Player Discussion William Nylander

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I watched the episode featuring the Leafs & Bruins. Pretty cool to learn more about Willy.

I had no idea he was such good friends with Pasta when they played in Sweden. You can be competitive enemies on the ice and remain friends in real life.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I liked what Willy said, but if you’re suffering as bad as they told us from a migraine how are you having people over while you’re watching the game?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I liked what Willy said, but if you’re suffering as bad as they told us from a migraine how are you having people over while you’re watching the game?

I've had migraines where I can't see clearly. I can use a computer and see the screen, just that along with the screen I have a kaleidoscope of visions in my eyes. I usually don't watch tv at the time, although I uncomfortably could, but I don't have 80-90 mile an hour pucks to worry about. Nor is anyone going to come up behind me and crush me into my computer screen. (At least not yet...)

I know other people who suffer migraines who physically cannot get out of bed, and these episodes have kept them out of work for weeks. And these are IT colleagues, who aren't in danger of being injured.

Migraines are not "just a headache".

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
When I get migraines (they don’t hurt as bad as some) my vision is so bad I can’t read. Screens like tvs and such are no dice, just a blur. I end up having to stay in a dark room or just go to bed early. I’m quite useless. No idea how he could watch the game, as he described similar symptoms, but everyone will be affected differently I guess.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Going all out for the 100 points and the 70 goals may have cost them what should have been an easy win. The coach allowed Matthews to take a 2 and 1/2 minute shift in game 81 or 82.
In hindsight, it was a bad move but at the time, you can’t fault the players or coaches.
Hopefully, it is a lesson that these guys learned.
Playoffs Wins matters more than personal stats.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
All I saw was Nylander say this in the direction of Mitch and Auston, with those two looking dejected and staring into the abyss.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Going all out for the 100 points and the 70 goals may have cost them what should have been an easy win. The coach allowed Matthews to take a 2 and 1/2 minute shift in game 81 or 82.
That is the kind of stuff we need to get out of our mentality. We should have been prepping for the playoffs in the last 20 Games and if AM got the 70...he got the 70...but we looked like a peewee team trying to feed him the puck and threw whatever little bit of structure out the window....It has to stop...we need to think of only 1 record...our playoff record...that's it.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
That is the kind of stuff we need to get out of our mentality. We should have been prepping for the playoffs in the last 20 Games and if AM got the 70...he got the 70...but we looked like a peewee team trying to feed him the puck and threw whatever little bit of structure out the window....It has to stop...we need to think of only 1 record...our playoff record...that's it.

Marner sat out at 99 points the year before but he’s public enemy number 1 this past off season.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
We all know what happened. Matthews and Marner weren't happy Nylander went off script and Nylander answered back.
Heat of the moment stuff but people will twist it to whatever fits.
Yeah for sure, we both knew that as well as a few others, but as usual the usual suspects were trying hard to spin it, in that Mitch was getting dressed down by both 88 and 34 because he wasn't trying, he was whining and/or crying or both instead of 88 telling both(?) of them to straighten up and fly right.

Still saw an article trying to make Mitch the whipping boy on it. Some of the people in this town who want people to call them journalists when all they are is rumour mongers and poor ones at that is unreal.

Reactions: Confucius

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Marner sat out at 99 points the year before but he’s public enemy number 1 this past off season.
Sat out? He was doing everything to try and score against the rangers in the final game if I can recall correctly. He missed an empty net a couple of times at the end...Willy got his 40th that game. When did MM sit out?

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
In retrospect they should.have wrapped the core in bubble wrap with a couple games left in the season.

I remember people getting angry here that the team wasn't going full out with those last few games too. The NBA/NFL wouldn't think twice about prioritizing rest with the guys who matter most in the post season
This is why I stopped playing NBA fantasy. Come semi-finals my whole roster has an "out" tag.

But it makes sense. Just can't waste money on tickets in those final games. 1 million bucks to watch Holmberg as 1C

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Sat out? He was doing everything to try and score against the rangers in the final game if I can recall correctly. He missed an empty net a couple of times at the end...Willy got his 40th that game. When did MM sit out?
Sat out game 81 while at 99 points. It's always been team over individual.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Willie was probably upset that the Bruins were beginning to take Marner out of the series and wanted him to quit whining.
If you watch the Swayman and Tkachuk episode you hear first hand from the players stating that’s one of their goals, and it appears it works on guys like Marner and to an extent Matthews.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Marner is public enemy number 1 it's because the last two playoff series we played (which ended our last two seasons), he sucked in both of them.

Good question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad