Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
If his hands catch up to his feet , look out

Hockey sense still up for debate.
Since he played Football until the last 2 seasons, he was not a full-time hockey player. As a sophomore, he was critical piece of St Ignatius offense as a wide receiver. St. Ignatius is a top team in Ohio. He was being heavily recruited by NCAA D-I football teams.

Since, he was successful as a wide receiver, I am certain his hands will catch up.

As far as hockey sense, he played for the Cleveland Jr. Barons, a top Ohio team, but hardly the Marlies or Little Caesar's, etc. I also believe that he is coachable and the hockey sense will develop.

With Size, Speed and Snarl, everything else can be taught.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Since he played Football until the last 2 seasons, he was not a full-time hockey player. As a sophomore, he was critical piece of St Ignatius offense as a wide receiver. St. Ignatius is a top team in Ohio. He was being heavily recruited by NCAA D-I football teams.

Since, he was successful as a wide receiver, I am certain his hands will catch up.

As far as hockey sense, he played for the Cleveland Jr. Barons, a top Ohio team, but hardly the Marlies or Little Caesar's, etc. I also believe that he is coachable and the hockey sense will develop.

I was going to mention this but you beat me to it, lol.

Considering how much hockey he has played he is probably much farther ahead in the development curve than most. He will be a steal for whoever picks him in the draft.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

all the skills and positioning within a system can be taught, understood, then improved. The hockey sense, awareness in any sport would already be noticeably present. 'The puck follows him' does not really happen.
Greentree has it.

Last edited:

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
He is still not eligible as per recent article although many teams have asked. He may be setting a future elsewhere from the NHL. Never know, who'd thought Babcock would volunteer at a university to coach lol

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Big surprise about savard lol. Quenvilles status is still no contact. That came from a guy in the show, the nhl wont allow teams to contact him.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
don't think it was that much of a surprise, it's been rumored for weeks..
dont think it was the best of hire considering he didn't do much for the pp with Calgary, enough with the leaf talk though, lol
be interesting in what decision is being made regarding our own HC, are we having to wait until July for this announcement?

Reactions: oldPeng

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
The Langlois clan are the family his sister married into. We Lived a few doors down for a long time. Great to see him win it, so deserved! Paul literally breathes hockey. Another person with a Windsor connection having great success in hockey. Something about this town that produces some very successful hockey people!

Great win for Paul Maurice last night. In his on ice interview he thanked the Langlois clan from Lasalle who I assume were his billets when he was here. Class act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad