Will Marner have a career year in 24/25?

Will Marner have a career year in 24/25?

• Yes

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 12 11.3%

• Total voters

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Good that we can now agree it wasn’t me who was spewing the crap.

yes. That’s what I’m saying. A large portions of Leafs fans eat up the TMLSE spin every time. And when the Leafs media tell the fans to like Marner again the 180 will happen again. All I’m saying is Leaf’s fans will be happy at the end of the day.

Again, good example. Not many outside Leafs nation believed in the whole new way of paying young players. I bet you were told that by dozens of posters. You were told Dubas got taken to the wood shed by Tavares, Marner, Nylander x 2, and Matthews x2. it wasn’t just the overpay it was also the under term. TMLSE sends their media out to put the good word out in exchange for their salaries and access to the team and the fans nod along like they are hypnotized agreeing with everything.

To be fair more Leaf’s fans seem to be coming around more and more to what fans outside the market have been saying for years. The big contracts are too big. The roster is poorly balanced. There is something wrong with these big contracts when the playoffs come around. But let’s not pretend it’s always been this way. But as you say you can’t lose your shit so most of those fan will fall back in line with a great 30-40 games from Marner next year. The “Insiders” Will do their job and convince them 12m+ long term is a sweetheart deal, just like they convinced them those big contracts weren’t bad, it was just the new way of doing things. You have to admit at this point it must feel silly believing that one.

At the end of the day we will see how things go. But I’ve seen this story play out in Leafs land so many times with the Shannahan regime I’m just taking the odds that things will continue has they have for years. Marner will have a big year, get his big contract and Leafs fans will be happy.
well yeah you kinda were right and wrong. right from the beginning there were alot of people who bitched about it. not every leafs fan was on baord. I was ALOT more positive about this team till around losing to MTL with a 3-1 series lead.

I have 100% flipped flopped from wanting to keep him to maybe move Marner. Ive thought for a while the core had to be broken up and every year Marner in the playoffs gives reason for him to be the oddman out.

I actually thought Tavares in the beginning was a good signing, I didnt expect the flat cap era for 4 years and for the kids to sign as much or more.

there's alot to reply to here though sorry if I miss some.

and we already know how things will go. nothing will change with this team. they need a new core and a new direction. I dunno some heart can go a long way. but remember the early 00's Sundin teams. which was filled with heart they would DESTROY this Leafs roster imo

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It would be awesome.

Then the Leafs cave like with Nylander and give him 13 M * 8 y, and lose in the first round.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
It depends.
If he signs before the season he will have an average season. If he doesn't sign he will have a career year.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I doubt it will be much different than any other year. PPG will be about the same, just depends on if he can play a full 82 games.
If he does, I'd expect around 110 - 120 points.
120 points would be 20% more than his best year ever... That is a big difference

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00