Florida Panthers Roster (looking forward)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Ekblad at 5x5 would be the ideal situation imo. I don’t see him making more than Forsling and preferably no longer than 5yrs. He can certainly get more on the open market as a right handed D that can play on the top pairing, despite his deficiencies. Just a matter of whether he wants more money and possibly more term or to stay

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Ekblad at 5x5 would be the ideal situation imo. I don’t see him making more than Forsling and preferably no longer than 5yrs. He can certainly get more on the open market as a right handed D that can play on the top pairing, despite his deficiencies. Just a matter of whether he wants more money and possibly more term or to stay

Ekbad has played 57 games in a season on average the past five years, slowed down by multiple injuries and has a significant concussion history, needs to play with Forsling to get most out of him, etc.

He can get more than 5x5 in the open market because there's at least few teams that haven't picked up on this info and/or still considers him to be a top RD worthy of ~7mil per.

I'd say that nowadays he's more like a $3.5mil dman who can play ~20mins as long as the team he plays for can tolerate his poor skating ability and, at times, his questionable decision making. I don't think we'll be hearing any rumors about Zito trying to get him re-signed in this season.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I've learned today from reading the main trade board that Bennet can't skate.

Ekblad is not the boogie man that this board paints him out to be. He plays solid defense, and moves the puck well, that's if you pay attention and not just look at any slight to rip him on. His weakness is his skating, which affects his confidence. Which makes him play timid at a times. But overall he's a solid defenseman. I'm looking trying to find all of these defensemen on this team that's better than him. Or better put, hasn't had some of the mistakes that Ekblad has had. I haven't seen hardly any personally.

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
I've learned today from reading the main trade board that Bennet can't skate.

Ekblad is not the boogie man that this board paints him out to be. He plays solid defense, and moves the puck well, that's if you pay attention and not just look at any slight to rip him on. His weakness is his skating, which affects his confidence. Which makes him play timid at a times. But overall he's a solid defenseman. I'm looking trying to find all of these defensemen on this team that's better than him. Or better put, hasn't had some of the mistakes that Ekblad has had. I haven't seen hardly any personally.
FORSY!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad