Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I didn’t think the first period was that bad. A pretty bad 2 on 1, and then the second goal, looked pretty soft on Joey from down at the other end. Haven’t seen the replay yet.

Looked like we were playing overly aggressive to try and put it away early and had some bad breaks in our end. We out shot the Gens 15-8 in the first… 18-4 in the second, 17-5 in the 3rd.

Glad to see a coach rewarding great play. Greentrees numbers are insane so far. He’s getting a good chunk of quiet secondary assists. Overall, good weekend against some tough clubs.

6-1-1 is a great start. 13 of 16 points is unsustainable, but after each game I’m thinking a little bit more this club might be the real deal.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I didn’t think the first period was that bad. A pretty bad 2 on 1, and then the second goal, looked pretty soft on Joey from down at the other end. Haven’t seen the replay yet.

Looked like we were playing overly aggressive to try and put it away early and had some bad breaks in our end. We out shot the Gens 15-8 in the first… 18-4 in the second, 17-5 in the 3rd.

Glad to see a coach rewarding great play. Greentrees numbers are insane so far. He’s getting a good chunk of quiet secondary assists. Overall, good weekend against some tough clubs.

6-1-1 is a great start. 13 of 16 points is unsustainable, but after each game I’m thinking a little bit more this club might be the real deal.
I think you’re exactly like kitchener last year

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
A few thoughts...

The Good:

- 50 shots on goal. That speaks volumes in itself.
- 17 shots against. Again...
- Greentree with a four-point night. He doesn't have to be "the guy" but he's doing everything right so far.
- Belchetz with five shots but no goals. Teams are realizing that he's a force and they're adjusting, but he's still getting chances, which is good to see.
- Costanzo didn't have to do much but was rock solid when he was called upon.
- Love to see guys like Walton get a goal. The kid has worked hard and deserved it.
- Oster certainly earned a star for the Gens. Without him, Windsor scores 7 or 8, maybe even more.
- Protas makes it looks easy. He's not flashy but give him a chance and he'll bury it.

The Bad:

- I didn't like the start at all. Windsor looked shaky and disorganized offensively, which didn't help defensively. I wasn't thrilled about either of the goals against but they could have been worse.
- Cowbells can be banned from sports and I wouldn't be upset. (this is me trying to think of anything negative)

Honestly, one of the more complete games you'll see from this team. They consistently outshot the Generals, rebounded from a couple of bad breaks, and showed why they're entering contender status. There's not much to be cranky about with a 6-1-1 record; nobody here expected that but I'll certainly take it.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If greentree keeps playing like this doesn’t look like he will be back next year- perhaps an early graduation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad