a +14.
And I can't forget Joey Costanzo who is 2nd in the league with a 2.00 goals against average,.932 save percentage and an 8-0 record.
Last year he was 2-6,with a goals against average of 5.30 and a save percentage of .817.
Saturday 's game should be interesting vs NFalls another team like Windsor with early season success.
Expecting Costanzo back in the cage for the Spits against his former team.
Could see forward Ethan Martin drawing back in replacing the injured Cole Davis,otherwise same lineup.
Unreal turnaround with many of the players this year. Belief in one another is key and I have to give coaching staff much credit implementing the confidence and systems to benefit the roster they have. Although not mentioned on here much this year Bowler has got to be wearing the biggest ass grin on his face this year with this team and well deserved 👏

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Unreal turnaround with many of the players this year. Belief in one another is key and I have to give coaching staff much credit implementing the confidence and systems to benefit the roster they have. Although not mentioned on here much this year Bowler has got to be wearing the biggest ass grin on his face this year with this team and well deserved 👏
Just had to completely tank 1 year..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad