Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Another game with 11 players recording at least one point. Multi-point nights from several veterans. Costanzo allowed 5on36 but three PPGs doesn't help. I wasn't a big fan of the penalties or of the officiating at times; it felt kind of "I don't care, play on", which is fine sometimes but not at others (like tonight).

I'd love to know what happened with Cristoforo in the second with the neck. I think it was MacDonell who grabbed him. Cristoforo immediately slugs him, which was a penalty, but then Cristo looks at the official and points to his neck. Woodall backs up Cristo. Again, the officials shrug it off and send Cristo off... but someone on here mentioned a chain and that crossed my mind.

Don't look now, but Windsor has four of the OHL's top-15 producers, including the top offensive D-man in Cristoforo. He's also the best plus-minus for in the ENTIRE OHL at +15. Credit given where it's due.

I don't want to mention attendance but under 1,800 at the game. It holds 5,500; that's absurd, especially with the team they've got.

Davis gets hurt early in the game, didn't return. I haven't seen any updated on him but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Windsor heads to Erie tomorrow. The Otters lost at home to NB tonight in a shootout. This game might actually scare me more than Brampton did. The Erie Insurance Arena is a very tough building to get points in; loud, intimidating, and the Otters have zero quit. It's an incredibly fun rink if you're a visiting fan. I've been several times, as recently as January, and it's such a charming city and arena. Honestly, top-3 OHL cities for me. That said, if Windsor wants a point or two, they need to not look ahead to Monday.

As far as Musty goes - they don't need him. I don't even know who you would dangle in front of Sudbury. Nesbitt, Manzo, 2nd 25, 3rd 26, and 4th 27? Remove Manzo and put in Gaymes? The rights to someone? I don't know.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Another game with 11 players recording at least one point. Multi-point nights from several veterans. Costanzo allowed 5on36 but three PPGs doesn't help. I wasn't a big fan of the penalties or of the officiating at times; it felt kind of "I don't care, play on", which is fine sometimes but not at others (like tonight).

I'd love to know what happened with Cristoforo in the second with the neck. I think it was MacDonell who grabbed him. Cristoforo immediately slugs him, which was a penalty, but then Cristo looks at the official and points to his neck. Woodall backs up Cristo. Again, the officials shrug it off and send Cristo off... but someone on here mentioned a chain and that crossed my mind.

Don't look now, but Windsor has four of the OHL's top-15 producers, including the top offensive D-man in Cristoforo. He's also the best plus-minus for in the ENTIRE OHL at +15. Credit given where it's due.

I don't want to mention attendance but under 1,800 at the game. It holds 5,500; that's absurd, especially with the team they've got.

Davis gets hurt early in the game, didn't return. I haven't seen any updated on him but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Windsor heads to Erie tomorrow. The Otters lost at home to NB tonight in a shootout. This game might actually scare me more than Brampton did. The Erie Insurance Arena is a very tough building to get points in; loud, intimidating, and the Otters have zero quit. It's an incredibly fun rink if you're a visiting fan. I've been several times, as recently as January, and it's such a charming city and arena. Honestly, top-3 OHL cities for me. That said, if Windsor wants a point or two, they need to not look ahead to Monday.

As far as Musty goes - they don't need him. I don't even know who you would dangle in front of Sudbury. Nesbitt, Manzo, 2nd 25, 3rd 26, and 4th 27? Remove Manzo and put in Gaymes? The rights to someone? I don't know.
The Erie fans are among the most rude in the league during the game. However, you talk to them between periods, they are very nice people.

• Haha
Reactions: ZinErie

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
This is going to be a fun team to follow. There will be some inevitable bumps with a young squad but I really like the job management has done. London and Sag look to be the teams in the West but watch out for the Spits. Unlike many other coaches in the league they play their kids. There is a reason why some coaches never win it all.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This is going to be a fun team to follow. There will be some inevitable bumps with a young squad but I really like the job management has done. London and Sag look to be the teams in the West but watch out for the Spits. Unlike many other coaches in the league they play their kids. There is a reason why some coaches never win it all.
People have cycled through so many teams as being the class of the west/league, and mention the Spits as a pat on the back footnote. It's time we embrace the fact that the Spits deserve to be in this discussion, youth be damned. They're a top 5 team in the league right now, and look like contenders.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I don’t want to speak too early, but this teams looking good. As good as Musty is, I’m not quite ready to go for this all in thing… but at the same time, factors such as “will ___ stay”, make me lean towards, if we’re still hot at Christmas, some decisions need to be made.

Christoforo & Nesbitt are standing out as the most progressed from last season. Protas is continuing to impress me. Spellacy is becoming a monster with his speed and grit. It’s going to be a really fun year. I think I had the Spits higher than most as battling for home ice advantage…

Big win over the Steelheads. I wonder if the CHL #1 spot was to try and give the new franchise a bit of a rub to help attendance. As stated, hard situation with the battalion gone and a rival team name, now the team you’re supposed to cheer for.

Have to imagine Froggett gets a start this weekend whether it be tonight or Monday at home.

Hopefully Davis is alright. Didn’t see what happened (or the first period) due to the tech issues.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Really hope they stay cautious on the all in thing. Maybe a soft buy and then next year take the plunge? Would be really disappointed if they waste picks this year and have nothing left next year to support a run. I would be ok if they pick up another 06 or 07 that would be around next year but not a one and done player.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The Erie fans are among the most rude in the league during the game. However, you talk to them between periods, they are very nice people.

Erie's the one place I've been threatened but, having been there 8-10 times now, it's more exception than the rule. It probably helps that I have a few Yuengling before/during, which tends to drown out any other noise haha

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Erie
Froggett gets the start
Not dressed for Windsor,Outwater, Davis and Garden
Add Manzo and Hicks
Spits going with 8D,10F,though they list Winegard upfront.
Garden out because they can't dress 4-16 year olds.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
No Abraham or Davis, gonna be difficult to win this one. Already decimated with 3 key players out.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Hopeful for another solid outing and another win. Need to see Froggett have a good game and push Costanzo.

Solid Otters team and always have a battle when we play in Erie. Need to have a good start and put the otters on their heels and need a solid two way effort tonight from the whole team.

Lets let the good times roll🙏

Go Spitfires!!

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
At least the video feed works at the start of the game tonight.
Better than that horrible feed last nite debacle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad