Player Discussion William Nylander

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I watched the episode featuring the Leafs & Bruins. Pretty cool to learn more about Willy.

I had no idea he was such good friends with Pasta when they played in Sweden. You can be competitive enemies on the ice and remain friends in real life.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
The stop crying bro looks like it was directed at both Matthew's and Marner as he followed it with "you guys keep crying about shit and that's the problem" Shoot the puck was definitely at Marner though

Reactions: Roo and 1specter

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Willie definitely has a level of intensity 'in game' that I didn't know he had. It's very different from how he conducts himself off the ice. I respect the hell out of it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I liked what Willy said, but if you’re suffering as bad as they told us from a migraine how are you having people over while you’re watching the game?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I wondered if it happened before end of season, but going for 100 points ...
Going all out for the 100 points and the 70 goals may have cost them what should have been an easy win. The coach allowed Matthews to take a 2 and 1/2 minute shift in game 81 or 82.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I liked what Willy said, but if you’re suffering as bad as they told us from a migraine how are you having people over while you’re watching the game?

I've had migraines where I can't see clearly. I can use a computer and see the screen, just that along with the screen I have a kaleidoscope of visions in my eyes. I usually don't watch tv at the time, although I uncomfortably could, but I don't have 80-90 mile an hour pucks to worry about. Nor is anyone going to come up behind me and crush me into my computer screen. (At least not yet...)

I know other people who suffer migraines who physically cannot get out of bed, and these episodes have kept them out of work for weeks. And these are IT colleagues, who aren't in danger of being injured.

Migraines are not "just a headache".

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
When I get migraines (they don’t hurt as bad as some) my vision is so bad I can’t read. Screens like tvs and such are no dice, just a blur. I end up having to stay in a dark room or just go to bed early. I’m quite useless. No idea how he could watch the game, as he described similar symptoms, but everyone will be affected differently I guess.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Going all out for the 100 points and the 70 goals may have cost them what should have been an easy win. The coach allowed Matthews to take a 2 and 1/2 minute shift in game 81 or 82.
In hindsight, it was a bad move but at the time, you can’t fault the players or coaches.
Hopefully, it is a lesson that these guys learned.
Playoffs Wins matters more than personal stats.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
All I saw was Nylander say this in the direction of Mitch and Auston, with those two looking dejected and staring into the abyss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad