Will Cory Schneider eventually win the Vezina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I'm willing to bet anyone on this site that Schneider will win the Vezina sometime over the next 4 years.
Let me repeat myself, and I'll bold it for you and increase the font size so there is no chance you will overlook it

I will bet you cash or make an avatar bet, your choice.

Again - I will bet anyone on this site that he will win a Vezina within 4 years.

Even though yours truly won't be able to collect on this bet for 4 years

... and the average cyberlifetime of a poster is less than 4 years

... I figure what the heck, I'll do it!

Someone has to challenge outrageous statements.

And we have to get through the dog days of summer somehow...

Avatar bet for an entire off-season?
mexican.gif

Anyone else looking for a piece of this action might wanna try this guy:

I'm still as high on Schneider as ever, and think he'll eventually win a Vezina. I consider him the best positional goaltender in the league, personally.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I think Schneider is a fantastic goalie fully capable of winning a Vezina, however, he's going to a team much worse off than the team he had here. It remains to be seen how that will effect him. Look at the last 10 winners:

Bobrovsky (team finished 9th)
Lundqvist (team finished 1st)
Thomas (team finished 3rd)
Miller (team finished 3rd)
Thomas (team finished 1st)
Brodeur (team finished 4th)
Brodeur (team finished 3rd)
Kipper (team finished 3rd)
Brodeur (team finished 6th)
Brodeur (team finished 2nd)

Every single one of those guys except Bobrovsky had a good team in front of them. Likely all of those teams were still playoff teams with an average goalie instead of a Vezina winner. Obviously the fact that most of them finished top 3 in their conference was aided greatly by the fact that they had Vezina goaltending, however, there's no team out of any of those that stand out as as bad as NJ is and will be except for Columbus, and even then, I'd take the team the BJ's have over what the Devils have now.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Dont really know why your disagreement with postsers deserves its own thread, or how its outrageous statement, I think he has a chance over the next 4 years, and also has a chance not to. Him and rask were considered two of the best upcoming goalies in the league. Neither statement is outrageous, he has a shot imo over the next 4 years, and could also come up short.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Were these proclamations made before or after the Devils lost Kovalchuk? Hind sight is 20/20.

Just so I'm consistent with myself: I've been saying forever that I don't think he'll succeed with NJ, on the account of their historic inability to accommodate butterfly goalies.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Dont really know why your disagreement with postsers deserves its own thread, or how its outrageous statement, I think he has a chance over the next 4 years, and also has a chance not to. Him and rask were considered two of the best upcoming goalies in the league. Neither statement is outrageous, he has a shot imo over the next 4 years, and could also come up short.

Looks like we may have another sucker here folks. ;)

The mod who put an end to this discussion in the Injury thread suggested I start a new thread.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I suspect he will compete for a Vezina one day, although New Jersey is inferior to us in a number of ways. So, I will go you won better, Diamond.

2013-14 season. Luongo has a better year than Schneider. Ya in?

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Were these proclamations made before or after the Devils lost Kovalchuk? Hind sight is 20/20.

It's not hind sight, those proclamations were made within the last few days (Injury thread).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
You can bet if you want and you may win, its not easy to win a vezina, I just dont understand your challenge of such an "outrageous statement".

Are there other young goalies in the 24-27 range besides rask, quick. or price, and maybe bob... that you think have a better chance in the future to win a vezina? Cory is one of the top up and coming goalies in the league so i dont think its outrageous some think he might compete or win a vezina over the next 4 years but it wont be easy, i just dont think its completely outrageous idea either. And we have no idea what new jersey will do the next few years or if he will even be a devil after 2 years, they have new owners who might put more cash into the team and they also came out of nowhere last season to compete in the cup final. Cory might not even re-sign with them after 2 seasons.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Even though yours truly won't be able to collect on this bet for 4 years

... and the average cyberlifetime of a poster is less than 4 years

... I figure what the heck, I'll do it!

Someone has to challenge outrageous statements.

And we have to get through the dog days of summer somehow...

Avatar bet for an entire off-season?
mexican.gif

Anyone else looking for a piece of this action might wanna try this guy:

Wow, you certainly held on to that one :laugh:.

I absolutely stand by what I said, and I will PM my facebook and/or any other details people wish to exchange with me.

I think 5-1 odds are fair, personally, but if anyone disagrees they are welcome to state their odds and reasoning behind them.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Thank you. Kind of sad how immature some posters get, and how they hold on to grudges and allow their emotions to get the best of them.

Between this post and the PM I received recently it's nice to see there is still a bit of civility and maturity on this site.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I hope he does at some point in his career, class act person and an spite netminder. If the Devils have a good team sometime in the next 7-10 years I think CS will be in the running of a Vezina.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I suspect he will compete for a Vezina one day, although New Jersey is inferior to us in a number of ways. So, I will go you won better, Diamond.

2013-14 season. Luongo has a better year than Schneider. Ya in?

Ohh, now here's a poster with some class and balls. Sure, let's do it. I say Schneids has a better year than Luongo.

What would you like to bet?

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You can bet if you want and you may win, its not easy to win a vezina, I just dont understand your challenge of such an "outrageous statement".

Are there other young goalies in the 24-27 range besides rask, quick. or price, and maybe bob... that you think have a better chance in the future to win a vezina? Cory is one of the top up and coming goalies in the league so i dont think its outrageous some think he might compete or win a vezina over the next 4 years but it wont be easy, i just dont think its completely outrageous idea either. And we have no idea what new jersey will do the next few years or if he will even be a devil after 2 years, they have new owners who might put more cash into the team and they also came out of nowhere last season to compete in the cup final. Cory might not even re-sign with them after 2 seasons.

It's outrageous because the odds of Schneider winning the Vezina are low.

There are dozens of goalies with a shot each year.

Did you predict Bobrovsky to win it last year?
mexican.gif

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
I can see Cory moving on from NJ when he becomes a UFA in a couple of years. In the meantime, he will secure the #1 and Brodeur will retire next year. He'll have a fantastic two years in NJ and then get a contract from a contender. If he's going to win the Vezina, it will be in the following 2-3years with this team. He will probably have a SC ring as well.:handclap:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The thing with cory is the potential is present, he currently has the best SV% numbers of any goalie since 2010-11 during the regular season (thanks to james mirtle who posted the numbers when pumping reimer), but again small sample size, and has yet to be a starter, so I think he has that potential for sure whether it comes to fruition is another story and you might be right he might never win it.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...l=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=save_pct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad