AHL: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins: '24-'25 The Players Sully Hates

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
McGroaty on the 3rd line in WBS.
I wouldn't read too much into that, just put him into a line that didn't disrupt what the coach liked out of the top 6 at the moment, that'll probably change by his 2nd and 3rd game quickly.

I know some laughed at me but I still really like Clurman, he's a fantastic skater for his size and might just be a very late bloomer.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Bemstrom makes no sense. He’s been productive at every level but the NHL.

Whaaaattt??? 4gp- 1g, 4a, 5p is NOT Mike Sullivan hockey I'll have you know!!!
6 points in 4 games according to AHL.com

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
I don’t remember this being the case last season, or if this was announced, but Kain Tisi is listed as WB/S’s full time goalie coach now. So that’s good for Murashov and Blomqvist.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
And here there is mention of Wheeling getting a goalie coach as well. Looks like there might be some focus on development at least for goalies.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Kain Tisi intrigues me as a goalie coach. I know the Penguins hired a bunch of Leafs scouts and coaches as well but I do find it curious how the goalie coaching changes go on. Usually the goalie that becomes the #1 they will favour the voice he wants - Fleury had Bales, Murray had Buckley, then the Penguins promoted Chiodo to take over and now Tisi is the Goalie Coach/Developmental in WBS.

He came over in 2021-22, its hard to really read the impact they have - The goalies are all up and down in WBS, last year was one of the better seasons under TIsi mainly helping the goalies in WBS for 3yrs.

Meanwhile, Chiodo, I'm not sure what's up but its like our goalies have a strong start under him and then falter after the second half, this year being a different beast altogether.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad