Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Wow the Spitfires are dominant right now. They now lead the OHL in goals per game. Wyatt Johnston is going to win the OHL scoring title considering he has several games in hand on the two players in front of him (Coe, and Petrov). Johnston having one of the best seasons in team history and will finish with more points than Spezza, Wellwood, Hall did in their best seasons. Johnston is on pace for about 125 points. At this point it's not unrealistic he's in the NHL next year.

Regarding trades, they won't trade Miedema. Add another Solid D man and they should be able to finish 1st in the conference.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I am happy with Medina in goal. My only reservation is his health. I was very disappointed in Onuska's performance today. Not sure if we give up on him after 8 minutes or so, and I prefer not to give up Downey. So goal is a tough one for me.

I would like to upgrade an import. Someone may want to take a chance on Baisov since he is only 17.

Reactions: member 71782

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Big game. Sure you didn’t have to fight off the fans, but picking up 4 points after an 11 bus ride is a good weekend. I’m excited for this team, and I may be one of the few that likes the team as is.

I like Medina, but I’d upgrade if we could. However, I don’t see a goalie worth acquiring right now that provides enough of an increase in value to make it worth it.

small sample size we have on Onuska, but as of right now I’d take the two picks and Downey backing up.

I don’t think anything happens. Henault, Perrott, DeAngelis, Ribau, Renwick, Sobolev is a solid 6 I’m content with, with Ride and Jodoin as 7th D options.

Scoring hasn’t been a problem, I wouldn’t change anything big after this weekend.

Excited for the deadline to pass, so we can go back to complaining about how Windsor can’t fill their seats ;)

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Wow the Spitfires are dominant right now. They now lead the OHL in goals per game. Wyatt Johnston is going to win the OHL scoring title considering he has several games in hand on the two players in front of him (Coe, and Petrov). Johnston having one of the best seasons in team history and will finish with more points than Spezza, Wellwood, Hall did in their best seasons. Johnston is on pace for about 125 points. At this point it's not unrealistic he's in the NHL next year.

Regarding trades, they won't trade Miedema. Add another Solid D man and they should be able to finish 1st in the conference.
If anyone in Dallas is reading this board, he is overated and very lucky. I do think he will be NHL caliber but not until 2023 - 2024. LOL

member 71782

I just think there are not enough quality minutes available unless it is. D

Fair enough but as you know there are some that think there are not enough quality minutes on D either.
Myself is there's more than enough available up font and on D it's just people's opinions and willingness to make the moves.

Reactions: Cherrydon

member 71782

Finally have the 3rd in 2023 owed to Hamilton resolved. Windsor held the KIT 3rd 2023 from the Logan Stanley trade which Hamilton just traded as part of the package for McTavish.

Up to date picks.

PRIORITY SELECTION DRAFT PICKS
YEARRND 1RND 2RND 3RND 4RND 5RND 6RND 7RND 8RND 9RND 10RND 11RND 12RND 13RND 14RND 15
2022> WSR 1ST> OS 2ND (McDonald/Ladd Trade)> WSR 3RD> ERI 4TH (MacDougall Trade) ---> WSR 6TH> WSR 7TH> WSR 8TH> WSR 9TH> WSR 10TH> WSR 11TH> WSR 12TH> WSR 13TH> WSR 14TH ---
2023> WSR 1ST> OTT 2ND (DiPietro Trade)> KGN 3RD (Vilardi/Day Trade)
>SOO 3RD (McDonald/Ladd Trade)
> OSH 4TH (CONDITIONAL) (McDonald/Ladd Trade) ---> WSR 6TH
> FLT 6TH (Pitre Trade)
> NB 6TH (Stevens Trade)
> WSR 7TH> WSR 8TH> WSR 9TH> WSR 10TH> WSR 11TH> WSR 12TH> WSR 13TH> WSR 14TH> FLT 15TH (Pitre Trade)
2024> WSR 1ST> KIT 2ND (Stanley Trade)> BAR 3RD (Luchuk Trade) ---> HAM 5TH (Staois Trade) ---> WSR 7TH> WSR 8TH> WSR 9TH> WSR 10TH> WSR 11TH ---> WSR 13TH> WSR 14TH> WSR 15TH
2025> WSR 1ST> KGN 2ND (Vilardi/Day Trade)> SBY 3RD (Robinson Trade)> WSR 4TH ---> WSR 6TH> WSR 7TH> WSR 8TH> WSR 9TH> WSR 10TH> WSR 11TH> WSR 12TH> WSR 13TH> WSR 14TH> WSR 15TH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Why do you think he is better then what we have?

In the game we've played against him, I've always been impressed with his performance. He strikes me as an X-factor, if you will. Do I think he's worth giving up a ton for? No. Do I think he's an upgrade that could benefit us? Yes.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I thought about him and he seems inconsistent, as inconsistent as Medina. Don't know if it would be an upgrade.

How is Medina inconsistent
In his last 9 appearances, 1 in relief today where he played 45 minutes he has allowed 19 goals and 6 were in the game at Kitchener when Spits had 8 guys out.
He has lost once on the road since Oct 23 and that was the game in Kitchener
His record since Oct 23 is 8-1-0-0
There is no need for a goalie upgrade.
He is now tied for 5th best goalie in average at 2.82,he was 3.89 Oct 23
His save percentage now .901.
The PK also since that date with him in goal is 90%,unlike the others who have tended goal.
These numbers dont lie,they tell a huge story especially since Oct 23.

member 71782

In his last 9 appearances, 1 in relief today where he played 45 minutes he has allowed 19 goals and 6 were in the game at Kitchener when Spits had 8 guys out.
The PK also since that date with him in goal is 90%,unlike the others who have tended goal.

Yes, fewer yhan 10 games makes him a goaltending God. You're right! How could I be such a blind fool not to see the purity of your numbers.

He's had a 9 game stretch in his careercwith consistently solid numbers, that's it, nothing more. When he's got 40 games in this year where the numbers match up like these 9 do I'll believe he's consistent but until then a short stretch over his 2 year career is nice to see a job well done but in 2 years of never being consistent it does not all of a sudden make him consistent.

The good thing is he's trending in the right direction and that's what matters at the moment.

A month and a half ago I would have wanted to see an upgrade on Medina. With two cards left, three goalies on cards it's a bit late to add a fourth to the team. Now we hope Medina keeps trending in this direction, the other two come into form and the last two cards get put to better use.

member 71782

I'm not the one suggesting a goalie upgrade either.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
In the game we've played against him, I've always been impressed with his performance. He strikes me as an X-factor, if you will. Do I think he's worth giving up a ton for? No. Do I think he's an upgrade that could benefit us? Yes.
I don’t see him as being any different then what we have. Cajan is good but he isn’t really an upgrade. I really hope you basing your opinion on more then just Windsor games against him.

Reactions: ohloutsider

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So who kept pushing the goalie upgrade?? Some on here have been on about it forever. There’s very few available any better and at what cost??? Yea we gotta hope he stays healthy but truly we have a rookie year and a short year plus this year to rate him. Passable that’s what he is. Not likely to steal a game but better than most others. Great weekend for sure, like I said I’m not worried about scoring. I still get a D man if available again not for a kings ransom either!! To early to tell if this is what to expect or this was an aberration but I like what I’ve seen. Other than Onusca but let’s give him some time too. He prolly still has that ugly green gear on!!! I still think London’s goalie is a problem, he has windsors number!! Fingers crossed there’s another move coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad