Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
London does not draft well. They trade well and develop/ coach well.
If London doesn't draft well I am curious of who you think does and what the difference is? Why can't Windsor do what London does? Unless you think Windsor does draft better?? If you believe the difference is that London has built in advantages other franchises don't utilize/take advantage of or have I can buy that. I don't think you would disagree that the Hunter's have better connections than Bowler. Unfortunately none of that matters just like in college sports players want to go where they can win/develop and hopefully make generational wealth 15-20 years down the line.

I guess in regards to Martin the best example I can use is when the Spitfires were elite they could roster Greenop (nhl pick) and Wallace. We can quibble in regards to need but they served a use on a team that had a lot of talent and they were a luxury to have. After that Bilcke came along and faught 30+ times in one year. That was on a very young team with guys like Rychel/Vail/Ebert/Johnson/Clarke/Bateman/Webermin. Maybe he allowed those guys to play more free but it didn't impact the record as they got swept in round 1 and the year after they missed the playoffs with him still on the roster.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If London doesn't draft well I am curious of who you think does and what the difference is? Why can't Windsor do what London does? Unless you think Windsor does draft better?? If you believe the difference is that London has built in advantages other franchises don't utilize/take advantage of or have I can buy that. I don't think you would disagree that the Hunter's have better connections than Bowler. Unfortunately none of that matters just like in college sports players want to go where they can win/develop and hopefully make generational wealth 15-20 years down the line.

I guess in regards to Martin the best example I can use is when the Spitfires were elite they could roster Greenop (nhl pick) and Wallace. We can quibble in regards to need but they served a use on a team that had a lot of talent and they were a luxury to have. After that Bilcke came along and faught 30+ times in one year. That was on a very young team with guys like Rychel/Vail/Ebert/Johnson/Clarke/Bateman/Webermin. Maybe he allowed those guys to play more free but it didn't impact the record as they got swept in round 1 and the year after they missed the playoffs with him still on the roster.
I think you answered a lot of your own questions. London rarely picks high. But they have the connections to recruit better. Also the over valued trades they make allows them to build picks so they can grab players like Dickinson.

Teams for me that draft well include NB, Brandford/ Hamilton and the Soo. Windsor has been average over the years with drafting but this year picking first and having other trades for high picks has made this a bumper year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad