Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I haven't seen this team take a new identity yet with Walter's coaching. Still same style of game as last year. Yes, we will outscore the opposition most nights until teams tighten up or we hit a hot goalie. Discipline still an issue for the usual suspects. Sure we have 3 of 4 possible points to start on the road looks excellent on the surface. Is Walter's demanding a defensive style? If he is they have not got the memo. Without Mathurin last night, this D will make any goalie on this team look bad. Nothing new, but I believe if Walter's starts holding players on the bench or a night off to think about it, maybe they will take their position seriously.
This stuff will take time. Mathurin can help he can't do it by himself though. He came from a team that prided themselves on good D and leaned into good goaltending. They haven't done that in Windsor recently. What will be interesting is putting a total game together. They weren't good in the 3rd against Saginaw. They weren't good in the 2nd and 3rd against Sarnia. Can they play a solid 3rd game in 4 nights? 3 points is good but their margin for error right now is small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad