Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
5-3 Erie, incl four unanswered... erm, 6-3, five unanswered.

This one is two fold - a very good lesson for Windsor that every team is going to give you their best right now. Also, that reviewed goaltender interference goal that counted was kind of the turning point. If that doesn't happen...
How come when Windsor doesn't win it's always 1 of usual statements?
The call was very close. Eichler didn't help things..

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
How come when Windsor doesn't win it's always 1 of usual statements?
The call was very close. Eichler didn't help things..
Eichler barely touched him and the Erie player made no attempt to stop or change direction, instead continued through the Blue paint contacting Froggett on the far side of the crease. Seriously that is interference. The call was bad. If that was the other way around I would say the same thing.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Eichler barely touched him and the Erie player made no attempt to stop or change direction, instead continued through the Blue paint contacting Froggett on the far side of the crease. Seriously that is interference. The call was bad. If that was the other way around I would say the same thing.
Refs are what they always are. This only comes up when on losing end.
They aren't going to improve.
Windsor got some calls this year. Will get some against them.
Can't do anything about the refs, though.
Windsor can move on and focus on next game.

Reactions: Cherrydon

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Refs are what they always are. This only comes up when on losing end.
They aren't going to improve.
Windsor got some calls this year. Will get some against them.
Can't do anything about the refs, though.
Windsor can move on and focus on next game.
Agree you can't do anything about them but you have heard me say Windsor was lucky when they get a bad call go their way. They do balance out as you suggest over the season

Reactions: windsor7

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Can't be disappointed in the squad's performance. Another road game with the backup in net and posted 42 shots on net. Definitely didn't get the benefit of the calls tonight. That 3rd Erie goal was goalie interference, he slid right into the goalie taking him out of the play, if that is not goalie interference, what is?

Greentree is obviously a great player, not criticizing him, but sometimes he is guilty of trying to always deke through everyone when he has teammates wide open in prime scoring spots. Many times, he ends up losing it. It was noticeable on quite a few occasions in this one.

Anyways, you can't win every game. The daunting schedule continues against a desperate Oshawa squad that is somehow losing games. They have a stacked roster. After these next few games, the schedule gets better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad