Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's "who's returning from their camps?" season...

Protas - at Washington's main camp
Spellacy - Chicago's main camp
Mathurin - not listed on Chicago's camp roster
Walton - not listed on Columbus' camp roster.

No word from Ottawa (Cristoforo) or LA (Davis/Greentree).

Update: Ottawa released their camp roster and Cristoforo is not listed.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Sarnia
Not dressed,Windbiel (G),Newlove(G),Eichel(D),Walton (D),Christoforo(D),Mathurin (D),Davis(F)
Greentree (F),Spellacy (F),Protas(F),Lemieux (F).
Costanzo gets the start in goal
Froggett is the backup

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hope he does has played well, has 2G,0A in 2 games so far both shorties,though fellow rookie Ethan Garden-Centre ,has 1G,3A in his 2 games so far,same age as Belchetz except drafted in the 9th round,164th from Little Caesars in Michigan.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't know....looks like the same issues as last season so far tonight.

This game has been eerily similar to last season, a complete 180 from the first couple of preseason games. Is it Costanzo? Is it the team?

It’s only pre season. Judge how the first 10-15 regular season games go first when you have everybody back then make that call.

I'm not sure the leash is that long.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I agree, Costanzo has body language of a defeated goalie. The team had 9-10 days to develop some solid schemes by now. Yes it is preseason but some some old the same bad habits are evident. Support for clearing the zone is poor. Long bomb passes don't work when it is the only option. Back to trying to outscore poor team defense.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I agree, Costanzo has body language of a defeated goalie. The team had 9-10 days to develop some solid schemes by now. Yes it is preseason but some some old the same bad habits are evident. Support for clearing the zone is poor. Long bomb passes don't work when it is the only option. Back to trying to outscore poor team defense.
It's exhibition they gave up 3 goals in 4 minutes which wasn't an uncommon theme last year. Give a look of the players that were on the ice for some of those goals.

thespitslurker

Aug 29, 2024
LMAO how the hell did we win that lol thats funny. Froggett and Chartier played really well tonight I was very impressed by Froggett he locked in during the shootout. Winegard took that stupid penalty but actually redeemed himself at the end lol. Belchetz and Morneau saved our asses with some funny goals too. Kind of a crapshoot game but shit ill take the win lets see how Thursday goes

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad