Player Discussion William Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think Willy will be excited and have some great performances. Playing in the four nations and the Worlds in Sweden could make for a memorable year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Let's hope we can get first half of 23/24 Nylander, the pre-contract version, for the playoffs this year.

Reactions: ACC1224

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'd be happy with either version as long as it doesn't have migraines that keep it out of the lineup.

The post-contract version was still our best player in that series.
As much as I want our guys to dominate in the playoffs. I just have that feeling someone will use playing in the 4 Nations Cup as an excuse for our boys to choke again in the playoffs.

Really hope I am wrong.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Styles>Mitch

I like his skill set better.

Puck handling
Speed
Shot
Balanced goal scoring and play making ability
Zone Entry
Clutch Performer
Took some hits to make plays in the PO.

Not a 360 degree force out there but not many players are.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Truth? You can't handle the truth!

Nylander would concede — we find Toronto's mic'd-up No. 88 fully engaged in the battle well before he rips Mitch Marner in the heat of action.

He demands a teammate to "give me the f------ puck." He glares hard enough to pierce lasers through that tinted visor of his. And he commands a Leafs defenceman to be ready for the, uh, freakin' one-timer off an O-zone draw.

"F-----' shoot it. Stop f-----' cryin', bro. This is the f-----' issue. You guys f-----' b---- about s---. Let's f-----' go!"

you guys! he says you guys, talking to both of them

hope this puts all the myths to bed that support the narrative some of you drive

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1727978100777.png

😍

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Truth? You can't handle the truth!

you guys! he says you guys, talking to both of them

hope this puts all the myths to bed that support the narrative some of you drive
We all know what happened. Matthews and Marner weren't happy Nylander went off script and Nylander answered back.
Heat of the moment stuff but people will twist it to whatever fits.

• Haha

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Did he actually have dinner with Pastrnak during the playoffs?
No, it was late in the season because the two talked about potentially playing each other in the playoffs.

I didn't know I could become a bigger Nylander fan but I am now. Time to give 88 an A, saying to 34 and 16 what every leaf fan has wanted to for the past half decade.

• Love

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nowhere do we feel it more, though, than in Nylander's bench command as a pivotal Game 4 slips away and Marner's chucks his gloves in frustration.

Nylander, captured on mic: "F-----' shoot it. Stop f-----' cryin', bro. This is the f-----' issue. You guys f-----' b---- about s---. Let's f-----' go!"

So this is what was said.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Nowhere do we feel it more, though, than in Nylander's bench command as a pivotal Game 4 slips away and Marner's chucks his gloves in frustration.

Nylander, captured on mic: "F-----' shoot it. Stop f-----' cryin', bro. This is the f-----' issue. You guys f-----' b---- about s---. Let's f-----' go!"

So this is what was said.
exactly put to bed the other theories that are going around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad