Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
2024-09-17

London Nationals

Carter Froggett
Carter Froggett (G)
DEL Released to Windsor Spitfires (OHL)

I'm honestly not sure what to think right now. IF it plays out that Froggett is being sent back to London, I'm not a fan of the move and wouldn't be shocked if he was moved. He deserves/d better than this. If anything, move Costanzo for a D or a pick and let Froggett/Windbiel battle it out in a tandem.
Did you read the transaction??? Seems self explanatory.

Reactions: windsor7

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I'm honestly not sure what to think right now. IF it plays out that Froggett is being sent back to London, I'm not a fan of the move and wouldn't be shocked if he was moved. He deserves/d better than this. If anything, move Costanzo for a D or a pick and let Froggett/Windbiel battle it out in a tandem.

it says that hes being released to windsor thou? whats there to figure out?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Hi, see the post below. This is what we're all confused about, hence the comments after.
Dude the only transaction on the Ldn page is him being released to Windsor. It's ok to admit you got confused or were wrong. This is the only transaction for London this year

Screenshot_20240918_161104_Chrome.jpg

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
hi!!!

this is the time that jr b teams release players in order to get their 1500 fee, thats why you see 5/10 players being released to ohl teams, they want to get paid. froggett is one of many that were released today. thats it, thats all, do you think its a fluke that he is released on the same day that sarnia, niagara and owen sound also had guys released, its not that hard to figure out, one team even released a player to jr a for the 1500 fee.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
hi!!!

this is the time that jr b teams release players in order to get their 1500 fee, thats why you see 5/10 players being released to ohl teams, they want to get paid. froggett is one of many that were released today. thats it, thats all, do you think its a fluke that he is released on the same day that sarnia, niagara and owen sound also had guys released, its not that hard to figure out, one team even released a player to jr a for the 1500 fee.

I wasn't aware of other teams having guys released today, I've been away from the computer for much of it.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'm confident with Froggett and Windbiel. So be it. The defense and defensive team structure will be the issue. Brochu came in second year with London and the rest is history. Went from big jump from Dresden Kings to OHL not even Junior B to OHL like Froggett. Constanzo if not 100 % should not even be playing until 100%, especially for preseason games. He has not looked good for more than a game or two in his career. Same with named D. The chances they suddenly turn things around are next to slim ftom ever happening. Bowler likely hopes JC turns solid for a run next year as an overager. Not looking good if I'm wagering.

Reactions: I guard the door

northwest

Apr 21, 2024
I'm confident with Froggett and Windbiel. So be it. The defense and defensive team structure will be the issue. Brochu came in second year with London and the rest is history. Went from big jump from Dresden Kings to OHL not even Junior B to OHL like Froggett. Constanzo if not 100 % should not even be playing until 100%, especially for preseason games. He has not looked good for more than a game or two in his career. Same with named D. The chances they suddenly turn things around are next to slim ftom ever happening. Bowler likely hopes JC turns solid for a run next year as an overager. Not looking good if I'm wagering.
Glad your confident but I think Windbiel is the wrong pick and could use another year of development. Newlove looks much better. I agree with Froggett though. He looks confident and has been moving great. Constanzo better turn things around with these guys on his heels.

Reactions: tomschman

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
From what I've seen so far Froggett is the man, it's time to cut bait on Costanzo and give him a fresh start. He's just not up to snuff. As terrible as our defence has been in front of him at times, he's still not helping things with the shots he lets in routinely. Sometimes you have to just make a save, and it looks like Froggett has the eye of the tiger in him. Costanzo struggles to reach mediocrity and is just another in a long line of Hockey Canada brain farts.

In regards to the defence, it's pretty damn soft. You have some guys with some puck skills back there, but they do nothing to protect the front of the net. Obviously there's work to be done here even when the NHL guys are back, we all know it. I don't think we need to blow the bank on elite guys back there, but we need some big guys who know how to play back to pair with a few of these little fancy pants guys.

Belchetz is a unicorn who is going to tilt the ice for us in the playoffs, I don't think enough is being said about what kind of player he is and what he's capable of doing. This is a guy is going to be a treat.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The 4 forwards who were at NHL rookie camps,Greentree ,Davis(LA Kings),Protas (Washington),Spellacy (Chicago) are all going to their respective teams main camps which open day.
All 3 dman,Christoforo, Walton and Mathurin will be or already returning to Windsor.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The 4 forwards who were at NHL rookie camps,Greentree ,Davis(LA Kings),Protas (Washington),Spellacy (Chicago) are all going to their respective teams main camps which open day.
All 3 dman,Christoforo, Walton and Mathurin will be or already returning to Windsor.
I wonder if any of the 3 D men will be playing tonight? Also the status of Woodall?

Also curious if the league reviews majors in the preseason and issues suspensions from them if warranted?

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I wonder if any of the 3 D men will be playing tonight? Also the status of Woodall?

Also curious if the league reviews majors in the preseason and issues suspensions from them if warranted?
I don't know the D status tonight but can say the league does review majors from preseason games. Last year Quinton Page got 4 games for being the aggressor in a fight during a preseason game

Reactions: ohloutsider

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Glad your confident but I think Windbiel is the wrong pick and could use another year of development. Newlove looks much better. I agree with Froggett though. He looks confident and has been moving great. Constanzo better turn things around with these guys on his heels.
I was referring to Froggett as the tandem instead of Costanzo. I was not questioning Newlove. Windbiel being here was decided in the summer although he has played well especially in his 2nd game. Newlove played 1/2 a game and was sent to Georgetown so those decisions were already made. Likely to see season start with Froggett and JC along with Windbiel dressing and getting in every 3rd or 4th game. There is a minimum games for Windbiel. 20% which rounds up to 14 games of the 68 that he must play. Dressing on the bench does not count towards the total.

Reactions: oldPeng

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad