Speculation: Will the Boston Bruins Go Big In Free Agency???

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You would think Swayman is about 7....new center maybe 7 ish? new winger or jake 6.5...You desperately need a LD who can get the puck out crisply (wotherspoon is not it) and that's what 3-4? Money goes quick. Ullmark money off the books I guess but will it be replaced with a salary coming in? Or draft picks?
I think Swayman is more like $8.5M. Could be even higher.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
sadly I agree 100% you are generally very close with these so that's scary.

I like Sweeney but I trust what comes out of his mouth like I trust a defense attorney at a press conference.
Honestly he's had an incredible three year run with wins on deals and signings. The deadline stuff was masterful last year, players let him down. His bargain signings this year were very good. Summer of 2022 he signed a future Vezina winning goalie.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I think Sweeney already said he in fact "will not go big" and was interested in finding secondary scoring to help with his apparently already elite primary scoring on the roster.
It's tough to get a better goal scorer than Pastrnak. How about going better than what he had last year for centers. FA or trade. At least a center and top 6 winger. Something other than center by committee.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Probably. A good comp is Rask who signed his deal when he was about Swayman’s age and stature for 10.89% of the cap. With next year’s cap at $88M, that would be about $9.5M.

Bruins had enough doubts to bring him to arb and then to choose the one year option for his award. They took a conservative approach and now they are going to likely have to pay full market value as a result. That’s just how these things work.

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Probably. A good comp is Rask who signed his deal when he was about Swayman’s age and stature for 10.89% of the cap. With next year’s cap at $88M, that would be about $9.5M.

Bruins had enough doubts to bring him to arb and then to choose the one year option for his award. They took a conservative approach and now they are going to likely have to pay full market value as a result. That’s just how these things work.
It wasn’t doubts. It was cap trouble. Choosing the one year kept the AAV down as much as they could.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Sweeney already said he in fact "will not go big" and was interested in finding secondary scoring to help with his apparently already elite primary scoring on the roster.

His Top 3 targets should be in no particular order - Guentzel, Stamkos, and Marchessault. His primary focus if he's going shopping should be to get one of these 3 players. Primary scorers.

Instead, he's going to go to the 2nd tier where the secondary scorers and complimentary players are and pay Elias Lindholm a boatload of money and term to do the job Charlie Coyle is already doing adequately.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
His Top 3 targets should be in no particular order - Guentzel, Stamkos, and Marchessault. His primary focus if he's going shopping should be to get one of these 3 players. Primary scorers.

Instead, he's going to go to the 2nd tier where the secondary scorers and complimentary players are and pay Elias Lindholm a boatload of money and term to do the job Charlie Coyle is already doing adequately.
I laughed at this because it’s probably true.

Reactions: BruinDust

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If they're getting a 1C it's going to have to come via trade. There is no true 1C available in the UFA market.

Don't have the assets to outbid for a 1C .

Get wingers who can score, like Guntzel add/or Rienhart.

Reactions: BruinDust

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Nope. The organization is perfectly content to just make the playoffs and get bounced in the first or second rounds. The roster is fine for that.

Imagine if the Jacobs cared about the Bruins 10% as much as Wyc and co care about the Celtics.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad