Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

spits

Jul 24, 2013
I feel like this has 21-22 potential again. Planning the run for next year, but over performing for a conservative buying year. The only thing is… you wonder if Bowler regrets not going all in on that first go round. Imagine if we snagged Xhekaj… I don’t question we would’ve won the OHL.

I really like Protas, but with that AHL eligibility, in my mind, I already have him gone next year.

Does Bowler follow the same pattern, or does he regret not pushing that year and goes for the push now if we’re right there in contention?

I think his decisions this year will show whether he regrets not going for it a year earlier…

Either way, I’m here for the ride. This is going to be fun!
This is not the year to go all in, I think next year is. If I were Bowler I would look to add an '06 defenseman that is back next year. It won't be cheap but they have a lot of 2nds and 4ths stocked in the draft cupboard. Maybe trade a forward along with picks for a d-man.

Also, I thought Protas wasn't eligible for the AHL yet next season since he was taken after the NHL draft? Protas is an '06.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
This is not the year to go all in, I think next year is. If I were Bowler I would look to add an '06 defenseman that is back next year. It won't be cheap but they have a lot of 2nds and 4ths stocked in the draft cupboard. Maybe trade a forward along with picks for a d-man.

Also, I thought Protas wasn't eligible for the AHL yet next season since rhe was taken after the NHL draft? Protas is an '06.
He was drafted from a European team, which means that he was AHL Eligible immediately.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
2 minor tweaks that I would like to see:

1. Send Hicks to Jr. B so he can have steady ice time.

2. Acquire another depth forward.

This would give them 14F and 7D. They appear that they will be short 2 F for almost a month. when Davis and Outwater get back, Belchez and Lemieux will be leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad