Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
if it is indeed walters, whih has been the rumour for 6 months, i would love to hear a media member push to know what it absolutely needed to be him and how having 2 guys on the bench who were suspended by governing bodies last year is a good thing?

its not like newbury and walters are championship level coaches.
That would be nice. I just don't get the appeal of Walters. Bowler should be putting his job on the line with this upcoming hire. Just looks like there wasn't much of a coaching search if it is Walters. Three months to make a decision and this is your choice???

Reactions: scokan and oldPeng

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I
That would be nice. I just don't get the appeal of Walters. Bowler should be putting his job on the line with this upcoming hire. Just looks like there wasn't much of a coaching search if it is Walters. Three months to make a decision and this is your choice???
think he was hired before he was suspended to be honest. Newbury and him are best friends, both need chaperones when on the road thou, famous for enjoying the night life.

just seems like a risky hire, again if its true

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Looks like no search. Deja vu

Reactions: OHL 17

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Congratulations Liam. He was expected to be picked by the Kings in multiple mock drafts. As panel said he needs to work on his toughness and back checking bur scoring and leadership top notch!

How early does Spellacy go tomorrow? His late ranking has really jumped after the combine.

How early does Spellacy go tomorrow? His late ranking has really jumped after the combine.

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Congratulations Liam. He was expected to be picked by the Kings in multiple mock drafts. As panel said he needs to work on his toughness and back checking bur scoring and leadership top notch!

You can say that again, lol.

Reactions: HockeyPops

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Greentree to Kings
Love that. Guys a gamer. Has really taken off since wright was there last year and they gelled right away. Greentree has Robertson comparisons. One of my favourite players in the O for sure

Nice to see Greentree picked.
What is surprising for me is they are 26 picks in and no one has been picked from the Q? Bad year for them.
Yeah not a strong year for them. However I do think Masse and Poirier will be steals. I don’t see them being picked until middle of the second round, maybe late seconds.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Spellacy is an elite athlete obviously which teams LOVE, great kid and has some good upside. Could see someone take a chance on him as early as the end of the second, into the third round. I predict he is a late 3rd- early 4th rounder though as he is still pretty raw.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Congrats to Greentree; he's got so much potential, both on and off the ice, and this is only the start. Now, to see who gets selected on Saturday!

Edit: I didn't see the selection on TV but I'm watching one clip right now on Twitter. Apparently, after Smith was fired, the club asked Greentree if he wanted out. "He said no, he wanted to be part of the solution. That tells you what type of kid (LA) is getting here."

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Congrats to Greentree; he's got so much potential, both on and off the ice, and this is only the start. Now, to see who gets selected on Saturday!

Edit: I didn't see the selection on TV but I'm watching one clip right now on Twitter. Apparently, after Smith was fired, the club asked Greentree if he wanted out. "He said no, he wanted to be part of the solution. That tells you what type of kid (LA) is getting here."
link?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Huge mistake Smith being there..

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Great news for Greentree, I'm a huge fan of that kid. He's going to be a player, the puck just follows him around. I'm annoyed my Leafs traded out of a spot to select him but I guess they don't need a big winger with character or something.

Now that we see which euros went in the first round, are any of them likely to be our import pick?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lol BB doesnt ask players ANYTHING. I would love to see the link! Ive seen nothing concrete that says walters has been reinstated. Pretty sure he needs to apply and be granted status. Imho its a mistake even tho im more of an old school guy he takes things to far from my info. Pretty big chance BB!

Reactions: OHL 17 and windsor7

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Great news for Greentree, I'm a huge fan of that kid. He's going to be a player, the puck just follows him around. I'm annoyed my Leafs traded out of a spot to select him but I guess they don't need a big winger with character or something.
I think the leafs did the right thing trading down and getting the type of player the team needs to be better
Now that we see which euros went in the first round, are any of them likely to be our import pick?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Lol BB doesnt ask players ANYTHING. I would love to see the link! Ive seen nothing concrete that says walters has been reinstated. Pretty sure he needs to apply and be granted status. Imho its a mistake even tho im more of an old school guy he takes things to far from my info. Pretty big chance BB!
I imagine he will be reinstated unless it was extremely bad and egregious. If this is the call of the new commish I doubt he wants his first move to be upholding a suspension.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Here's the link. I can't tell if she says "they" (Spitfire) or "the agency" regarding Greentree being asked if he wanted out after Smith's firing. My ears could be off -
Ive seen nothing concrete that says walters has been reinstated.

I've heard his name pop up a few times as the likely person but nothing that said "he's been reinstated."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1