Will Ovechkin break Wayne Gretzky's all-time goal record this upcoming season? He needs 42 goals

Will Ovechkin break Wayne Gretzky's all-time goal record this upcoming season? He needs 42 goals

• Total voters

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I think the additions of Chychrun, Roy, and Mangiapane should help. I think he gets in stride early this season and keeps it going. He's pretty much their main shooter.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
Obviously he's close enough that he might, and far enough away that he might not. So, wouldn't be any surprise either way.

If he scores like he did in the 2nd half, or so, of last season, or in the two seasons before that, then he should have a really good chance.

But he's getting up there in age, so he might decline a bit.

But a very good chance to do it next season or the following season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Have you guys seen how out of shape he is? No.

The only takeaway from that should be that he is a candidate to become a blimp in retirement.

If you've seen pictures of byfuglien in the offseason when he was still an active player, you'll be amazed, but he was still a force once the puck dropped.

Crow

May 19, 2014
The only takeaway from that should be that he is a candidate to become a blimp in retirement.

If you've seen pictures of byfuglien in the offseason when he was still an active player, you'll be amazed, but he was still a force once the puck dropped.
Yeah I have seen those but I don’t remember which off-season that was. He was always a bit of a heavy set guy too. I guess I should take more of a wait and see attitude but he has shaken my confidence in his dedication to the game and pursuit of this record.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He was a below-replacement player in the playoffs already, won't be long before he's that in the regular season as well. Might need 3 seasons or more to hit 42.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad