Speculation: Will Nichushkin stay in Colorado or go?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Pretty sure suspended players still have the full cap hit count against the team cap for the full season. The team doesn't get any relief because one of their players breaks the rules
This is incorrect. Nuke’s cap hit will be calculated based on the amount of days he is on the team. He’s going to miss about 20% of the regular season days. Therefore his 6.125M dollar cap hit will only be applied for 80% of the games. No different than how a trade deadline acquisition is calculated.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Kane for Nichuskin, Oilers can deal with off ice issues like everyone else they take in
Nope, don’t want Kane Val’s the far superior player

From what I can find, the Players Assistance program has a rule that if the player is expected to miss more than 10 games and 24 days, like Nuke is, they can be put on LTIR for cap relief.
He’s suspended which forfeits the salary , putting him on LTIR he gets paid. No?

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
He either comes back knowing he won’t get another contract like this so he’s on his best behaviour and plays above the value of his contract, or he messes up again resulting in contract termination and then heads either to the K or Edmonton.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Stays unless he fails the physical testing.
1722954588490.png

He's not failing any physical tests.

Reactions: lawrence

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The LTIR stuff is not relevant in Nuke's case. He's not just in the PAP, he's also suspended without pay. Thus, no impact on cap.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Nuke for laine with some retention. A problematic fin for a problematic russian
I wouldn't call Laine problematic so much. From all account he sounds like a good guy/teammate that just has some problems. I suppose the same could be said about Nuke, but honestly I don't know. I haven't really paid much attention to him and what he has been struggling through.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Shane Diesel

Mods are corporate stooges
Jun 8, 2021
The LTIR stuff is not relevant in Nuke's case. He's not just in the PAP, he's also suspended without pay. Thus, no impact on cap.
Yes, according to PuckPedia this seems to be correct.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers want everyone with baggage. Send him over

If the situation eventually unfolds with a contract , Oilers would definitely be a team to target him on a short show me deal like with Kane. They wouldn’t/couldn’t touch his 6 year contract he currently has.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Nuke is a player you win a cup with honestly I’m taking a healthy motivated Nuke in playoffs over Marner or Kaprizov as a leafs fan.

I think if Columbus were offered Laine for him it’d be worth the risk worst case he relapses and they gain 8mil in cap space. Best case Guadreau-Monahan-Nuke all rejuvenate eachother.

Reactions: MaKarter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad