Prospect Info: William Trudeau, LHD, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL) - 4th round 113th pick overall

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Surprised that they didn’t sent him back to the Q at the start of the season as he never was out in a #1 D role there.

Probably the season-ending injury to Fairbrother have fast tracked his development to the pros. I’ve catch the last few games of the Rocket and he looks pretty good out there.

dgeezus

Aug 26, 2011
Saw him the other night. Played on the first PP unit and looked good. You can see the talent when he has the puck. Cant say anything about his defensive play though.

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Saw him the other night. Played on the first PP unit and looked good. You can see the talent when he has the puck. Cant say anything about his defensive play though.

He's solid defensively. It doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on.

When you consider where Trudeau was at the start of the year and where he is now, within a few months, he's taken big steps on both ends of the ice. I like him also because he isn't afraid of the physicality.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
I was impressed with his training camp. Above-average puck skills for sure. He has enough to make it as a bottom-pairing guy in my view even though it will be hard to carve a spot on the habs' blueline in the next few years. Still very young, hopefully he gains some pounds to go along with his physicality and keep up the progress.

Reactions: Sagikev and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was impressed with his training camp. Above-average puck skills for sure. He has enough to make it as a bottom-pairing guy in my view even though it will be hard to carve a spot on the habs' blueline in the next few years. Still very young, hopefully he gains some pounds to go along with his physicality and keep up the progress.
He didn't stink out the joint that is for sure.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

He's a bit of a tweener who doesn't have any stand out abilities but does alot of things well. With his average skating and below average size and the fact that he is left handed it is hard to see much of a future as a permanent fixture on a contending team but he may very well carve out a career as a bottom pair journeyman. He may prove to be great depth as a 6th, 7th D so I would definitely try and keep him around.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's a bit of a tweener who doesn't have any stand out abilities but does alot of things well. With his average skating and below average size and the fact that he is left handed it is hard to see much of a future as a permanent fixture on a contending team but he may very well carve out a career as a bottom pair journeyman. He may prove to be great depth as a 6th, 7th D so I would definitely try and keep him around.
Bruno Gervais style

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Due to call-ups, and injuries, he is playing in the first pairing, and first power play. I was at two of the last three games, and I can say, he looked good.

Reactions: bopeep

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Given what he has done since given the chance, at just 20 years old, I have a hard time understanding how some can strongly say that his ceiling is bottom pairing. The same people would have said in November that he had no real future in the NHL. Some seem to easily forget that player progression and maturation is often hard to predict, especially for these kind of players coming a bit out of nowhere. RHP if he can continue in the same way he is ding now will be another example of that, and he is 24. Look at Kovacevic, he is 25. Again, Trudeau is only 20, a young 20, his birthday is in November. I am not saying he will become a good top-4, all I say is let's wait.

Ad

Ad

Ad