Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2024-25

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hoping that we get an actual scrimmage again this year, looks like a good group, even a couple of invitees of note. Nevers and Mbereko stick out to me, and is that Pascal’s son Kody on the list?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

The one who is sneakily enticing for me is Hlavaj. I'd love to see Mbereko take off, though.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Not sure if this means anything, but I noticed there's no Yurov on the list.

He attended last year, right?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not sure if this means anything, but I noticed there's no Yurov on the list.

He attended last year, right?
He was there last year, I remember that it was a bit of a surprise. The players have to pay their own way to get there and this camp is really about just orienting them to the Wild development team and establishing baseline practices for nutrition and stuff so it’s not as serious as the later prospect camp.

Reactions: Wasted Talent

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Hoping that we get an actual scrimmage again this year, looks like a good group, even a couple of invitees of note. Nevers and Mbereko stick out to me, and is that Pascal’s son Kody on the list?
My memory sucks - they did like a weird 3 vs 3 last year or something different with the scrimmage, right? I hope they have it but I think it would have been mentioned in the press release. Always enjoyed rewatching it on Youtube/WildTV.

Kody is Pascal's son, yes. Looks pretty small - hopefully a late bloomer, haha.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was there last year, I remember that it was a bit of a surprise. The players have to pay their own way to get there and this camp is really about just orienting them to the Wild development team and establishing baseline practices for nutrition and stuff so it’s not as serious as the later prospect camp.
I believe only the NCAA players have the restriction about paying their own way.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
My memory sucks - they did like a weird 3 vs 3 last year or something different with the scrimmage, right? I hope they have it but I think it would have been mentioned in the press release. Always enjoyed rewatching it on Youtube/WildTV.

Kody is Pascal's son, yes. Looks pretty small - hopefully a late bloomer, haha.
3v3 was two years ago, last year I think they just outright didn’t do it if I remember right. I think they’ve been trying to focus on this as a development event and not for competitive assessments. Keeps the focus on learning and the players looser. Still would like it as a fan, it’s fun to see a little bit of game action and any instant chemistry.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wonder if that's still true now that NCAA players can be paid?

I don't think it's allowed for a pro team to do that. A local car dealer in town probably could though. If it just so happens that the trip coincides with camp then all the better. They want some on ice shots or something.

The NCAA rules with players being paid stuff aren't very well defined. I've seen some coaches/colleges complaining about it. My main takeaway from all of that is there is no consensus on how to handle things.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't think it's allowed for a pro team to do that. A local car dealer in town probably could though. If it just so happens that the trip coincides with camp then all the better. They want some on ice shots or something.

The NCAA rules with players being paid stuff aren't very well defined. I've seen some coaches/colleges complaining about it. My main takeaway from all of that is there is no consensus on how to handle things.

Is it an NHL rule or an NCAA rule?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Is it an NHL rule or an NCAA rule?

NCAA rule. It falls somewhere the amateur status rules. It has somethign to do with being paid/reimbursed/compensated to play their sport. Where NIL is payment for "non-sports" things like advertising. At least that is what the boosters handing out the money to individual athletes will claim. There is a section for video games using likenesses too. I'm not very well versed in this topic, this is just the understanding of it I have. So I could be way off base here.

Pro teams can fly/house their prospects for camps and things like that with no issues. So it's not a NHL rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad