Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
1728102389665.png

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
No he isn't. But Gretzky is. Just be interesting to see how Ovi would treat it. And then if Bedard beats Matthews record, I doubt he would be dignified as well.
That’s fair. I can’t really see Ovi accepting the record in an undignified fashion though. He may have been brazen and a showman in his early years, but he’s really matured over the course of his career.

Edit: And while I was having a go at Matthews, I wouldn’t imagine he would accept such an accomplishment without class either. I think it would take a guy like Nail Yakupov to truly turn it into a disrespectful occasion.

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Father Time comes for us all.

Ovi is going to fall well short this year and pull off a Brett Hull 2004/5 start to to the season next year .

(Brett Hull with Phoenix after the lockout retired quickly when the legs were not there anymore)

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Why are everybody so negative towards Matthews breaking the all time goals record?! It's already pretty much a done deal that Ovechkin will break Gretzky's record so the new talking topic will be if Matthews can break Ovechkin's goal record. Matthews is now 29 goals ahead of Ovechkin's total at the same age and Ovechkin only put up 32 goals in his 27 year old season. That means that Matthews might very well be 60+ goals ahead of Ovechkin at the same age after this season. Matthews is in a very good spot to compete for the all time record with scoring being so high and physicality being at an all time low...

Reactions: HabzSauce

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I think the real question here is, do people want him to break it and how do you feel about it. As a big Gretzky fan like many, grew up with 80's hockey. I'm pulling for Ovechkin to break it, Canadian pride aside, it's good for the game. Besides Gretzky held back and focused on assists, he could have had many more goals and put this out of reach.

I am hoping Ovie trained hard and will avoid the slow start he ha lasy year. I want to see him break it in style on his own terms and not limp into it and hang on too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad