Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Gaymes needs to settle down a bit.
Either at fight limit or over now. Suspensions will be coming if he keeps fighting.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Win!!! Nice breakout game for Nesbitt. Really elevating his game this year. We outscored our deficiencies but that won't happen late in the year. Hate to say it but Froggett is looking really suspect. 5 goals on 20 shots does not cut it even as a backup. I'd give him another couple of starts to see an improvement.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
They're not all going to be pretty but take the two points and the lesson. I'll post more later but best wishes to Cole Davis on a full recovery. He took a crosscheck to the neck and went down in the second period; trainers, doctors, and stretcher all came out. It was an eerie, scary scene. We'll see when information comes out.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Per HC Greg Walters post-game - It's not Davis' head, looks like an upper body injury. They're still waiting on reports and don't know a lot right now. But, they don't think it's as bad as it looked.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Spits get another win. Third period was not pretty but credit to Owen Sound for not giving up. not every game is going to be a dominant performance for all 60 minutes, this is a competitive league. Belchetz is close to breaking out. He hit the post and had a great pass on his assist. Really like Hicks, he is going to be a great d man. Spellacy also had a nice assist.

Newlove is ranked for this upcoming draft, he should be with the Spitfires, he is already signed. We definitely have a ton of goalie depth now.

Nesbitt was rated as a B (2nd,3rd round) but if he continues to put up points I think he can go in the 1st round.

Niagara in town next, should be a good one, expecting a crowd of about 5,500 - 6,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad