Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Good stuff . O'Dell has been good for the wolves as well. Coming along nicely

I keep forgetting he was a part of the deal. He wasn't mentioned much here and the 2022 draft class has been so fruitful for Windsor that it's "oh, yeah, we had him, too!" I'm glad he's getting a chance with the Wolves, though. You always hope the prospects get an opportunity, whether it's with your team or someone else.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
At least Joey got recognition.

I know the CHL rankings are nothing but a bit of a marketing ploy off the NCAA, but… how are the 1-3 Knights ranked #10 when 4-0-1 Spitfires aren’t event ranked? Lol.

And the Steelheads are ranked #1, despite just losing 7-3 to the Ice Dogs, who are undefeated

London’s played tougher teams, but they’ve also Lost half the games they played by 3 goals

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
At least Joey got recognition.

I know the CHL rankings are nothing but a bit of a marketing ploy off the NCAA, but… how are the 1-3 Knights ranked #10 when 4-0-1 Spitfires aren’t event ranked? Lol.

And the Steelheads are ranked #1, despite just losing 7-3 to the Ice Dogs, who are undefeated

London’s played tougher teams, but they’ve also Lost half the games they played by 3 goals
They look at where teams are projected to be and not where they are right now and really this list has been a curse for the Spits. As soon as they make the list they lose like 3 in a row! I don't really get that concerned as the only list that matters is the playoff position at the end of the year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's definitely a weird list right now. Should Windsor be in in there? Yes. Does March matter more than now? Yes. Now, if Windsor goes 2-1 or 3-0 this weekend and still gets left out, I'm going to laugh.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Long time in between games with action not starting till Friday, last 3 games best 3 I have seen since before last season.
Despite 2 games of the 3 on the road Spits outscored opponents 22-3,with goalie Joey Costanzo playing all 3 games and his best stretch before last year.
As well during the last 3 games excluding goalies 19 out of 21 skaters had a least a point,only Manzo and Winegard went pointless.
In fact 11/13 forwards averaged a point or more per game while 1 dman out of 6 did the same.
6D had a least a point in this stretch.
Spits went 3-14 on the PP only 21.4% but the PK killed off 14/15 penalties for a 93.3 success rate.
Spits are 3rd in PP effiency and 7th on the PK,last year at this time they were 17th in both categories.
Last year only forward Liam Greentree was averaging a point or more per game,he had 4G,4A ,while this year in 4 games unlike 5 last year has 2G,7A 9 Pts.
This year after 5 games ,11 players,10F,1D are averaging a point or more per game
Last year Spits were 1-4 after 5 games,scored 15 goals and allowed 27,this season same time frame 31GF,12GA,and a 4-0-1-0 record.
Improvement so far very impressive and it's a very young team and the best players for the most part Costanzo and Mathurin notwithstanding very young group.
This week will be a good test
Go Spits Go.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nice to see Windsor have 3 players named to the U17 challenge teams for Canada,only team in the OHL to have 3 guys chosen,4 other OHL teams had 2 players named.
Carter Hicks is playing on 1 Canadian team,while Lemieux and Belchetz are playing the other (White and Red).
With the tournament scheduled for Nov 3 to Nov 9th,probably reporting couple days sooner,I expect by the reports that Outwater should return just before they leave giving Windsor 11F and 7D with the 3 gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Nice to see Windsor have 3 players named to the U17 challenge teams for Canada,only team in the OHL to have 3 guys chosen,4 other OHL teams had 2 players named.
Carter Hicks is playing on 1 Canadian team,while Lemieux and Belchetz are playing the other (White and Red).
Weird that garden isn’t playing for the US

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So I'll call this weekend "reality" weekend. Win all 3 and heads will start to turn. Split the weekend and most will go as suspected middle of the pack team. Lose all 3 and same old Spits will be the chatter.

Any which way you slice it , tough weekend. I do expect competitive games which is nice that we can expect that now.
Team plays good D and Goalies keep them in it, ya never know. Be safe.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Hope to see the good times roll on tonight. Been a heck of a start to the season. Better team game as the games have went on so far and hope to see that continue. Brampton's star goalie is out after a line brawl last weekend against Niagara so i hope that factors into the spits favour.

Joey looks better, but we actually have a coach that likes to plays with structure and more defensively. Hope to see that continue and the physical play keeps up. Night and day so far from last season, exciting and fun team to watch so far this season.

GO SPITS!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad