Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Another game with 11 players recording at least one point. Multi-point nights from several veterans. Costanzo allowed 5on36 but three PPGs doesn't help. I wasn't a big fan of the penalties or of the officiating at times; it felt kind of "I don't care, play on", which is fine sometimes but not at others (like tonight).

I'd love to know what happened with Cristoforo in the second with the neck. I think it was MacDonell who grabbed him. Cristoforo immediately slugs him, which was a penalty, but then Cristo looks at the official and points to his neck. Woodall backs up Cristo. Again, the officials shrug it off and send Cristo off... but someone on here mentioned a chain and that crossed my mind.

Don't look now, but Windsor has four of the OHL's top-15 producers, including the top offensive D-man in Cristoforo. He's also the best plus-minus for in the ENTIRE OHL at +15. Credit given where it's due.

I don't want to mention attendance but under 1,800 at the game. It holds 5,500; that's absurd, especially with the team they've got.

Davis gets hurt early in the game, didn't return. I haven't seen any updated on him but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Windsor heads to Erie tomorrow. The Otters lost at home to NB tonight in a shootout. This game might actually scare me more than Brampton did. The Erie Insurance Arena is a very tough building to get points in; loud, intimidating, and the Otters have zero quit. It's an incredibly fun rink if you're a visiting fan. I've been several times, as recently as January, and it's such a charming city and arena. Honestly, top-3 OHL cities for me. That said, if Windsor wants a point or two, they need to not look ahead to Monday.

As far as Musty goes - they don't need him. I don't even know who you would dangle in front of Sudbury. Nesbitt, Manzo, 2nd 25, 3rd 26, and 4th 27? Remove Manzo and put in Gaymes? The rights to someone? I don't know.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Another game with 11 players recording at least one point. Multi-point nights from several veterans. Costanzo allowed 5on36 but three PPGs doesn't help. I wasn't a big fan of the penalties or of the officiating at times; it felt kind of "I don't care, play on", which is fine sometimes but not at others (like tonight).

I'd love to know what happened with Cristoforo in the second with the neck. I think it was MacDonell who grabbed him. Cristoforo immediately slugs him, which was a penalty, but then Cristo looks at the official and points to his neck. Woodall backs up Cristo. Again, the officials shrug it off and send Cristo off... but someone on here mentioned a chain and that crossed my mind.

Don't look now, but Windsor has four of the OHL's top-15 producers, including the top offensive D-man in Cristoforo. He's also the best plus-minus for in the ENTIRE OHL at +15. Credit given where it's due.

I don't want to mention attendance but under 1,800 at the game. It holds 5,500; that's absurd, especially with the team they've got.

Davis gets hurt early in the game, didn't return. I haven't seen any updated on him but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Windsor heads to Erie tomorrow. The Otters lost at home to NB tonight in a shootout. This game might actually scare me more than Brampton did. The Erie Insurance Arena is a very tough building to get points in; loud, intimidating, and the Otters have zero quit. It's an incredibly fun rink if you're a visiting fan. I've been several times, as recently as January, and it's such a charming city and arena. Honestly, top-3 OHL cities for me. That said, if Windsor wants a point or two, they need to not look ahead to Monday.

As far as Musty goes - they don't need him. I don't even know who you would dangle in front of Sudbury. Nesbitt, Manzo, 2nd 25, 3rd 26, and 4th 27? Remove Manzo and put in Gaymes? The rights to someone? I don't know.
The Erie fans are among the most rude in the league during the game. However, you talk to them between periods, they are very nice people.

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
This is going to be a fun team to follow. There will be some inevitable bumps with a young squad but I really like the job management has done. London and Sag look to be the teams in the West but watch out for the Spits. Unlike many other coaches in the league they play their kids. There is a reason why some coaches never win it all.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This is going to be a fun team to follow. There will be some inevitable bumps with a young squad but I really like the job management has done. London and Sag look to be the teams in the West but watch out for the Spits. Unlike many other coaches in the league they play their kids. There is a reason why some coaches never win it all.
People have cycled through so many teams as being the class of the west/league, and mention the Spits as a pat on the back footnote. It's time we embrace the fact that the Spits deserve to be in this discussion, youth be damned. They're a top 5 team in the league right now, and look like contenders.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $841.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 5