Player Discussion William Nylander

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
LMAO just saw this on twitter :laugh:

GPbQvCvbUAAZHxK

Now that I've seen Nylander with his shirt off I can understand why he plays the way he does.

I'd be ducking hits if I was him too. I kinda feel like my girlfriend felt the first time she saw me naked. She expected to see more too.

The problems with Nylander are multiple.

He's lazy and refuses to perform even the most basic of defensive responsibilities. He doesn't support down low instead prefering to float along the blue line. He's always the first to blow the zone and the last one to return on the back check.

He's as one dimensional as a string.

At first I thought it was the player. Then I thought it was the coach. Then I went back to thinking it was the player again.

And now that I've seen him with his shirt off I can understand why.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Now that I've seen Nylander with his shirt off I can understand why he plays the way he does.

I'd be ducking hits if I was him too. I kinda feel like my girlfriend felt the first time she saw me naked. She expected to see more too.

The problems with Nylander are multiple.

He's lazy and refuses to perform even the most basic of defensive responsibilities. He doesn't support down low instead prefering to float along the blue line. He's always the first to blow the zone and the last one to return on the back check.

At first I thought it was the player. Then I thought it was the coach. Then I went back to thinking it was the player again.

And now that I've seen him with his shirt off I can understand why.
Those are Crosby legs though. Willy ain't one dimensional, he's a dual threat - great stuff.

Reactions: arso40

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You seem to have a lot in common. He as a player, you as a players analyst.;)

He has a contract he wont live up to, we know and understand that. But bare in mind Tavares and Marner has had similar contracts 5-6 years , an Nylander been better then Tavares and not miles away from Marner. So in Leafland it is a fair contract. In NHL land , none of them are.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Guentzel 9x7
Reinhart 8x8.625
Larkin 8x8.7
Meier 8x8.8

Nylander 8x11.5

One of these f***ers is not like the others. Welcome cancer 2.0 (JT 2.0)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Guentzel 9x7
Reinhart 8x8.625
Larkin 8x8.7
Meier 8x8.8

Nylander 8x11.5

One of these f***ers is not like the others. Welcome cancer 2.0 (JT 2.0)
He outperformed all of them in less ice time, while dragging JT around.

But yes, our pay scale is badly skewed, thanks to Dubas.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nylander isn't significantly better than those guys. He's a secondary player making best in the world type of money.

To be fair when he signed the deal he was on a best in the world pacing. In January he was just at 120 points, and within reach of breaking the Gilmour franchise high. But of course fizzled out once the contract was signed. Still out of all the Big 4 he’s probably still the most likeable.

Reactions: notDatsyuk
Oct 18, 2010
To be fair when he signed the deal he was on a best in the world pacing. In January he was just at 120 points, and within reach of breaking the Gilmour franchise high. But of course fizzled out once the contract was signed. Still out of all the Big 4 he’s probably still the most likeable.

For 37 games, and then he signed and returned to normal. They buy high and sell low (if they sell at all). This team is a joke.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For 37 games, and then he signed and returned to normal. They buy high and sell low (if they sell at all). This team is a joke.

The organization seems to be constantly held hostage at every level from Kyle Dubas careerism to Auston Matthews record setting and unusual contracts, Nylander's temporary UFA parade, Marner's perpetual resentment to Rasmus Sandin and Nick Robertson demanding this and that. Perhaps the "bet on yourself" culture that Shanahan and Dubas instilled is not the way to build an organization, develop people and instill loyalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad