Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
This is kind of my thought on next season. Winegard won't (shouldn't) have a spot. Nothing personal just isn't at that level. Martin is 50/50 depending on how he does the rest of the season. Outwater should have an OA spot if he gets healthy; he can produce. Eichler is 50/50 for me because, while he's not flashy, is he worse than a new import? I don't know. Costanzo could be back if he keeps this up and they're making a run. If not, Froggett/Windbiel is your duo.

Bowler's going to do something, we just don't know how big. You're right, defence has to be a priority and good call on Manzo. I like the kid but, if you can get a top three 05 or 06 for Manzo+picks, you have to look at it.
Eichler next year is likely better than a new import. If Protas stays, I’m sure he’s gone for someone younger. If Protas goes… we may have trouble filling a second slot that’s nearly as good as eichler.

Manzo is the guy I’d move out if we have to. Woodall, Christoforo and Mathurin seem like a lock if we want to contend now. Walton’s upped his physical game and I really like his play this year. And unless we’re bringing in an immediate impact import, Eichler stays.
Manzo is the guy out. Winegards value has to be low since he’s playing forward. And Hicks is too young for me to move on from.

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Eichler next year is likely better than a new import. If Protas stays, I’m sure he’s gone for someone younger. If Protas goes… we may have trouble filling a second slot that’s nearly as good as eichler.

Manzo is the guy I’d move out if we have to. Woodall, Christoforo and Mathurin seem like a lock if we want to contend now. Walton’s upped his physical game and I really like his play this year. And unless we’re bringing in an immediate impact import, Eichler stays.
Manzo is the guy out. Winegards value has to be low since he’s playing forward. And Hicks is too young for me to move on from.
Hicks can't be moved, no 08's can be moved except Belchetz and that's not happening lol.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I also want to see a bit more of Froggett. His numbers last year rivaled Costanzo’s with a much larger sample. If they stay down on a much better team, I could see us exploring other backup options this season. Likely from within.

Reactions: punch1943

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I also want to see a bit more of Froggett. His numbers last year rivaled Costanzo’s with a much larger sample. If they stay down on a much better team, I could see us exploring other backup options this season. Likely from within.
Nice to have a legit stable of goalies available. Something they have lacked for a few years.
It is something that London does not do well as they always have to search out goalies or back ups.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I believe its because they again have a great goalie coach. People seem to forget BB made some brutal coaching decisions the last while. Tenders struggled after Perry left. The rest of the team struggled with the others he chose.

Reactions: windsor7

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This is kind of my thought on next season. Winegard won't (shouldn't) have a spot. Nothing personal just isn't at that level. Martin is 50/50 depending on how he does the rest of the season. Outwater should have an OA spot if he gets healthy; he can produce. Eichler is 50/50 for me because, while he's not flashy, is he worse than a new import? I don't know. Costanzo could be back if he keeps this up and they're making a run. If not, Froggett/Windbiel is your duo.

Bowler's going to do something, we just don't know how big. You're right, defence has to be a priority and good call on Manzo. I like the kid but, if you can get a top three 05 or 06 for Manzo+picks, you have to look at it.
Here’s what will happen next season with the imports: They will do everything in their power to keep Protas, he has been a revelation for this team. We will pitch to the Capitals that we’re going to contend next season and the experience will be good for Protas and will be more beneficial than him playing in the AHL in a bottom-6 role for Hershey.

They will release Eichler, there is zero chance they go into a season that they’re poised to compete with an average at best import taking up an overage spot as well, that would be a fireable offence if you ask me.

Bowler will swing for the fences in the import draft to get a quality NHL drafted import. If he can’t get him to report, expect him to peruse the trade market and acquire a quality import (s) instead.

There is a 0% chance at this stage Eichler will be retuning for his overage season. He’s good for what he is, but for a guy where some question his value taking up an import slot, why would you want him to take up an Overage spot as well!!?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad